It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Barefoot_Monkey: Version 2.27 is up. Here are the changes:

- New feature: you can now change the official GOG.com user's new avatar back to the old one. Disabled by default, you can enable this in the "forum" section of the settings. Thank you to MarkoH01 for the feature request.
- Improved youtube video embedding: now handles start time correctly.
- New presentation for additional information links on game pages.
- In addition to forum, GOG Wiki and GOG database links, there are now also links to PC Gaming Wiki and Wikipedia. Thank you to benpo for suggesting PC Gaming Wiki.
Thanks for the update! Is there any way to use the icon that has a black background and white lettering (favicon v2)?
Post edited July 14, 2018 by finkleroy
Barefoot_Monkey: Version 2.27 is up. Here are the changes:

- New feature: you can now change the official GOG.com user's new avatar back to the old one. Disabled by default, you can enable this in the "forum" section of the settings. Thank you to MarkoH01 for the feature request.
- Improved youtube video embedding: now handles start time correctly.
- New presentation for additional information links on game pages.
- In addition to forum, GOG Wiki and GOG database links, there are now also links to PC Gaming Wiki and Wikipedia. Thank you to benpo for suggesting PC Gaming Wiki.
Thank you so much. I have my usual gog logo back and the other features are also pretty useful. Great work!
I'm using Greasemonkey with the latest version of Firefox, and I've noticed that BE doesn't update itself automatically any more - I have to re-install it each time and change my settings back. On my work computer, which uses Chrome, it updates automatically. Any idea why this could be?
DebbieL: I'm using Greasemonkey with the latest version of Firefox, and I've noticed that BE doesn't update itself automatically any more - I have to re-install it each time and change my settings back. On my work computer, which uses Chrome, it updates automatically. Any idea why this could be?
If you can get it to work at all with Greasemonkey on the latest Firefox you're already doing better than most people... I'd recommend changing to Tampermonkey to see if that helps at all.
DebbieL: I'm using Greasemonkey with the latest version of Firefox, and I've noticed that BE doesn't update itself automatically any more - I have to re-install it each time and change my settings back. On my work computer, which uses Chrome, it updates automatically. Any idea why this could be?
Did you try to force the updates manually in Greasemonkey?
Post edited July 14, 2018 by MarkoH01
Yeah, I've been doing the updates manually. I'll try Tampermonkey and see if that works any better.
benpo: If I can make a suggestion for the next update, I would love to have a link to the pcgamingwiki.com page of the game (...)
Barefoot_Monkey: Thanks. Sure, I can add a pcgamingwiki link.
Thank you benpo for this suggestion and, of course, Barefoot_Monkey for all your work!

Can I make a suggestion? I was wondering if it's possible to add manual sorting of favourite topics. I think it would make navigating around the forum slightly easier :)
Barefoot_Monkey:
Can you please consider adding an option "Hide trademark and copyright symbols in game titles" like Enhanced Steam has?
So games like "Indiana Jones® and the Fate of Atlantis™" will look normal again :-)
adaliabooks: If you can get it to work at all with Greasemonkey on the latest Firefox you're already doing better than most people... I'd recommend changing to Tampermonkey to see if that helps at all.
MarkoH01: Did you try to force the updates manually in Greasemonkey?
I'm not sure it's an issue of latest Firefox and Greasemonkey. I've got all my addons/script set to manual update, and repeatedly doing one for BE on Firefox 52.8.1 ESR and Greasemonkey 3.17 netted me nothing. I had to go and manually install it from the Greasy Fork site.

Looks like it's time to move on to Tampermonkey even on that version of Firefox.

Barefoot_Monkey: Version 2.27 is up. [...]
Cheers for the update, as usual.

But see above. Could you, please, check if updates still work on Firefox 52.8.1 ESR and Greasemonkey 3.17?
Post edited July 16, 2018 by HypersomniacLive
MarkoH01: Did you try to force the updates manually in Greasemonkey?
HypersomniacLive: I'm not sure it's an issue of latest Firefox and Greasemonkey. I've got all my addons/script set to manual update, and repeatedly doing one for BE on Firefox 52.8.1 ESR and Greasemonkey 3.17 netted me nothing. I had to go and manually install it from the Greasy Fork site.

Looks like it's time to move on to Tampermonkey even on that version of Firefox.
Firefox ESR 52.6 and Greasemonkey 3.17 still worked for me. Forced the update for the lates BE without problems.
Did not try on an actual Firefox ESR version yet - maybe that is the problem?
Post edited July 16, 2018 by MarkoH01
MarkoH01: Firefox ESR 52.6 and Greasemonkey 3.17 still worked for me. Forced the update for the lates BE without problems.
Did not try on an actual Firefox ESR version yet - maybe that is the problem?
Actual as in latest version? I'm on 52.8.1 since it came out (early June), and a manual update always picked up the available BE update, it's just the latest one that didn't show up. Strange.
For the better part of a day, the dropdown menu with my name on it disappeared when accessing the forum, but it was fine when accessing my library or the main page. That issue has been fixed, but now the most recent post in all threads runs off the screen below, so I can't read them without clicking the "reply" button and reading what's quoted. The "new post" button is way down at the bottom of the page, as well. I've never seen this issue before, and I've been running Barefoot Essentials and Adalia Fundamentals with Tampermonkey in Chrome for the longest time. It's probably an issue of breaking something in the process of fixing something else. Does anyone know what's causing this, and if it has anything to do with either of the user scripts?
I disabled Barefoot Essentials and everything looks fine again.
It seems that GOG's best men are working hard to (un)-fix the forums.
Same problem here; only disabling BE fixes it. :(
high rated
You don't have to disable BE completely - just open the BE menu, go to the Bugfixes tab, and untick the last one. Refresh, and all's back to normal.

Barefoot_Monkey: Version 2.27 is up. [...]
See above.