It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

gamesfreak64: And yes this forum needs a few tweakings
Each time I see the title of this thread I think that yes, an updated forum would rule.
gamesfreak64: yes,,, first page of this topic...

fables22
Bacon of light
GOG.com Team
From Poland
toxicTom: Don't think fables is around anymore. Best guess as a moderator would be Chandra atm.: https://www.gog.com/u/chandra
Yes, chandra is who I contact when I encounter a violation of the forum rules. (I think there might be someone else who handles such things as well, maybe it's Konrad?)
.DV.: Thank you again but the forum seem nice there is no problem with it. It's just that it don't want to let me creat a topic LOL. I don't know what's happen. Then after checking other thread, someone said that we have to buy at least 1 time before to have topic. But it seems really strange it would be the first time that I have to pay to talk in a forum.

Is there a moderator here ?

fables22
Bacon of light
GOG.com Team
From Poland

And yes this forum needs a few tweakings but it is far better then the ones i told you about ....
anyway you could try contact support or just try to send him a PM ( Private Message)
Thank you all very much for your reply. I will may be contact the staff later, if I still can't post a topic. I will wait rep 7 or 8.

fables22
Bacon of light
GOG.com Team
From Poland
toxicTom: Don't think fables is around anymore. Best guess as a moderator would be Chandra atm.: https://www.gog.com/u/chandra
Thank too
Post edited January 31, 2019 by .DV.
Some help for newbi. When you create a topic if you want to disable recaptcha. Just go in the store take what you want which is free and then when you 'bough' it, you will no longer have recaptcha for new threads.
Post edited February 02, 2019 by .DV.
Sorry to ask this but could someone log in my account with my password to see if he can post a topic. Because I still can not post any topic whatever browser or setting it just don't want to work.

So if someone could try for me I it could help me to know if it's a problem with my account or else ?
Post edited February 12, 2019 by .DV.
low rated
Why do moderators lock threads for going off-topic instead of banning the people who take them off-topic in the first place?

It's always, always, ALWAYS, without fail the same select handful of posters.

If you're having trouble weeding out the worst offenders, just check the thread again. Pretty much every single low rated post has zero to contribute to the discussion and is merely there to start shit. Closing a legit thread is getting it upside down: It punishes people who want to actually discuss a topic and rewards the trolls.
Post edited February 15, 2019 by fronzelneekburm
fronzelneekburm: Pretty much every single low rated post has zero to contribute to the discussion
My experience would beg to differ. I had a post where I talked a bit about Final Fantasy 2's mechanics (nothing there that would even be *remotely* political), and the post ended up being "low rated" for some reason.
low rated
It's completly broken, support is absent, mods sleep and when they wake up it's to censore good dudes, and the forum didn't get update for 200 years.

Forum rules are totaly wrong, auto moderation is badly down. What is funny is that when you are rep 1 you can not post links but you can low rate post lol.

Do GOG pay is staff or not ? They even reject games wich are DRM free.

They are not going to increase their reputation like this.
So are we no longer allowed to use four letter words period?

I just got an email warning for using the word "fuck" one time in a post.
I used to only get those for using it several times.

If so, can I get a list of what words I can and can no longer say?
That is a totally serious request.
tinyE: So are we no longer allowed to use four letter words period?

I just got an email warning for using the word "fuck" one time in a post.
I used to only get those for using it several times.

If so, can I get a list of what words I can and can no longer say?
That is a totally serious request.
Yeah, my understanding was that swearing was ok if it wasn't attacking a person/group. I too need a list of what I'm allowed to say as I tend to swear quite freely (but without malice) unless I'm specifically watching myself.
effen in the CAPS with bull's manure sprinkle?

Learn to fucken swear.....
0s4: effen in the CAPS with bull's manure sprinkle?

Learn to fucken swear.....
MY MAN! +1
Yes, hopefully when you spam or insult you get warn and then ban.
I'm happy that the mod do their job.
low rated
dtgreene: Since this was mentioned, I should point out that trans people just don't assault cisgender people in bathrooms; that just doesn't happen. Instead, it is far more likely for a trans person to be the victim of an assault.

In places that have laws specifically allowing trans people to use the correct bathroom, there haven't been any reports (according to the police) of people using said laws to their advantage.

In other words, if you are cisgender, sharing the bathroom with a trans person does not put you at increased risk.
LOL.....wait, you were being serious?

There have been at least a handful of cases where a transgender person has been caught "manipulating themselves" in a shared bathroom because/when a cisgender person was in it as well, or where transgender individuals have assaulted(sexually/etc) cisgender people(or flashed them) in shared bathrooms(victims included MINORS, ffs).

Now MSM won't report on it, but local/independent sites/etc report on the matter, and the records(if not sealed) are available.

(Addition: I hold no ill will to most trans people.....just the ones causing problems and abusing their protected status.)

Tauto: you need to make concessions for fr33kSh0w2012 posts sometimes
Asbeau: With respect, they really don't need to make concessions for anybody.
======================================
This isn't some kind of free-for-all social club or therapy group, it's the discussion forum of a company that sells videogames.
=====================================
I feel like I'm stating the obvious, but some of this community spend so much time here and have invested so much of themselves in this forum that they've forgotten this basic fact.
====================================
This forum is part of GOG's corporate store, and if you can't behave yourself reasonably and appropriately in this part of the shop then you should be doing your online socializing in some other place that better suits your needs.
They don't have to, but pleasing your consumer base(in good/egal ways, and to the right extent) is one of the keys to a thriving business model. That is part of why such laws on site forums exist......to draw in and maintain a userbase/profits from said userbase.
===============================
Since when does what a site/thing is define the only thing such a site/thing can be used for? I have old coffee cans made for holding coffee, which I washed out & now use to hold odds and ends. Yes, the site's main focus should be gaming, but that doesn't mean that should be all it should be about.

Heck, niche sites/thingswith only one/few purposes only serve to make life overly complicated(juggling multiple sites/things to get through life).
=========================
And some have been here so long they develop the classic "my house my rules" mindset some get(example: older/long settled tenants trying to lord over less settled tenants in apt buildings) from time to time. Both are equally bad, imo.
=======================
Sounds fair, but what happens when there is no place that suits said needs? Should you make your own then? What if banks.payment processors/gov'ts don't like your ideas(even if legal) and say no to you anyways? What then?

Imo, free speech laws should be one regulation the net should have(barring threats/viruses spread online, etc).

thomq: That's what the General Discussion forum is for: to keep all the tangents out of the other forums. It's doing perfectly fine doing that by its mere existence.

It's not named the "Discussion forum of Utopia". Though, I guess someone could start a thread for that…
Atlantico: You can't just say "that's what it's for" when it clearly isn't doing that. It's giving trolls and other noisemakers a *platform*.
==============================
Posting things in the Stargunner subforum, no matter how inciting they may be, won't do anything because exactly 2 people will see it. It's way easier to contain nonsense by having everything in subforums.
There's absolutely no need for a General Discussion forum on gog.com *at all*.

It used to work, now it doesn't.
It does, though, for the most part. Also it might be giving trolls a platform, but it also allows good users a place to say whatever is on their minds(within reason) and allows for the spreading of ideas/growing of a community. If I had to choose between this and a twitter/facebook/youtube style censorship platform, i'd pick something like GOG has every time.
It also stifles creativity, talking outside the box(slight offtopic is good from time to time), and community growth. It also funnels everyone along the same ideological/belief system track.
Clearly there is, or you wouldn't be able to post posts like you just did with this one.
Post edited April 09, 2019 by GameRager
low rated
Breja: I enjoy having a place to talk about general game related stuff that doesn't apply to a single game and about totally unrelated stuff here (movies, comics whatever), thank you very much. And since the rules went into effect, while it was a bumpy process and surely we'll run into some difficulties in the future, things got way better, and I really don't have any major issues with the way things are now.
Atlantico: 1. I enjoy it too, that's neither here nor there. The question is how to minimize or even eradicate nonsense on these forums. Extra rules don't solve anything, there will always be sock-puppet accounts, trolls, crazy people etc. etc. and a General Discussion forum gives them a platform.
2. Remove the platform and you remove the problem and yet you keep the core of these forums. The gog.com forums are for the games sold here, nothing else really. This isn't a community to socialize, that's been killed with the new rules and the trolls.
3. The General Discussion forum that existed 5-8 years ago is dead and will never return. Now it's just a troll-whack-a-mole and gog.com even spends money on a community manager. Money that could have been used for something else entirely.
4. It so happens that all subforums are friendly, helpful and of the non-troll variety. Just like always, and they didn't need any rules or community managers, and still don't. This entire venture is made for the ostensible benefit of the General Discussion forum.
5. So the most logical, most simple and most cost effective way to solve this permanently is to follow the example of Steam and simply have no General Discussion forum. Second best alternative is to further segment the General Discussion forum into "Political Discussions" and "General non-political discussions" and further still if needed, e.g. "General Game Related Discussion". Deplatform trolls.
1.a. And moving all discussion into subforums doesn't solve anything either. It just forces trolls to troll in the subforums/PMs instead(basically just hiding the problem/moving it to a different location). A better solution would be to ignore(IRL) trolls and spammers, and report the more problematic ones.
=============
2.a. No, remove the general forum and you just HIDE the problem until it blows up in another subforum(s)(see answer 1.a.) I also respectfully disagree...the site was always(imo) about games and building a community of like-minded gamers(for profit and fellowship between GOG/the userbase...as seen with some of the more helpful/kind staffers).

And yes, this is a place to socialize(even if you don't think so)...with or without trolls.
==============
3.a. Again, we must agree to disagree. The forums has spam issues and trolls, but it is still a nice place to visit(mafia game threads, giveaways by kind souls, movie/game review threads/helpful advice in game specific threads, users answering questions from others, etc). And even if(as you suggested) they moved everything into the subforums they'd still need a manager to police those subforums(maybe even more than one, as there are MANY subforums...which USUALLY get little traffic & are easy to police UNTIL everyone would be moved into them as per your idea).
================
4.a. And that clean talk/non-trolling nature would likely evaporate quickly when people riushed into those sub forums to keep up the community aspect of the site.
===============
5.a. They should go the steam route and squash all freedom of creative discussion? Lol...good one.

The idea to possibly create a subforum for political talk(or a thread or two for just politics(as a containment) night be a good idea, though.

Atlantico: It so happens that all subforums are friendly, helpful and of the non-troll variety.
dtgreene: Unfortunately, as I posted earlier, this is sadly not the case.
The issues you discussed earlier(iirc) were about people arguing about the latest EEs and addons for games with heavy political bias to them. As such, people are justified in arguing about such(within reason). I don't see that as trolling(if done civilly) or as bad as what is done in general from time to time.
Post edited April 09, 2019 by GameRager