It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

The Elder Scrolls. Quake & Doom. Fallout. Alright.

Welcome, Bethesda, to our pantheon of all-time classics!
Today, we're happy to start a blooming new partnership with Bethesda Softworks, one that brings an impressive lineup of their unforgettable games to our DRM-free platform, and plenty of guts and nuclear smiles to our faces.

We're teaming up to release some of the greatest hits from the Bethesda vault, some DRM-free for the first time ever. Eleven new arrivals include The Elder Scrolls and two digital-distribution premieres, totally retro id Software shooters, plus the long-awaited return of the Fallout franchise! To make the day even sweeter, The Elder Scrolls: Arena and The Elder Scrolls II: Daggerfall will be added to your game shelf entirely for free when you buy any Bethesda game.

<span class="bold">The Elder Scrolls</span>, perched high up among the most famous video-game worlds ever created, are now DRM-free and updated for your modern computer - you can purchase all three to receive a 33% discount.:
--The Elder Scrolls III: Morrowind - Game of the Year Edition.
--The Elder Scrolls Adventures: Redguard - digital distribution premiere.
--The Elder Scrolls: Battlespire - digital distribution premiere.
--The Elder Scrolls: Arena - FREE with any Bethesda purchase.
--The Elder Scrolls II: Daggerfall - FREE with any Bethesda purchase, too.

Megahit <span class="bold">id Software</span> first-person shooters join the fray - also 33% off if you grab all three:
--Quake including Mission Pack 1 and Mission Pack 2
--The Ultimate DOOM
--DOOM II + Master Levels for Doom II + Final DOOM

And last we find that goodbyes are not forever (and that war never changes). <span class="bold">Fallout</span>, the premiere post nuclear role playing game franchise is finally back on GOG.com! Save 66% if you complete your collection in one purchase.
--Fallout
--Fallout 2
--Fallout Tactics

The bundle promos end on Wednesday, September 2, 12:59 PM GMT.

Stream watch:
We'll be showing off many of these fresh and returning releases on our Twitch channel! Follow us (or track our dedicated streaming Twitter) to not miss 'em!
Great! I haven't been very content with you recently, GOG, but this is a great catch! Now you only have to start announcing bad things too and not only new releases and solve the issue that made you ban gifting. Or was the ban of gifting one of the conditions to bring Bethesda here? Did evil Bethesda make you do it? ;-)
Elmofongo: What about getting System Shock 1?
thesmashingone: You may want to take a look at this. The game is not guaranteed to come out, but it may be a sign for things to come.
What about Vampires Bloodlines? Or the first 5 Wizardry games we are missing.
BillyMaysFan59: I also encourage everyone who acquired the old Interplay versions to back up all the bonus features now, in case they get removed. (I hope not.)
Unlikely, unless GOG actively, knowingly and willingly decides to start removing other things from our accounts like, I don't know, our games?
Post edited August 26, 2015 by Grargar
Nice to finally see the Fallouts return.

I hope the next batch of titles will include some more recent stuff, Doom 3, Fallout: New Vegas and the like.
thesmashingone: You may want to take a look at this. The game is not guaranteed to come out, but it may be a sign for things to come.
Elmofongo: What about Vampires Bloodlines? Or the first 5 Wizardry games we are missing.
No clue about the others, sorry. I have just read the Night Dive thread recently and found out about System Shock 1.
Another one like Paradox, the initial release only contains old titles that are already available elsewhere. Will it also go all quiet afterwards?

I'll celebrate when I can buy something adware free that was formerly only available on steam.
A good start. I hope Heretic and Hexen are next, and that the Doom engine collection gets completed by Night Dive finally delivering on its promise to bring Strife to GOG.

Some people have mentioned Hexen II with Portals of Praevus, and Heretic II. Those titles were not published by Id Software (Hexen II was, but not its expansion) so they aren't covered by the deal GOG made with Zenimax/Bethesda. That's why Hexen II is sold without POP on Steam, and Heretic II isn't sold there. Untangling the legal issues involved in bundling Hexen II with POP would be challenging, I'm sure.

Other people mentioned Terminator: Future Shock and SkyNET. While I'd be glad to see them here, I doubt any of Bethesda's Terminator games will be easy to get: there is the issue of the Terminator license in addition to the games' own licenses. To get them, GOG would have to negotiate with Paramount Pictures and/or James Cameron. That's likely why Bethesda never rereleased these titles in any way.

Anyway, I'm personally looking forward to seeing Hexen and Quake II come here, because on Steam they bungled it completely and forgot about the CD soundtrack, a mistake GOG did not make with Quake.
Do we still get Arena if we already own these games?
I got all of them... including the Fallout games which I already own.
I only hope future updates will make it all worthwhile. I'm pretty sure the Fallout classics won't receive updates.
Lifthrasil: Great! I haven't been very content with you recently, GOG, but this is a great catch! Now you only have to start announcing bad things too and not only new releases and solve the issue that made you ban gifting. Or was the ban of gifting one of the conditions to bring Bethesda here? Did evil Bethesda make you do it? ;-)
...what?!

gifting got banned?!

link, please?
BillyMaysFan59: I also encourage everyone who acquired the old Interplay versions to back up all the bonus features now, in case they get removed. (I hope not.)
Grargar: Unlikely, unless GOG actively, knowingly and willingly decides to start removing other things from our accounts like, I don't know, our games?
I still have everything backed up, just to be safe. No reason I shouldn't. :D
Lifthrasil: Great! I haven't been very content with you recently, GOG, but this is a great catch! Now you only have to start announcing bad things too and not only new releases and solve the issue that made you ban gifting. Or was the ban of gifting one of the conditions to bring Bethesda here? Did evil Bethesda make you do it? ;-)
lostwolfe: ...what?!

gifting got banned?!

link, please?
Not all gifting, but a (broad) selection of games has gifting disabled for now. The blue ones said it is temporary and there should be an official statement soon (tm). There is a thread with a list of games by Grargar.

EDIT: Here, http://www.gog.com/forum/general/list_of_gog_games_with_worldwide_gifting_restrictions
EDIT2: Ninja'ed by the Almighty Cat. .)
Post edited August 26, 2015 by animalmother2105
lostwolfe: ...what?!

gifting got banned?!

link, please?
Sure. The games in that list can't be gifted at all.
BillyMaysFan59: I still have everything backed up, just to be safe. No reason I shouldn't. :D
A wise choice. ;)
Post edited August 26, 2015 by Grargar
I just looked outside my window. A freakin' pig divebombed into the side of my house.

Honestly, I was doubting the day would come where Bethesda would open up shop here. Thank you for this actually wonderful announcement, GOG!
I've already got Fall out series when It was given away, But would happily buy all the Bethesda classics (including rebuying Fallout) to show Bethesda that DRM free can work.