It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

With our RPG Month still going strong, we have another surprise for you in the form of an RPG Contest! This time we want you to think about a video game skill you would like to have in real life and explain why.

The best answers will win 1 of 15 game bundles, including 9 titles such as Windbound, Tyranny, Disco Elysium and more!

You have time to enter the contest until September 30th, 3 PM UTC.
Thank you for the contest.

I would like to be able to use a hot spot indicator in real life. That way I would be able to easily find objects that I will need along the way, people that have something interesting to tell me, and the doors and possibly paths that might lead me to wherever I need to go.
I would love to have a magical skill from Skyrim:

The ability to place a basket over a merchant’s head to avoid detection. In Skyrim, this skill allows J’Zahn (a Khajiit rogue) to steal a cheese wheel from each store in Skyrim. Unfortunately, a sense of morality prevents me from being able to mimic the behaviour of my video game counterpart in real life.
It would be great to have the ability to go back in time, even just a few minutes, in the same way as in the Prince of Persia series. All the little problems and mistakes would be over:
Have you tripped on the street? Go back and watch where you step!
Have you bet that you would score a basket throwing from a distance? Go back and try again (and again, and again, and again)!
Does your girl frown at the answer you just gave her? Go back and see if you get it right by saying something else!
It's perfect!
Y'know what I'd like? RL dialogue trees. The ability to see every permutation of a conversation, choose which branch to head down, back up, retry options, would make quite a lot of my life much simpler.
Definitely save-load :) That would be great IRL.
The skill I would like is the knowledge contained in a book just by opening it.
In games you just click a book/scroll/whatever and regardless if the player actualy reads the contents, the game protagonist already know everything.
That is definitely the one I'd like. Just open a jiu jitsu book on the first page and *BAM* I know jiu jitsu! :P
Post edited September 27, 2021 by Kain_V
I'm not too demanding. I'd only want the "skill" of having an inventory on me.
Got some food? Got it.
Got money? Got it.
Got a change of clothes? Got six!
Got 17 spoons, 3 chairs, a table and a porcelain set you ended up looting in your friends house? You betcha!
The ability to cum liters to assert dominance.
Time travel. To fix things in the past. Like in "Life is Strange" or in "Sands of Time" - with the big hourglass for the ability to go back as far as one wants.

Then I would go back in time, use my knowledge of then future events to get rich, then use that money to buy GOG, once it goes public and then I could save GOG from the awful fate that has befallen it: turning into a DRM-selling, inferior Steam copy. With me holding the majority, GOG would remain DRM-free forever.
If there is any skill that lets me hook my brain to a computer and automate my work this way, that's what I want. Let my hands rest. Let the translations flow directly from my brain as the translation engine without me having to think too much about them.
Fast travel. Get to any location without the wait. Shwoop, and be there.

It's a fairly simple thing, but it'd cut down on greenhouse emissions so much.
The Teleportation skill of Divinity: Original Sin that allows you to move objects without lifting a finger and drop them in places where noone expected them, because, seriously, who wouldn't like to try this at home? ;)
Carry anything anywhere.
I would love to be able to use exploding corpse from divinity 2 and make my friends funerals one hell of a firework show
Honestly, I'd just like a status screen to know when I'm going to level up next.