It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Barefoot_Monkey: [...] GOG didn't actually make any changes - it seems that I just had never tested the promo discount feature while I had something in my cart.
Aha! Now that you mentioned it, I did have something in my cart when I noticed it. Surprised no one noticed before. Thanks a bunch!
okay, here is potentially a big one. Huge.

The front page. Is there a way of having everything above the headlines section collapse?

The headlines (and the Navigation bar) are the only reason I ever go to the front page. I'm sure I am not the only person who is irritated by the fact that the headlines are not at the head of the page. While scrolling past all the fud above is not exactly a gargantuan endeavor, its still one of those small quality of life things that I think will be greatly appreciated by many.

Failing that, is there a way of at least jumping automatically to the headlines? I tried https://www.gog.com/headlines , but all that does is tear a whole in space and upset a gogbear. No seriously. click it. Its... amusing. Not for the gogbear tho, so be sure to give him a hug after.

Bonus cookie if the static "GOG.COM: ALL THAT IS GOOD IN GAMING" ad banner can be nuked from orbit, making the headlines and the calalog tabs symmetrical as they should be /CDO

[ edit ]
GOG messed up my tags by automatically duplicating them. For my convenience. Obviously.
Post edited November 14, 2016 by HeDanny
@Barefoot_Monkey: Would you mind adding a link to GOG Connect in the user menu? I keep forgetting to check for new games, and GOG seems to be allergic to giving us a persistent link or notifications or anything...

...And, while I'm wishing, a notification for available, unredeemed games would be great. :D Perhaps check once on login, save the result, then update it on a slow timer? 1-4hrs or so?

Just having the link by itself would be great for now, though. ;)
HeDanny: Failing that, is there a way of at least jumping automatically to the headlines? I tried https://www.gog.com/headlines , but all that does is tear a whole in space and upset a gogbear. No seriously. click it. Its... amusing. Not for the gogbear tho, so be sure to give him a hug after.
In the long term, you may want to take advantage of the GOG syndication feed:

https://www.gog.com/news/feed

Even if you're not already using an RSS/Atom reader, and don't want one, there are quite a lot of widgets and apps out there that will take one or several syndication feeds and display tickers, send emails or desktop notifications, and so forth. I use this method to keep up to date with GOG news, sales on GOG / Humble, and so forth.

I would recommend a full-blown feed reader if you've never tried one, though. I use and recommend Newsblur, but there are a lot of free, freemium, and paid web apps, desktop apps, and mobile apps for feed aggregation and reading.

See attached for an example Newsblur layout with GOG in the reading pane.
Attachments:
newsblur.png (27 Kb)
Post edited November 24, 2016 by aloishammer
A fun idea would be the ability to see on your account tags pull down menu the percent of your games you have given a specific tag. For example, I have a "Free" tag for games that GoG wound up giving me and it would be nice to see the percent of my library GoG has just straight up gifted me because they are such swell people.

aloishammer: In the long term, you may want to take advantage of the GOG syndication feed:

https://www.gog.com/news/feed

Even if you're not already using an RSS/Atom reader, and don't want one, there are quite a lot of widgets and apps out there that will take one or several syndication feeds and display tickers, send emails or desktop notifications, and so forth. I use this method to keep up to date with GOG news, sales on GOG / Humble, and so forth.

I would recommend a full-blown feed reader if you've never tried one, though. I use and recommend Newsblur, but there are a lot of free, freemium, and paid web apps, desktop apps, and mobile apps for feed aggregation and reading.

See attached for an example Newsblur layout with GOG in the reading pane.
Most desktop email clients have RSS functionality as well. I use Thunderbird for my Feeds needs (also, email).
Can you update the script to hide already purchased bundles on the front page ? Thank you .
Post edited December 02, 2016 by Painted_Doll
Barefoot_Monkey

Thank you for this great extension!

Can you please consider adding following features:

• Option to make infinite one-page Library. This 100 games per page limit cap is not good at all.

• When we go to filters in the games catalog (like MAC games, Strategy, or Developer, etc.), we always see total GOG games number. 1807 games for the current moment. Is it possible to show there filtered games number? This situation is ridiculous when we go to MAC games and see this 1807 total games for example...

• Add historical lowest discount (in %) on a game page from Magog? (like http://www.enhancedsteam.com/ does for Steam)
Vovchigus: Barefoot_Monkey

Thank you for this great extension!

Can you please consider adding following features:

• Option to make infinite one-page Library. This 100 games per page limit cap is not good at all.

• When we go to filters in the games catalog (like MAC games, Strategy, or Developer, etc.), we always see total GOG games number. 1807 games for the current moment. Is it possible to show there filtered games number? This situation is ridiculous when we go to MAC games and see this 1807 total games for example...

• Add historical lowest discount (in %) on a game page from Magog? (like http://www.enhancedsteam.com/ does for Steam)
Here, my script already does the library stuff.

It shows the filtered numbers on your library (and wishlist, if I remember correctly) but I haven't got around to doing the games catalogue as it was a little trickier.

My script also adds a link to the Magog page for each game on the game page, but it doesn't yet add any of the data straight onto the page.
Vovchigus: • Option to make infinite one-page Library. This 100 games per page limit cap is not good at all.
You can do that with Adalias Script.

https://www.gog.com/forum/general/adalia_fundamentals_fixing_gog_so_you_dont_have_to

[edit] *laugh* No answer for an hour and then I get ninjad.
Post edited December 12, 2016 by moonshineshadow
Just discovered this script during this last sale and the ability to hide owned games from the mosaic was much appreciated.

Painted_Doll: Can you update the script to hide already purchased bundles on the front page ? Thank you .
Or, if even possible, a button or something somewhere to make any particular bundle fade, so you can ignore the ones you just aren't interested in.
adaliabooks: Here, my script already does the library stuff.

It shows the filtered numbers on your library (and wishlist, if I remember correctly) but I haven't got around to doing the games catalogue as it was a little trickier.

My script also adds a link to the Magog page for each game on the game page, but it doesn't yet add any of the data straight onto the page.
This is so awesome! Thank you very much adaliabooks

moonshineshadow: You can do that with Adalias Script.

https://www.gog.com/forum/general/adalia_fundamentals_fixing_gog_so_you_dont_have_to

[edit] *laugh* No answer for an hour and then I get ninjad.
moonshineshadow thanks for your help. This Adalias Script is a pure gem.
I'd like to express my thanks once again for Barefoot Essentials. I was just perusing the forums, noticed something that kind of irritated me a bit, thought to myself "hmm, that seems like something that would be a nice addition to either Barefoot or Adalia", pondered dropping in here to offer a suggestion and then thought..... hey, wait a minute... I should check all of the options first in case it already does that and I just never noticed before...

<checks options>

Oh look, it already does that! <CLICK> Problem solved! So, a big thanks for that Barefoot_Monkey! :)

(In case anyone was wondering what the feature was, it was disabling the auto-declutter feature the forums has, I prefer to have everything show always rather than on-hover. Clutter is good. More is more, and less is less, less is not more. :) )
Holy crap, this extension is amazing. I can't believe I never knew of this. It changes many of the things that annoys me about the front page.

Thanks OP. You're awesome!
high rated
Jinxtah: Holy crap, this extension is amazing. I can't believe I never knew of this. It changes many of the things that annoys me about the front page.

If you haven't yet, you might want to try out Adalia Fundamentals too. Comes with a ton of features that really enhance the user experience.
Jinxtah: Holy crap, this extension is amazing. I can't believe I never knew of this. It changes many of the things that annoys me about the front page.

HypersomniacLive: If you haven't yet, you might want to try out Adalia Fundamentals too. Comes with a ton of features that really enhance the user experience.
Do they get along with each other, or is it best to use one or the other?