It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

LongitudinalThrust: I think they may have put Holy Diver in an awful block in previous AGDQ as well. I don't blame them if they did (it's a weird game full of an odd mix of religous imagery and heavy metal references), but it's actually a pretty decent game. Unfortunately it's not just NES hard, it's mind numbingly hard and that puts it out of my league.
At first, I half-expected an obscure bible-themed diving game, but was pleasantly surprised by the neat music and Castlevania-feel of it. Then with the one donation comment mentioning Dio, it finally dawned on me what the devs had in mind with this, haha.

OldFatGuy: Thanks for the link. I tried to watch... but I didn't have the patience for all of that farming. I got past 5 minutes and he's still at the opening town farming for certain items. If he still beats 35 minutes the run itself must only be 15 minutes. lol
The farming comes with most Diablo runs I believe, but apart from that - admittedly a bit dull part - it was really entertaining.
Post edited January 14, 2018 by chevkoch
AGDQ 2018 has ended with a donation total of $2,267,217.96, surpassing all Games Done Quick events before it. A bit mindblowing that sum I feel, when you think about the fact that it comes from watching people playing video games fast.

As mentioned by LongitudinalThrust above, you can access the event archive here.

For info on speedrunning, I can recommend the same dedicated Reddit speedrun thread, where in the sidebar you'll find an event tracker, links to resources etc.

Upcoming marathon: European Speedrunner Assembly (February 17-25). Next GDQ will be Summer Games Done Quick, held from June 24 to July 1.

Thanks for coming in here and discussing GDQ a bit :)
Post edited January 14, 2018 by chevkoch
One more thing, I just read this article on a behind-the-scenes look at AGDQ 2018. Lots of interesting details and info.