It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Get ready for some fun gaming experience with 3 new titles that are coming soon on GOG.COM:

· Hyperviolent
· Kapital: Sparks of Revolution
· Reverie Knights Tactics

Share our love for games? Subscribe to our newsletter for news, releases, and exclusive discounts. Visit the “Privacy & settings” section of your GOG account to join now!
Sarafan: (...) I'm afraid the first one will vanish in the stream of similar retro shooters however. (...)
It's true that some boomer shooters can go unnoticed during this wave of releases but at some point the trend of new releases will slow down and good titles will be rediscovered.
rjbuffchix: Think I'll hold out and see if they arrive on Zoom-Platform since they seem to have a good relationship with 1C too. Under normal circumstances I would prefer to have them here, but after Hitman: Be Online to Access Your Content edition and the lack of what I would call a meaningful response to users' concerns, I feel I can't trust releases on GOG.com to be DRM-free.
funny how GOG and Steam are receiving, for different reasons but at the same time, the worst-rated games on their platforms respectively, Hitman and eFootball.
What does Hyperviolent need with those kinds of stats with that kind of draw distance?
GOG.com: ...
please remember 1C games like Konung 3, 7,62, Planet Alcatraz 1+2, Stalingrad, Brigade E5, and any others with ~150, 200+ votes, though I understand they aren't a priority (and some are already DRM-free on Zoom)
Meh, I was hoping for something like the A.I.M. series and Hammer & Sickle.
OHMYGODJCABOMB: Meh, I was hoping for something like the A.I.M. series and Hammer & Sickle.
I'd pick up the A.I.M. series in a second if they show up.
Hyperviolent looks like it could be interesting, although like other posts have mentioned, the system requirements are puzzling. I suppose the 8GB of ram might have something to do with running on Windows 10 though.

However, it also requires 1500 MB of disk space, which is a lot, considering how the graphics look.

But I'm certainly no developer, and know very little of these aspects, so I'm willing to put it on my wishlist and see how the reviews turn out.

As video cards are cost prohibitive for me at the moment, I've been buying as many of these retro shooters as I am able, providing they show up here on GOG. Note to retro shooter devs: I won't buy them anywhere else.
With Kapital, I wonder how they going to balance each ideology, unless this game is politically biased.

Hyperviolent is so weird, it's like mixing Quake style 3D rendered rooms but the enemies are pixelated like Doom 2.
DD & Ji Ji: Unity engine ?
No. Some custom engine, all the graphics are in .obj/.mtl/.png format, which is a really weird and inefficient choice, though I guess you could easily mod stuff by loading it into Blender or whatever. I played the demo using Wine and a years-old Vega card, fps stayed locked at 60, so no issues there.

However for me the mouse control had some unpleasant acceleration curve, and there are zero game options of any kind whatsoever, other than remapping keyboard controls. (Which isn't even accurate...it says inventory is I by default, but it's actually tab, and remapping it doesn't do anything.)

The two-weapons thing is neat, but makes weapon switching a bit of a pain. The enemies I encountered that had weapons were all hitscan, and kinda bullet-spongy...that coupled with the weird and unchangeable mouse control made it not very fun to play, so I quit after 15 minutes or so. And yeah, the mix of 8GB, 64-bit only, but DX8 32MB GPU??? is bizarre.

Overall I'm going to say "pass," and go back to waiting for Prodeus to be done. (Now that one is actually a Unity engine game, but has a far lower RAM requirement, way better but still old-school graphics, and no complaints about performance that I've seen. Not to mention a native Mac version.)
You would think 8GB ram requirements were for a game with a lot of very nicely done graphics...very very nicely done...but?
Niggles: You would think 8GB ram requirements were for a game with a lot of very nicely done graphics...very very nicely done...but?
I would suspect that's the mininum system memory requirement and not graphics memory.
Yes, the requirements specifically say 8GB RAM, and 32MB video RAM.
eric5h5: Yes, the requirements specifically say 8GB RAM, and 32MB video RAM.
Really? Only 32 MB V-RAM? I mean, such amounts of V-RAM were normal in the late 90s and early 2000s, so it doesn`t quite fit to 8 GB RAM...
Two of these games look interesting. Hopefully they will get a Linux version on release.

Maxvorstadt: Really? Only 32 MB V-RAM? I mean, such amounts of V-RAM were normal in the late 90s and early 2000s, so it doesn`t quite fit to 8 GB RAM...
Indeed, the system requirements for this game do not fit together at all.

Chasmancer: Heck does Hyperviolent need ridiculous 8GB of RAM for though?
DD & Ji Ji: Unity engine ?
Does Unity even run with DX8?
Post edited October 05, 2021 by eiii
Niggles: You would think 8GB ram requirements were for a game with a lot of very nicely done graphics...very very nicely done...but?
Mori_Yuki: I would suspect that's the mininum system memory requirement and not graphics memory.
Sorry wasnt thinking. Just surprised the game requires 8GB ram minimum for the system