It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

With our RPG Month still going strong, we have another surprise for you in the form of an RPG Contest! This time we want you to think about a video game skill you would like to have in real life and explain why.

The best answers will win 1 of 15 game bundles, including 9 titles such as Windbound, Tyranny, Disco Elysium and more!

You have time to enter the contest until September 30th, 3 PM UTC.
If I could learn one skill from RPG worlds, it would definitely be alchemy.

I was thinking about the form of alchemy featured in the Elder Scrolls game series. The skill would make it possible to create countless new medicines. More important, I could be able to share this skill with other people. This would lead to the creation of a separate field of science called alchemy. People would learn it in college, and after training, they would experiment and compete with each other, creating more and more effective potions. Alchemy could even be used in a power plant thanks to electricity damage and resistance to electricity.

It would also lead to some downsides. People could use alchemy to create dangerous drugs and undetectable doping substances. Alchemy would also find its use in the military, allowing the creation of real super soldiers, combining technology with magic contained in potions.

Alchemy would give hope for a better world. Potions could replace alcohol, cigarettes and drugs. Doping substances could become safe, without side effects, and allow the emergence of special sports based on doping, they would be very spectacular. That could solve the energy problem in the world. It would probably also be possible to mass-produce food in a cheaper and healthier way.

In the end, the world won't change much as alchemy spreads. While this would lead to many improvements in life, new perspectives, and a solution to today's problems, bad people would lead to much worse and more terrible results.

Would I like to live in a world where at the same time there is a cure for cancer, we live in harmony with nature and in technological prosperity, but the order could be shaken by anyone with bad intentions? Yes, because assuming that one day people would act out of pure goodness, the world would be more beautiful than it can be without alchemy.
I would be happy to get a few talent or skill points and quickly learn major skills just by reading a scroll
To respawn because dying sucks
I would like to have Libra in the FF series.
It would come in very handy during interviews because I can analyse recruiters' weaknesses/favourites and have a better chance to get the job.
This skill is not obvious and therefore will not attract attention from people around me.
I want to continue to use the skills as long as I can without being detected.
Teleportation would be my skill of choice. No more being late for work, or waiting in traffic. Think how much time would be saved in a day, to be used for other things like family, or just more gaming time. Need some vitamin D? How about a 30 minute rest on a tropical Island during your lunch break. Suddenly have the urge to go to the toilet? Boom, done! Forgot an important item on your camping trip? Just zoom back home and grab what you need. Teleportation would make life so much easier.
Camouflage from Jagged Alliance 2.... 100% like Shadow and finally can play pc games at work safe :)
I'd love to have the souper pooper power from There's Poop In My Soup, because who wouldn't want that kind of power?!
I'd open a restaurant at the bottom of a tall building and invite all my enemies to lunch.
I've been playing Into the Breach and the ability to roll back time when you made a mistake would be supreme. Use it to reverse social gaffes. Use it to bluff your way into secure facilities. Use it to rule the world.
GOG.com: With our RPG Month still going strong, we have another surprise for you in the form of an RPG Contest! This time we want you to think about a video game skill you would like to have in real life and explain why.

The best answers will win 1 of 15 game bundles, including 9 titles such as Windbound, Tyranny, Disco Elysium and more!

More times than I care to think about I would've loved to have the ability to roll time back, even just a few seconds, ala Braid. Take back that unfortunate failed pun (depending, sometimes those are best puns), or maybe don't bet on that roll of the dice. Or just give it another go so that you can say/do something a little better / faster.

Failing that, Teleportation from just about any and every game that has it. To bound across visible distance in an instant would make rush-hour traffic a non-concern (assuming you have really certain control over where you will land - no blinking 1/2 way through walls and such... ow...).
I absolutely would want time control, for any number of reasons. Need to sleep in? No problem, just pause everything for a while! Make a bad play in a game? Back up a few seconds and fix it! Have an extra boring meeting that you won't be participating in otherwise but have to sit through? Fast forward until it's over!
If I could have any rpg skill it would have to be the automatic journal: I would happily carry a book that is bound to me and me alone of the encounters I had and who people are as I discover more about them. I have M.S and the hardest thing about this disability is trying to remember things I never had a good memory but if I could just remember my family their likes and dislikes, their NAMES I would be so happy. An automatic journal of my discoveries would also of course mean either my hand writing would get much better or I just wouldn't have to write down a million different doctors names occupation and number down. Ultimately having a journal that automatically recorded everything for me would ease my worries.
if spell is counted as skill and no requirement for it then wish spell from ADOM is the one. Is there any need for reason to want unlimited wishes :D

keywords: archmage and ADOM.
Obviously the quick save/load feature. I'd be able to make the best of every aspect of myself and navigate through an entire lifetime on a whole other level.
GOG.com: With our RPG Month still going strong, we have another surprise for you in the form of an RPG Contest! This time we want you to think about a video game skill you would like to have in real life and explain why.

I would love a safe game and a load game.
It will make life so easy.
I want to be the richest person in the world. The best way to do that is to offer a service that everyone needs--cure magic. I would also need teleportation to go from patient to patient as quickly as possible.