It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

EDIT: GOG is acting up :P
Post edited April 21, 2017 by te_lanus
Barefoot_Monkey: Well, when you press the submit button or Ctrl+Enter the script sends an asynchronous request to GOG's server which adds your post to the topic, and when the request is completed successfully it loads the last page of the topic so that you can see what you just wrote.

However, it was possible to submit multiple times before that asynchronous request has finished, resulting in double-posts. All I needed to do was not allow any more posts to be submitted until the previous request has finished. [...]
I too thought the same as adaliabooks, but if I understand you correctly, this addresses the 'first post on new page not showing" bug. Which is also very welcome.

Barefoot_Monkey: I'd love to figure out how to prevent consecutive posts from merging :)
While not a solution to the auto-merging behaviour, perhaps there is a way to prevent one from posting again within the 10min window, and display a message to that effect? Or perhaps just display a warning message when clicking the "submit quick post" button? Such a feature would be optional, of course, and probably turned off most of the time, but could prove pretty useful when partaking in a mafia game.

Barefoot_Monkey: [...] You can already disable it from the "Misc" page in the options.
Duh, and to think that I even looked for the option before posting... ageing comes with all sorts of perks.
I am missing some of the functionality from this script. My name isn't displayed in lieu of the word account, I have no GOG connect notification. I reinstalled firefox 53 (64bit) from scratch to remedy another error with Adalia Fundamentals, But this wasn't fixed. :( I'm on Windows 10, BTW. Any helpful hints?

EDIT: Problem exists only in Firefox 53. I had Firefox 52 on my work PC (Win7) with no issues, now after upgrading to 53 I have the same problem there. I do not use the scripts in Chrome. 32 bit and 64 bit make no difference.

EDIT 2: Seems to be a conflict with Tabmix Plus. Actually, it's a conflict with any add ons that modify tab behavior.
Post edited April 26, 2017 by paladin181
paladin181: I am missing some of the functionality from this script. My name isn't displayed in lieu of the word account, I have no GOG connect notification. I reinstalled firefox 53 (64bit) from scratch to remedy another error with Adalia Fundamentals, But this wasn't fixed. :( I'm on Windows 10, BTW. Any helpful hints?

EDIT: Problem exists only in Firefox 53. I had Firefox 52 on my work PC (Win7) with no issues, now after upgrading to 53 I have the same problem there. I do not use the scripts in Chrome. 32 bit and 64 bit make no difference.

EDIT 2: Seems to be a conflict with Tabmix Plus. Actually, it's a conflict with any add ons that modify tab behavior.
Interesting... thanks for figuring out how to reproduce the problem. Tonight I'll try installing Tabmix Plus and see if I get the same problem, then I'll be able to figure out how to avoid it.

I would have done so last night, but unfortunately there was a power failure. Hope there's still time before Connect ends because I was working on an upgrade to that feature when the electricity went.
Barefoot_Monkey: Interesting... thanks for figuring out how to reproduce the problem. Tonight I'll try installing Tabmix Plus and see if I get the same problem, then I'll be able to figure out how to avoid it.

I would have done so last night, but unfortunately there was a power failure. Hope there's still time before Connect ends because I was working on an upgrade to that feature when the electricity went.
I appreciate it, but you don't need to accommodate me. I'm just glad I could isolate the problem.
I really hate the look of the GOG start site after the change they did today. Any way to get back to the earlier look?
yeah, i don't like the new look either.
Would be really nice to be able to get back the old look.
high rated
Version 2.15 has been released.

This version adds a way to dismiss the "GOG Connect" alert until new games are added.

It also addresses a compatibility issue that paladin181 found, apparently affecting only the latest version of Firefox (version 53).

While deploying this update GOG went and changed the navigation bar on the website. This change doesn't break too much of Barefoot Essentials's functionality, but it does mean you can't access the settings screen through the account anymore. I'll add compatibility with the new navigation bar in the next update, hopefully later today or tomorrow.

GreaseMonkey users should be receiving the update around now. I'm testing the Chrome extension, after which I'll send an update to the Google Play store too.
Post edited April 26, 2017 by Barefoot_Monkey
Version 2.15 is now up for users of the Google Chrome extension too. Updates should arrive shortly. Now I can start working on the new nav bar.
Thanks for your continued effort, Barefoot_Monkey. Much appreciated.
Just wanted to ask, if you can do something about moving the new menu bar. Or getting rid of this small purple coloured stripe above the black menu bar. Because I like the new design, but this small space thing in between is really irritating o.O
MarkoH01: I really hate the look of the GOG start site after the change they did today. Any way to get back to the earlier look?
This!

And a big thank you to Barefoot_Monkey for all your work in making GOG look and work just so much better :)
Post edited April 26, 2017 by Pajama
moonshineshadow: Just wanted to ask, if you can do something about moving the new menu bar. Or getting rid of this small purple coloured stripe above the black menu bar. Because I like the new design, but this small space thing in between is really irritating o.O
Ja Nee Swaer, that Purple Bar is irritating
high rated
Version 2.16 is released. The "Essentials" link in the account menu is restored and all the features to customise the old navigation bar have been removed as they don't apply to the new navigation bar. With this, Barefoot Essentials is now compatible with GOG's recent website changes.

In the next few days I'll be adding features to customise the new bar, allowing you to change the logo and colours, and get rid of that purple bar if you don't like it.
Barefoot_Monkey: Version 2.16 is released. The "Essentials" link in the account menu is restored and all the features to customise the old navigation bar have been removed as they don't apply to the new navigation bar. With this, Barefoot Essentials is now compatible with GOG's recent website changes.

In the next few days I'll be adding features to customise the new bar, allowing you to change the logo and colours, and get rid of that purple bar if you don't like it.
Thank you :)