It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

hyperagathon: OK, so I had to mess with it a bit more. The above works fine if you don't have any settings you've saved. The suspicious line was there because the author stored the settings as JSON. Blah blah blah, here's the (fully) functioning version:

initialise: function(initial_values, done) {

var saved_settings = {}
try {
var s = GM_getValue('settings', '{}')
if (s) { saved_settings = JSON.parse(s); }
hyperagathon:
As a non-coder, it took a second glance to convince me I could actually try that out. Works beautifully, got me my BE functionality back 100%. Thanks a bunch and +1, hyperagathon!

HypersomniacLive:
Got it, thanks!
Post edited May 31, 2015 by chevkoch
hyperagathon: I don't usually use BE, but: doesn't work, I get a "TypeError: saved_settings is null" in the console. It reports a few places (lines) where this (presumably) happens, and it's the settings.initialise function. Basically, it tries to load some stuff via GM's API, and this fails for some reason. Following up on that, I tried opening the database file in which this stuff gets saved, but that didn't provide anything useful. Went back to look at the code, and there was a line in there that was suspicious, so I commented it out. Tadaaa.

For reference to anyone interested, excuse the formatting: If you comment out the last line (prefix //), it lights up. Of course, since I'm not a regular user, I have no idea if it does everything it's supposed so, but I see the old logo and quick reply functionality.

Edit:
OK, so I had to mess with it a bit more. The above works fine if you don't have any settings you've saved. The suspicious line was there because the author stored the settings as JSON. Blah blah blah, here's the (fully) functioning version:
Thanks, this fixed the issue. :)
Thanks, that code thing worked.

Although I cannot access the "Essentials Settings" menu from the storefront, or account shelf. Clicking "Account>Essentials" does nothing.
It only comes up if i'm on the forums or on gog.com/support. So at least it is accessible from somewhere. Not sure if this is known,
hyperagathon: [snip]
It took me a couple of minutes to figure out what you were referring to (never opened the Developer Console on FireFox before), but once I found out where I needed to go, this worked like a charm. This forum is so terribly broken without this script. Thank you SO much!
Post edited June 03, 2015 by Tekkaman-James
Thank you, hyperagathon! You da man!
Runibl: Although I cannot access the "Essentials Settings" menu from the storefront, or account shelf. Clicking "Account>Essentials" does nothing.
It only comes up if i'm on the forums or on gog.com/support. So at least it is accessible from somewhere. Not sure if this is known,
I was having the same problem, and it didn't occur to me to try it until I read your post, so thank you. :)

You might try waiting until after the sale to try it on the store pages again - GOG tends to screw with the javascript and CSS a lot when there's weird things going on, so I'm going to give it a few weeks to switch back to the normal storefront before I consider it "broken."
Post edited June 09, 2015 by geminidomino
Since the new account system the red number when I receive a chat or a forum reply is not shown - only the numbers in the submenu (forum replies, chat). Has anybody an idea how to fix this? If I turn BE off the number is shown again (in grey *yikes*).
Post edited June 13, 2015 by MarkoH01
Cheers for the update and making the GOG forum a better place with BE!
Yay! A new version of BE!
Thank you, Barefoot_Monkey.

Tested the two compatibility fixes and they worked fine. Great work. +lots.

One issue: The only pages I am able to access the Essentials menu from are the forum pages. Selecting "Essentials" on the Home, Account, Chat, Wishlist, etc. pages does nothing. On Firefox.

P.S. The new GOG wiki library/wishlist display looks great [note: to see an example, one may, as usual, click on my name to see my wiki page], better than before, and a lot better than GOG.

P.P.S. The release date of version 2.3 in the changelog seems incorrect (copy paste bug).
Post edited July 07, 2015 by mrkgnao
Wohooo new version. Thank you Barefoot_Monkey!
*big happy hug for you if you want* :D

A tiny wish if you are reading this: Is it possible to make an option to sync only the wishlist? Because I don't want to loose my manually sorted shelf on the wiki :P
Thank you for the new release!

Seeing this entry in the changelog "New feature: Shortcut keys on the redeem page - when there are multiple pages of items you can now use the left/right arrow keys to change pages" made me think that it might be a nice thing to have in the game catalog, too.
The sorting on the GOGwiki is messed up, even though I tried importing from both Sort by Purchase Date and by Title. It seems to be a mix between GOG's release date and my purchase date.
Grargar: The sorting on the GOGwiki is messed up, even though I tried importing from both Sort by Purchase Date and by Title. It seems to be a mix between GOG's release date and my purchase date.
My library sorting (by title) is also somewhat messed up, but not entirely.
Within a GOG library page (i.e. 100 games) the order is fine, but the order of pages is lost.
Here is the order I see:
- page 1
- page 4
- page 5
- page 2
- page 7
- page 3
- page 6
- page 8
- page 9
- page 11
- page 10
- page 12

Could it be that BE is sending one page at a time to the wiki, but the pages arrive in a different order?

Wishlist is sorted fine (by title), but probably because I have less than one page there.
Post edited July 07, 2015 by mrkgnao
Thanks Barefoot_Monkey, you are the best!
mrkgnao: One issue: The only pages I am able to access the Essentials menu from are the forum pages. Selecting "Essentials" on the Home, Account, Chat, Wishlist, etc. pages does nothing. On Firefox.
Also getting this. Firefox 39.0, add-ons say they are up-to-date. Win 7x64.