It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Barefoot_Monkey: Thanks for letting me know. It was a quick thing to fix once pointed out.

Version 2.23.3 is up with a fix for the overlay bug that adambiser reported, as well as the ability to hide the official notification icons that I promised a couple of weeks ago.

It's late now, so the update is for GreaseMonkey only. I'll most likely be able to update Chrome tomorrow.
Cheers a bunch, and one question - does the update also stop the tab-titles flashing when the notification icons are hidden? If yes, would it be at all possible to stop that without hiding them?
HypersomniacLive: Cheers a bunch, and one question - does the update also stop the tab-titles flashing when the notification icons are hidden? If yes, would it be at all possible to stop that without hiding them?
Sorry, hiding the icons shouldn't have any effect on the tabs.
Barefoot_Monkey: Sorry, hiding the icons shouldn't have any effect on the tabs.
That's a bummer, but thanks for the update all the same.
My wish came true . Thanks .
Looks like chat notifications from BE aren't always clearing. I've checked several people on my chat list a few different times, and it has been awhile since I got any chat messages.
Attachments:
example.gif (53 Kb)
Okay guys, I have FireFox 57 now (Developer Edition), so GreaseMonkey won't work for me anymore. The native Chrome version of BE should be written in WebExtensions, correct? If so, I should be able to use it in Firefox now, without using TamperMonkey (yes, there's a Firefox version of TamperMonkey available now, which I wasn't aware of until now, it's here if anyone is curious).

How can I install the native (WE) version of BE, or is there a TamperMonkey script I can use?

[edit] Hah, brainfart. I just used the GreaseMonkey script with TamperMonkey. Forgot I could do that. Anyway, I'm hoping that now you can just upload the Chrome version straight to the Firefox Add-on store (or whatever its called) if its WebExtensions.
Post edited September 20, 2017 by vulchor
Whatever it was that happened yesterday seems to have cleared up.
HypersomniacLive: Cheers a bunch, and one question - does the update also stop the tab-titles flashing when the notification icons are hidden? If yes, would it be at all possible to stop that without hiding them?
Do you intend to add that later? Or is there any simple way I could do it in a little Greasemonkey script myself?
eiii: Do you intend to add that later? Or is there any simple way I could do it in a little Greasemonkey script myself?
I've had a good look at it and unfortunately I'm not sure there is... The only way would be to clear the notifications completely (which would presumably affect Barefoot's custom notifications too).

I tried all sorts but as there is obviously some kind of update going on it just over rides whatever settings I tried to force on it...
adaliabooks: I've had a good look at it and unfortunately I'm not sure there is... The only way would be to clear the notifications completely (which would presumably affect Barefoot's custom notifications too).

I tried all sorts but as there is obviously some kind of update going on it just over rides whatever settings I tried to force on it...
That doesn't sound good. Thanks for looking at it!

Does anybody know if there's a way to prevent Firefox from updating the places database with the page titles all the time? The blinking title only annoys me. What really bothers me is that the title changes cause Firefox to stress my disk for hours when I'm not there to clear the notification.
adaliabooks: The only way would be to clear the notifications completely (which would presumably affect Barefoot's custom notifications too).
On a second thought, as GOG does not provide notifications for updated games anyway, this would be a viable solution until a better fix for that nonsense is available. At least it would be better than having to log out or to suspend the browser every time I leave the PC.

How complicated would that be?
eiii: On a second thought, as GOG does not provide notifications for updated games anyway, this would be a viable solution until a better fix for that nonsense is available. At least it would be better than having to log out or to suspend the browser every time I leave the PC.

How complicated would that be?
I'd have to have another look at it with your requirements in mind... what you need is to disable them completely when your away from your laptop, which means doing so every time you reload a page isn't going to help.

I'm away for a couple of days and won't have a chance to look but I'll do it as soon as I have a chance :)
adaliabooks: I'm away for a couple of days
Sunday to Tuesday perchance?
adaliabooks: I'm away for a couple of days
JMich: Sunday to Tuesday perchance?
Haha, no unfortunately not...
I'm off down to London for a gig tomorrow and working over the weekend.
adaliabooks: I'd have to have another look at it with your requirements in mind... what you need is to disable them completely when your away from your laptop, which means doing so every time you reload a page isn't going to help.
As HypersomniacLive and I are the only ones so far which are interested in disabling these title changes, I don't want to cause to much work on it. A code snippet which I could put into a Greasemonley script, which permanently would clear GOG's notifications automatically, would be good enough for me. I even could disable that script temporarily when I would like to have the notifications back.