It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

high rated
BE fork
v.3.0.2c
Fixed: friends requests/chat messages notifications within the topbar's account menu.
Restored: forum replies' notifications within the topbar's community menu.
The 'forum replies' notifications' feature can be considered on a beta status.
I need more time and notifications to see its behaviour. The feedback is welcome.
Post edited March 17, 2022 by DawEdhel
DawEdhel: The 'forum replies' notifications' feature can be considered on a beta status.
I need more time and notifications to see its behaviour. The feedback is welcome.
Thanks for the update. How do I install it? That's very unclear. With AF, I just click the "raw" button on the Github page, and it installs. When I do that with this script, it just shows me the text of the script.
Post edited March 17, 2022 by finkleroy
finkleroy: Thanks for the update. How do I install it? That's very unclear. With AF, I just click the "raw" button on the Github page, and it installs. When I do that with this script, it just shows me the text of the script.
Basically the same steps, but if the script doesn't get hooked automatically, then feed this URL to your extension by hand.
And it's also possible configure it once to check for updates and auto download, so you don't have to do it every time.
DawEdhel: Basically the same steps, but if the script doesn't get hooked automatically, then feed this URL to your extension by hand.
And it's also possible configure it once to check for updates and auto download, so you don't have to do it every time.
How do I feed that URL into the extension by hand, and how do I configure it to check for updates and auto download? None of this is anything like the original script, which is a browser extension on the Chrome Web Store. There's no option in the extension's options or on the Github site to be able to do any of this, including downloading/updating the extension.
finkleroy: How do I feed that URL into the extension by hand, and how do I configure it to check for updates and auto download? None of this is anything like the original script, which is a browser extension on the Chrome Web Store. There's no option in the extension's options or on the Github site to be able to do any of this, including downloading/updating the extension.
I wasn't aware that BE had a dedicated browser extension as well.

Which extension are you currently speaking of? The BE one or some userscript manager?
DawEdhel: I wasn't aware that BE had a dedicated browser extension as well.

Which extension are you currently speaking of? The BE one or some userscript manager?
I have Tameprmonkey, BE and AF installed in Chrome on Windows 10. I'm pretty sure I somehow installed your fork of BE, but I can't remember how. It says it was installed on 2022-03-17, though, so apparently it auto-updated itself somehow.
DawEdhel: I wasn't aware that BE had a dedicated browser extension as well.

finkleroy: I have Tameprmonkey, BE and AF installed in Chrome on Windows 10. I'm pretty sure I somehow installed your fork of BE, but I can't remember how. It says it was installed on 2022-03-17, though, so apparently it auto-updated itself somehow.
If you've already installed it then it should automatically auto-update to new versions when they are available. That's probably why clicking the raw script button doesn't work too as it's already been added.
adaliabooks: If you've already installed it then it should automatically auto-update to new versions when they are available. That's probably why clicking the raw script button doesn't work too as it's already been added.
Interesting. Reloading the GOG forum didn't result in the installed version changing to the updated version. I guess maybe I had to close and re-open Chrome. That would explain why it showed as updated when I turned on my computer this morning.
finkleroy: I have Tameprmonkey, BE and AF installed in Chrome on Windows 10. I'm pretty sure I somehow installed your fork of BE, but I can't remember how. It says it was installed on 2022-03-17, though, so apparently it auto-updated itself somehow.
You can see a script's autochecking in its settings tab by clicking on it in the manager's dashboard.
Where 'Check for updates' has to be checked and 'Update URL:' has to be filled in.

There are also several ways to check for updates:
- en masse you can do it by clicking on the extension's icon in browser's extensions' panel, usually to the right of the URL bar, and then selecting 'Utilities' => 'Check for userscript updates'.
- individually you can do it via clicking on the respective 'Last updated' field in the manager's dashboard.
GitHub
Script source
v.3.0.2d
Fixed: some functionalities do not work if a page's URL address is localized.
Affected pages: /game/, /movie/, /promo/.
Is there a way to hide all user created threads from the general discussion forum ?
DawEdhel: To import original BE userscript's settings:
- in BE menu (GOG's top bar -> About -> Barefoot Essentials) change a default value, e.g. "Forums" -> "forum game topics", to force saving settings into local storage, thus making "Barefoot Essentials Fork" Storage tab visible.
- go to Tampermonkey's Dashboard -> "Installed Userscripts" -> click on original "Barefoot Essentials" -> Storage tab and copy everything.
- go to "Barefoot Essentials Fork" Storage tab, paste a copy and press save.
Where do I find the Storage tab? When I click on "Barefoot Essentials" (or "Barefoot Essentials Fork" or any other installed script) in "Installed Userscripts", all I see are three tabs: "Editor", "Settings" and "Externals".

EDIT: Nevermind. Found the answer in another post. Thank you for creating the fork.
Post edited March 23, 2022 by mrkgnao
DD & Ji Ji: Is there a way to hide all user created threads from the general discussion forum ?
Do you mean all users or some specific ones only?
If the latter, I doubt the script has this functionality. But I believe I've seen another script/extension that does something like that. Try using the forum search or maybe someone else will provide more info.
DawEdhel: Do you mean all users or some specific ones only?
If the latter, I doubt the script has this functionality. But I believe I've seen another script/extension that does something like that. Try using the forum search or maybe someone else will provide more info.
I mean all users .
DD & Ji Ji: I mean all users .
Then what's left to see there, if technically speaking every topic is created by some user?