It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

After I gave up last time I tried with PaleMoon, I just tried again.

My PaleMoon version is
Version: 27.8.1SSE (32-bit)
since it is the most current Linux package I could find.

The Greasemonkey page now tells me, that ALL versions (on all three pages) are incompatible with my browser, which is even worse than last time.
https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/greasemonkey/versions/?page=1

What should I do?

Edit: "Violentmonkey" had the same problem, completely refused to install with Firefox new Addon system.

This worked though:
https://github.com/janekptacijarabaci/greasemonkey/releases/tag/3.31Fork
Post edited March 12, 2018 by Klumpen0815
omega64: Well, tried again and it said the account is already pending. So, I guess it worked after all maybe?
My understanding is that when you try to make an account, an email is supposed to go to those that can actually approve the account. The e-mail server is malfunctioning, but the account is still created (and pending approval).
The captcha doesn't work, says it expired in 3/31/18 so I can't submit the new account form. Any contact info for someone who could help me?
TheHappyFriar: The captcha doesn't work, says it expired in 3/31/18 so I can't submit the new account form. Any contact info for someone who could help me?
To be honest, I am not really sure what you mean. But I am quite sure that it would be best to simply contact GOG support here (click on "support" in top menu and chose "accound and website" to open a support ticket).
Post edited April 09, 2018 by MarkoH01
MarkoH01: To be honest, I am not really sure what you mean. But I am quite sure that it would be best to simply contact GOG support here (click on "support" in top menu and chose "accound and website" to open a support ticket).
On the gogwiki webpage this is what I see. image attached.
Attachments:
TheHappyFriar: The captcha doesn't work, says it expired in 3/31/18 so I can't submit the new account form. Any contact info for someone who could help me?
MarkoH01: To be honest, I am not really sure what you mean. But I am quite sure that it would be best to simply contact GOG support here (click on "support" in top menu and chose "accound and website" to open a support ticket).
It's an issue with Google's reCaptcha. They're forcing folks to go from the pre-Google buy out of reCaptcha version which was just street signs to the version we see here at GoG, the pop up with the boxes and you have to pick out store fronts, bridges, etc.

https://developers.google.com/recaptcha/docs/faq#what-happens-to-recaptcha-v1
drmike: It's an issue with Google's reCaptcha. They're forcing folks to go from the pre-Google buy out of reCaptcha version which was just street signs to the version we see here at GoG, the pop up with the boxes and you have to pick out store fronts, bridges, etc.

https://developers.google.com/recaptcha/docs/faq#what-happens-to-recaptcha-v1
Still it is GOG using those captchas so they should be adressed to fix the issue.

BTW: I just f*cking HATE this captcha flood we are experiencing atm. Just wanted to CHECKOUT on humble and needed to confirm this clicking on those stupid streets/cars/whatever pics. It took me three times until the site finally believed me that I am no robot ... argh!

Anyway - both has nothing to do with Barefoot Essentials so I will stop here - sorry for OT.
Post edited April 09, 2018 by MarkoH01
MarkoH01: Anyway - both has nothing to do with Barefoot Essentials so I will stop here - sorry for OT.
From the other thread, TheHappyFriar is trying to create an account over at GoGWiki so he or she can export out his or her list of owned games, one of the features of Barefoot.

I directed him or her to the whois and their contact information.
MarkoH01: Anyway - both has nothing to do with Barefoot Essentials so I will stop here - sorry for OT.
drmike: From the other thread, TheHappyFriar is trying to create an account over at GoGWiki so he or she can export out his or her list of owned games, one of the features of Barefoot.

I directed him or her to the whois and their contact information.
Easiest way to create an account on GOGwiki would be to simply ask Barefoot_Monkey in chat. Afair I did the same when I created mine.
Hi there Barefoot_Monkey

I noticed a few months or more ago that Barefoot_Essentials wasn't working for me anymore, and when I looked into it it seemed as if it wasn't installed for some reason. Life has kept me busy for months and I haven't been in the forums much at all so I never bothered to look into it any deeper.

I wanted to sync my games to GOGwiki today though and checked all my browsers and neither Barefoot nor Adalia appear to be present anymore. I don't recall ever uninstalling either of them from any of my browsers so I thought that was odd, but I decided to go ahead and reinstall Barefoot today into all my Firefox browsers.

I've installed the latest Barefoot from Greasyfork into Firefox ESR 52.7.0/x86_64 on Linux, and Firefox 52.7.3/x64 in Windows, and neither of them seem to work for me so I thought I should probably report it. I'm running Windows 7/x64 and CentOS 7/x86_64 both fully updated.

Hope this helps.
skeletonbow: Hi there Barefoot_Monkey

I noticed a few months or more ago that Barefoot_Essentials wasn't working for me anymore, and when I looked into it it seemed as if it wasn't installed for some reason. Life has kept me busy for months and I haven't been in the forums much at all so I never bothered to look into it any deeper.

I wanted to sync my games to GOGwiki today though and checked all my browsers and neither Barefoot nor Adalia appear to be present anymore. I don't recall ever uninstalling either of them from any of my browsers so I thought that was odd, but I decided to go ahead and reinstall Barefoot today into all my Firefox browsers.

I've installed the latest Barefoot from Greasyfork into Firefox ESR 52.7.0/x86_64 on Linux, and Firefox 52.7.3/x64 in Windows, and neither of them seem to work for me so I thought I should probably report it. I'm running Windows 7/x64 and CentOS 7/x86_64 both fully updated.

Hope this helps.
I presume you are probably still using GreaseMonkey for your userscripts with Firefox?
I believe the recent update has meant GreaseMonkey doesn't really work anymore and I don't think they've fixed it yet. You may need to move to something else like TamperMonkey.
adaliabooks: I presume you are probably still using GreaseMonkey for your userscripts with Firefox?
I believe the recent update has meant GreaseMonkey doesn't really work anymore and I don't think they've fixed it yet. You may need to move to something else like TamperMonkey.
Yes, I still have Greasemonkey. I'm not using the current version of mainstream Firefox however (58 or 59 or whatever is current) but rather the Firefox ESR 52.x builds that are pre-Quantum so that all addons continue to work until ESR support runs out later this year.

I think you may be right about Greasemonkey not working though as it looks different and seems to be missing UI elements. I'll look into Tampermonkey, thanks!
skeletonbow: Yes, I still have Greasemonkey. I'm not using the current version of mainstream Firefox however (58 or 59 or whatever is current) but rather the Firefox ESR 52.x builds that are pre-Quantum so that all addons continue to work until ESR support runs out later this year.

I think you may be right about Greasemonkey not working though as it looks different and seems to be missing UI elements. I'll look into Tampermonkey, thanks!
Not sure how things have worked... Greasemonkey may have updated to a newer version automatically that is compatible with the Firefox changes.

If you're not on the new Firefox Tampermonkey probably won't work, but if you can roll back to an older version of Greasemonkey that might do the trick.
adaliabooks: [...] If you're not on the new Firefox Tampermonkey probably won't work, but if you can roll back to an older version of Greasemonkey that might do the trick.
Greasemonkey v3.17 on Firefox 52.7.3 ESR works like a charm for BE and AF.
And should still be available for download.
Barefoot_Monkey called to the rescue.

Requesting a couple of fixes after profiles were introduced.

First one, the link and count to forum replies has vanished from the account drop-down menu in the nav-bar. Could you please restore it?
It has moved under the Community tab, but I'd rather have it back with all the other ones, if possible.

There's a new notification for the Acitvity Feed feature in the form of a purple dot that is blinking everytime something new appears on one's feed. Could we please have an option to disable it completely?

Cheers in advance.