It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

There are two things that matter to all of us gamers: the games we play and the friends we play them with. But as more titles come with dedicated launchers and clients, our games and gaming buddies become scattered in between them. With GOG GALAXY 2.0, you’ll be able to combine multiple libraries into one and connect with your friends across all gaming platforms!

As gamers, we need to juggle between multiple clients to access our games and see what our friends are playing,” says Piotr Karwowski, Managing Director at GOG. “We believe gamers deserve a better experience, and this became the driving force to redefine GOG GALAXY client,” Karwowski adds. “GOG GALAXY 2.0 is designed for all gamers and extends well beyond existing GOG.COM users, into both PC and console platforms.

Once you connect GOG GALAXY 2.0 with other platforms, it will import all your games into one library. You will see your friends activities and online status across connected platforms. All new library and friends features apply to your GOG.COM games and enhance your experience. And it’s designed to protect your privacy – your data belongs to you and will never be shared with third parties. We see it as an all-in-one solution for the present-day gamer.

Experience GOG GALAXY 2.0 yourself — sign up for the closed beta at www.gogalaxy.com and be among the first to get access to it!

Learn more about our vision.
Main features and what to expect once GOG GALAXY 2.0 officially launches.

Your Games.
Import all your games from PC and consoles, build and organize them into one master collection. Install and launch any PC game you own, no matter the platform.

Keep track of all your achievements, hours played and games owned.

Customize your library by filtering, sorting, tagging, and adding your own visuals like game backgrounds or covers.

Follow upcoming releases and discover games popular among your friends and the gaming community.

Your Friends.
Bring together your friends from all platforms and see their online status.

No matter on which platform your friends are, you can chat with them.

See your friends’ cross-platform achievements, game time milestones and recently played games.

See who’s the master collector, completionist or spends the most time playing.

Your Privacy.
Your personal data will never be shared with third parties.

We’re not spying on data from your computer.

With a single click, you can remove imported games and friends data from our servers.

Your GOG Client.
All new library management and friends features take your experience to the next level.

The best way to run and update your GOG games.

Use features like cloud saving, in-game overlay, multiplayer & matchmaking, rollbacks and more.

The client is not required to play your DRM-free GOG games.

More
Connect more platforms and add new features with open-source integrations.

All customizations and changes to your library are saved in the cloud and synced between all your devices.

Save any view like a customized library or favorite games and friends to access them instantly.

GOG GALAXY 2.0 will be available for Windows and Mac for free.
Post edited May 24, 2019 by elcook
high rated
Good for those interested I guess.
I won't ask for Galaxy for Linux, because I don't personally care and I wouldn't use it.

But since it's about sharing games from multiple platforms (so not my OS, sic), I would love to see Gog making efforts to secure Linux/Mac versions of games already sold here for Windows, but, Linux/Mac available only on Steam.

So much for "sharing", I guess.

/rant
Post edited May 22, 2019 by Huinehtar
high rated
lolplatypus: I believe we already got that statement.

Basically it's not going to happen.
StingingVelvet: It's almost like Linux gamers are a very loud but very small group.
Please show me on the Tux plushie where Linux touched you.
paladin181: How will this differ from Playnite or Launchbox? Looks ok, but I already have launchers for everything.
GOG GALAXY 2.0 is not only a launcher, it's so much more ;)
To give one example, it's not only a way to connect all fo your games in one place, but also friends.

More on that here - https://www.gogalaxy.com/en/
Ancient-Red-Dragon: download offline backup installers for previous game versions
goldragon: This would be cool.
However, it will add extra to storage\electrical\etc. bills, so GOG won't go for it as it has rare use and generates no profit.
In that case GOG should change it's slogan to something like "Your home for sometimes-broken DRM-free games, in which cases we will not allow you to download the non-broken DRM-free version of games that you paid for."

As it stands now, GOG has an ethical responsibility to offer the non-most-recent versions as DRM-free backup installers, given that they don't market themselves on the premise that the DRM-free backup installers will sometimes offer broken versions of the game and that GOG customers may-well end up stuck with those broken versions.

Galaxy 2.0 will be a perfect time for GOG to start offering this very necessary feature.

I heard Witcher 3's version 1.32 even breaks the ability to use mods, which for many users is an essential part of that game. Is Galaxy 1.0 and Galaxy 2.0 soon going to start forcing GOG users only to have access to that version 1.32? If so, that's gonna tick off a whole lot of people, and rightly so.

I wonder if the reason why Galaxy current offers v1.31 as the only backup option is because GOG knows this? Or did they just yet not get around to forcing the newest 1.32 version onto everyone as their only backup option?

And if they are deliberately offering v1.31,instead of v1.32, because they know v1.31 is the non-broken version, then it begs the question: why does Witcher 3 get special treatment, whereas less popular games are stuck only having the broken versions available as backups? In other words, that's an unfair double-standard which GOG is applying.

GOG could instantly solve all these problems by letting the customers choose for themselves which version of any GOG game which they download.
So, just to clarify, for this to work one would need to keep all the launchers (Galaxy, Steam, Epic, Origin, Uplay, etc.) open simultaneously? Does it also support less popular launchers like Itch.io and Gamejolt?
low rated
i_hope_you_rot: Any of you saw all those EA , Ubisoft and Activision classics that were released today ?
Lol...why is THIS worthy of low rating everyone? o.0

===============================================

As to the OP post: So basically this is like this.

I get the usefulness of being able to manage your game libraries in clients, but some might not need the extra hardware usage such would require. How does this stack up hardware demand wise(ram/disc space/etc required)?
high rated
chandra: GOG GALAXY 2.0 aims to connect all clients and launchers, among with all of your friends scattered in between them :)
If you used it in the past, it's still the best way to run and update your GOG games ;)
Kyousuke.: Does is happens automatically or you can prevent/dsable it from the start? I use galaxy, but I don't want to use this feature.
If you don't connect other platforms to your GOG GALAXY account, it won't happen automatically :)
high rated
chandra: GOG GALAXY 2.0 is not only a launcher, it's so much more ;)
To give one example, it's not only a way to connect all fo your games in one place, but also friends.

Holy cow, Chandra. The corporate sales-speek is so strong in that post it feels almost like you had a bot write it.
toxicTom: Will I be able to add games simply installed from disk or Humble/Itch.io DRM-free installers? I don't use any other launchers/clients...
chandra: Yes, adding single games will be possible :)
Are you peeps aware that linking accounts is a serious security risk?
visconteprimus: I'm not interested at all, about this: I play on my own and off-line.

So... Will the old GOG Downloader be ever available to dowload games from my Library?

GOG GALAXY is going to remain optional, right?

Thanks.
It still is
https://www.gog.com/downloader
Ancient-Red-Dragon: But what if I want to download a DRM-free offline backup installer of the non-broken version? GOG offers no ability to do so, given that the GOG interfaces only offer me the option to download a backup installer of the latest version which is broken.

Giving GOG customers the ability to download not the most recent version is also important for when patches make undesirable changes to the game, i.e. breaking the ability to use mods, changing the game for political reasons, unbalancing the game, etc.
I remember when some games had base installers and patch/updates as separate installers.
samuraigaiden: So, just to clarify, for this to work one would need to keep all the launchers (Galaxy, Steam, Epic, Origin, Uplay, etc.) open simultaneously? Does it also support less popular launchers like Itch.io and Gamejolt?
We are aiming at all launchers and clients.

If you want to get access to any features specific to that platform, (like installing or auto-updating games, cloud saves, etc.), that gaming client will still have to be installed on your PC :)
GOG GALAXY 2.0 will launch the other client for you in the background.
high rated
paladin181: How will this differ from Playnite or Launchbox? Looks ok, but I already have launchers for everything.
chandra: GOG GALAXY 2.0 is not only a launcher, it's so much more ;)

Not to be annoying but I repeat my previous question.

I'm not interested in this feature at all and I want to keep using the old GOG Downloader.

Will it be still possible?
high rated
Sounds like some cool features and I love the DRM free ideas. Any timeline on when the Linux release will happen? It's been your top requested feature for the client on your request tracker for years now.
In an era where privacy's being put to test on a daily basis hearing about these concerns is truly M**F%#*$ AMAZING