It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Go where no man has gone before and join our Star Trek Contest and get a chance to win 1 of 15 sets of newly released Star Trek games! Don't worry, you don't need to wear a red shirt.

Imagine you're the new Starfleet Captain, name your ship and figure out what would your famous catchphrase be and tell us in the comments on the forum!

Hurry before this ship activates its warp drive and jumps on September 17th, 3 PM UTC.
Has anyone considered the possibility that either Sept 10th or Sept 17th (start and end date of this contest) is Poland's equivalent to April's Fool Day?

...To answer with a quote by Capt. James T. Kirk: "Maybe."

[100 bonus points to whoever knows the TOS episode which contains Kirk's quote! :-) ]
Post edited September 25, 2021 by EastTNGamer
EastTNGamer: Has anyone considered the possibility that either Sept 10th or Sept 17th (start and end date of this contest) is Poland's equivalent to April's Fool Day?

[100 bonus points to whoever knows the TOS episode which contains Kirk's quote! :-) ]
I Googled it and it gave me "The Changeling"
EastTNGamer: Has anyone considered the possibility that either Sept 10th or Sept 17th (start and end date of this contest) is Poland's equivalent to April's Fool Day?

Gatherer9064: I Googled it and it gave me "The Changeling"
Maybe Capt. Kirk said "Maybe" more often than I remember. But, sorry, that's not the episode I had in mind. Here's the full line: "Coincidence? ...Maybe."

Side note: The scene in question would make a great video meme to post in response to all the "coincidences" the world system (political leaders) constantly affront us with while telling us to look the other way. Too bad I don't have the time or inclination to make and post it.
I'll give everyone a hint: The episode in question is very apropos to our current pandemic times. It, too, concerns a heretofore unknown contagion that begins spreading (and killing) like wildfire. If only the solution were as simple as "It's water!"

[50 bonus points to whoever can identify the character who said the immediately previous quote! (Its from the same episode.)]
Post edited September 25, 2021 by EastTNGamer
EastTNGamer: I'll give everyone a hint: The episode in question is very apropos to our current pandemic times. It, too, concerns a heretofore unknown contagion that begins spreading (and killing) like wildfire. If only the solution were as simple as "It's water!"

[50 bonus points to whoever can identify the character who said the immediately previous quote! (Its from the same episode.)]
Would it be "The Naked Time"? "It's water" was sad "Bones" McCoy.
EastTNGamer: I'll give everyone a hint: The episode in question is very apropos to our current pandemic times. It, too, concerns a heretofore unknown contagion that begins spreading (and killing) like wildfire. If only the solution were as simple as "It's water!"

majaso: Would it be "The Naked Time"? "It's water" was sad "Bones" McCoy.
Ding, ding, ding! We have a winner!

majaso has proven his/her Star Trek (TOS) bona fides!

(And let's face it: TOS bona fides are all the Star Trek bona fides that really matter!)
majaso: Would it be "The Naked Time"? "It's water" was sad "Bones" McCoy.
EastTNGamer: Ding, ding, ding! We have a winner!

(And let's face it: TOS bona fides are all the Star Trek bona fides that really matter!)
What about TNG? Wasn't it supposed to be second to TOS? Or am I starting a pointy-eared nerd war here?
EastTNGamer: Ding, ding, ding! We have a winner!

Gatherer9064: What about TNG? Wasn't it supposed to be second to TOS? Or am I starting a pointy-eared nerd war here?
dunno i lost the story arch after the clone wars ended
Gatherer9064: What about TNG? Wasn't it supposed to be second to TOS? Or am I starting a pointy-eared nerd war here?
Orkhepaj: dunno i lost the story arch after the clone wars ended
This Star Trek thread has been infiltrated by a Star Wars fan.
I'm late. but who cares anymore?
---
Starship New Buenos Aires
"C'mon,man! You apes wanna live forever?!"
Orkhepaj: dunno i lost the story arch after the clone wars ended
ShadowCoolossus: This Star Trek thread has been infiltrated by a Star Wars fan.
Nah. Troll, really, judging by the reputation. Upvoted them to troll them back, haha. Orkhepaj, you could have trolled harder, you know, could have written that STD is the best. Or that you like Q. Which I do. All of them. Almost all. All of the ST-related ones anyway. Hmm, could the non-ST one have been named for the ultimate troll of the ST universe? I should probably stop babbling, I am sure to receive enough flak already.
Post edited September 26, 2021 by johannesjidl
johannesjidl: Nah. Troll, really, judging by the reputation. Upvoted them to troll them back, haha. Orkhepaj, you could have trolled harder, you know, could have written that STD is the best. Or that you like Q. Which I do. All of them. Almost all. All of the ST-related ones anyway. Hmm, could the non-ST one have been named for the ultimate troll of the ST universe? I should probably stop babbling, I am sure to receive enough flak already.
"Jesse, what the flick are you talking about?"
johannesjidl: Nah. Troll, really, judging by the reputation. Upvoted them to troll them back, haha. Orkhepaj, you could have trolled harder, you know, could have written that STD is the best. Or that you like Q. Which I do. All of them. Almost all. All of the ST-related ones anyway. Hmm, could the non-ST one have been named for the ultimate troll of the ST universe? I should probably stop babbling, I am sure to receive enough flak already.
troll judging by the reputation?:O
Post edited September 26, 2021 by Orkhepaj
What are the chances that the 2013 Star Trek game based on the JJ Abrams movies ends up on GOG? Apart from nil?
My goodness, GOG. We haven't been held in this much suspense since the "Enterprise intercepts V'Ger" scene in 1979's Star Trek- The Motion Picture!

...We didn't enjoy it much then, either. ;-)