It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

With our RPG Month still going strong, we have another surprise for you in the form of an RPG Contest! This time we want you to think about a video game skill you would like to have in real life and explain why.

The best answers will win 1 of 15 game bundles, including 9 titles such as Windbound, Tyranny, Disco Elysium and more!

You have time to enter the contest until September 30th, 3 PM UTC.
Regenerative health - because at my age, I really REALLY need it.
I would want the HUD from RPGs. being able to see levels for your health, hunger, energy, etc. would help with taking care of yourself, but also getting information about objects would be super nice. Like how much energy a meal would give, or what something's purpose is without having to google it, or even a brief description about a book or movie just by looking at it. Magic and stuff would all be nice, but having the information that a HUD provides in games would put anyone in a good position to better understand the world
GOG.com: With our RPG Month still going strong, we have another surprise for you in the form of an RPG Contest! This time we want you to think about a video game skill you would like to have in real life and explain why.

The best answers will win 1 of 15 game bundles, including 9 titles such as Windbound, Tyranny, Disco Elysium and more!

You have time to enter the contest until September 30th, 3 PM UTC.
Ability to fast travel. Imagine going to a hub (like airport, railway or bus station) and paying, then waking up at the destination. No tickets, luggage checkin, security scan and stuff.
Well fast travel would be pretty cool, it would save time, and assumingly environmentally kind on the planet.
The skill I'd like would be wall climbing from Assassin's Creed. Go anywhere, traverse anything, with an infinite amount of strength and stamina? Sure!
Oh, to be able to save-scum in real life...

If we're talking in-character mechanics, though, I'd love to have the classic video game biological needs. No sleep, no bathroom, no food or drink (unless you touch a piece of fruit to heal your health bar).
If I could get any skill from any video game I wanted, it would have to be a bag of inifinity (endless space for stuff to put into it and take out), it would make it easier to carry all the items I would love to always bring with me such as my yarn and needles, books, medication (long stays away), food, and more.

And if that was NOT an option then I would go with an alchemists ability to create things out of other items would be amazing, remedies to heal and poison at the tips of a finger.
I'd like to be able to travel on a moving red line, the same way Indiana Jones does in Graphic Adventures.
It's fast, probably cheap and it takes you anywhere in the planet in seconds
Post edited September 27, 2021 by fertzus
Being able to create virtual dummies of myself, so that if I get catched in a boring conversation I can just sneak out and leave my dummy hologram staying there.
You know how in video games you can ressurect your fallen comrades? I would like that, so one could bring back loved ones that passed away. Just don't mistake this skill with necromancy - we don't want to bring back those kinds of dead.
As a health care professional, I would love to be able to use a 'heal' or 'cure wounds' type of skill. Being able to instantaneously alleviate another person's suffering would improve our world more than any amount of superhuman strength or speed ever could.
Time Travel. You could start off trying to fix little things and if that works out, move up to bigger things and see if you can prove the movies wrong about it screwing things up.
Well i would like the charisma perk, where NPC like you and you get done what you want from them.
Having that perk in real Life would let me talk with anyone i want and then get everything for free! also well talking with girls would be like better than bradd pitt, if you know what i mean ;) best Skill ever!
I know it's "cliché" but I would like to have the power to influence the mind to stop world conflicts.
GOG.com: This time we want you to think about a video game skill you would like to have in real life and explain why.
My, oh my, so many good options to choose from. One of my favorite aspects of video games is exploration - seeing the 'fog' disappear from a world map as more is revealed, discovering secrets, and the like. Leaving the global pandemic aside for the moment, I would love to travel all over and see the many wondrous sights our own world has to offer, and of course meet folks from all around - so my mind went immediately to teleportation or other fast travel.

Now, being a bit of an optimizer, why should I settle for fast travel, if there's a magic system in place that could provide that as well as other abilities? So I fall back to the magic system of the Ultima series. In Ultima V, for instance, you could use magic to travel to the various moon gates scattered across the land, as well as do a lot of other useful things like unlock doors, heal the injured, protect yourselves, and of course fight nasty monsters. And while you could uproot the stones that control the gates, then plant them anywhere in the world, there are still only eight of them - and limitations are a good thing because they force you to prioritize what you want. Collecting or purchasing a few rare herbs to power my spells is a small price to pay for seeing the world in my own lifetime. :) (And maybe I can figure out how to enchant my own magic carpet...)
Post edited September 27, 2021 by ailurodragon