It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

With our RPG Month still going strong, we have another surprise for you in the form of an RPG Contest! This time we want you to think about a video game skill you would like to have in real life and explain why.

The best answers will win 1 of 15 game bundles, including 9 titles such as Windbound, Tyranny, Disco Elysium and more!

You have time to enter the contest until September 30th, 3 PM UTC.
In the spirit of adventures and RPG games, the ability to loot whatever items in random locations without ever facing any consequences, such as being accused of theft.
I would love to have the high speech skills in most rpgs, why can't I ever think of the exact right thing to say at all times.
Honestly, just being able to do something mindlessly over and over again and automatically become better at it. We practice repetition in the military to build muscle memory but if you suck at something, repetition isn't always going to resolve that - especially if you just brainlessly do it over and over again.

I've probably cooked instant ramen 5000 times in my life and it still tastes the same. It'd be great if I could go through the same steps but instead of cheap ramen being the end result, I somehow have a 10-course meal worthy of every Michellin Star out there... all in 5 minutes and only needing to boil some water.

*chefs kiss*
GOG.com: With our RPG Month still going strong, we have another surprise for you in the form of an RPG Contest! This time we want you to think about a video game skill you would like to have in real life and explain why.

The best answers will win 1 of 15 game bundles, including 9 titles such as Windbound, Tyranny, Disco Elysium and more!

Personally I think Invincibility is a simple but big winner for real life abilities. I got it all worked out, come see Dabura911! the man who can take a bullet to the chest, survive being struck by a train and literally walk into the lions den with not a scratch on him!
My life and future in regards to money would be solved, I can conduct these feats easily with temporary invincibility and rake in all the monies so I can live and continue to help our the community :)
GOG.com: With our RPG Month still going strong, we have another surprise for you in the form of an RPG Contest! This time we want you to think about a video game skill you would like to have in real life and explain why.

Double-jumping. Just imagining the physical sensations of doing that is already exhilarating. It is something that you can fully experience without disorientation or "things being a blur"

Thanks for the contest!
I know it's not really a skill, but I would love to have a magic map that could take me to magical lands, like in King's Quest VI

I would love to be able to carry hundreds and hundreds of wheels of cheese around at all times without it being noticeable and then also be able to cure any kind of health issue (including: poisoning, stabbing, attack by dragon, near death by blunt force trauma, broken heart, arrows to both knees etc) by eating some of said cheese wheels.
I would like to have the abilities of VIRGIL from DEVIL MAY CRY or
the abilities of BATMAN from BATMAN ARKHAM series
Who wouldn't want to get a hold of the "Ocarina of Time" with its whimsical melodies? One musical instrument that would have the capability to solve your many contemporary and real-life quandaries. To alter time and teleport to various destinations? To command the weather and why not bring you a charming horse in front of your house? Nonetheless, I am assuming I can only choose one melody from all the mystical and enchanting tunes, which would be "The Song of Healing ( You know, from Majoras mask!) How many of us have seen our beloved ones suffer not only in their physical health but with their mental health. One of the things that the current pandemic taught us is how valuable our health is. With the Ocarina of time, I would have the power to help individuals and become a real-time modern hero. ( Beware Link!)
In the meantime, as wishes like these are pretty rare in real life, I will have to grab my books and get back to my studies!
Princess Zelda, where are you?
I would enjoy having the maxed out 10 luck skill from Fallout:New Vegas. It wouldn't change everything about my life but I just think that having a high luck stat sounds like a nice way to make my life a little smoother.
I would like to have Geralt of Rivia's ability to rest, meditate and heal. When I was younger i would have probably chosen some destructive blow or more likely a debilitating spell. As I grow older and I have become less able to do a lot of the things I used to do, I have realized that the ability to heal yourself and become whole again is more powerful than all of the destructive forces you can unleash.
I would like the skill of never having to sleep or age, as that would allow me to live forever and always be at peak performance.
Post edited September 28, 2021 by MetallicMonk
I feel that games have a lot to offer. From not having to eat, sleep, not age, instantly knowing when you level up or reach maximum level. Having the ability to fast travel to any place you already visited, knowing your position and orientation in a map, having a health bars for you and everyone around.
But the most important thing for me would be the possibility for save states. Having the option of saving a state before you do something stupid, dangerous or plainly life threatening could allow you to live a life to your fullest.
Teleportation. Makings for the perfect bank robber, heh.
I would like the sound effects and various flashy visuals that come along when you level up or finish a quest. I like some recognition and fanfare in my life. Let everyone around me know I accomplished something, may even get to stand in some hero wind.