It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Lemon_Curry: Indeed, it ought to be in GOG's interest to make all the forum rules easily known and shared.
Linko90: https://support.gog.com/hc/en-us/articles/115001814049-Forum-Code-of-Conduct
Thanks for the link (oh, 90!), and please accept my sincere apologies for making such a hasty and incorrect assumption.
misteryo: Political discussions going down in flames has been a problem on these forums for a while now. And people have different opinions about that. I find it annoying that the threads get so heated. Some people find it annoying that the threads get closed. It has driven some people away from the forum, but it is hard to demonstrate how bad it has been for forum participation.

However, if initialpresence and others are allowed to make GOG's forums a place where white nationalists are allowed to hang out and freely proselytize and argue and propound their views and bring in their links and sources... Then, it will be just a matter of time before that fact gets noticed and passed around the internet like wildfire. And then GOG will have a PR problem that they cannot handle. The forums will get shut down entirely. GOG's reputation will suffer immensely. And their sales will suffer, too.

Even if you believe that even white nationalists deserve a spot on the internet where they are free to publish, this cannot be that place. They will bring GOG down with them.
WELL SAID
Looks like too little too late from my perspective. GOG already has a reputation as a right wing "free-zone" of activity (that is theyre allowed / welcomed here - thanks Gamersgate! -_____-). There are too many numpties out there fed on a diet of the weird corners of youtube, infowars and Breitbart with that in their heads for it to end unless theyre permabanned from posting here.
Consider the fact this place has been used to recruit / turn people to ultra right wing thinking, belief and groups over the last few years, and its a severe issue - one with a knock on effect thats not only relevant to GOGs PR and marketability.

Hell, who ever runs the twitter account seems to just copy paste stuff from 4chan half the time.

GOG should have taken a stand years ago. GOG did not. No offense to the new blue, but you're one sword in a battle thats been raging for a very long time.

Good luck!

*unlitarally flings poo!

**except to the white supremacists and other extremists.

***i ran out of all white dog poo
Post edited September 04, 2018 by Sachys
The sandbox will presumely look nice, tidy, please the local self-coronated 24/7-present elite (not blues) and hopefully benefit the sales. At the price of censorship, guards and whistle blowers ofc. But lets hope it will benefit the sales and will be a pleasant place to stay for those abiding the restrictive rules.

But personally, you can't remove "politics" - its everywhere. Unless you are on the space station, where suddenly everyone becomes a friend. So lets lock ourselves in the capsule and pretend we are children. Amen.
misteryo: Political discussions going down in flames has been a problem on these forums for a while now. And people have different opinions about that. I find it annoying that the threads get so heated.
It goes like this:
1. someone starts the thread.
2. another one counter-arguments.

No, wait, the 2 is different:
2. several people jump in and derail the thread into abyss. And these people do that continuously and deliberately.
3. its already a mess, so this point is already useless.

Its not hard to notice the issue and that issue is not having a different opinion, rather than thread sabotage.
Post edited September 04, 2018 by Lin545
Sachys: Looks like too little too late from my perspective. GOG already has a reputation as a right wing "free-zone" of activity (that is theyre allowed / welcomed here - thanks Gamersgate! -_____-). There are too many numpties out there fed on a diet of the weird corners of youtube, infowars and Breitbart with that in their heads for it to end unless theyre permabanned from posting here.
Consider the fact this place has been used to recruit / turn people to ultra right wing thinking, belief and groups over the last few years, and its a severe issue - one with a knock on effect thats not only relevant to GOGs PR and marketability.

Hell, who ever runs the twitter account seems to just copy paste stuff from 4chan half the time.

GOG should have taken a stand years ago. GOG did not. No offense to the new blue, but you're one sword in a battle thats been raging for a very long time.

Good luck!

*unlitarally flings poo!

I've never used 4Chan in my life. Sorry to disappoint your theory.

As for talking about years ago, I wasn't here years ago. But I am now. As for the 'recruitment' i've seen nothing of the sort so far. I would remind users this rule change affects political threads from either side. Please do not overlook this, or assume wrongly of staff. Neither is welcome or productive.
Post edited September 04, 2018 by Linko90
Sachys: Looks like too little too late from my perspective. GOG already has a reputation as a right wing "free-zone" of activity (that is theyre allowed / welcomed here - thanks Gamersgate! -_____-). There are too many numpties out there fed on a diet of the weird corners of youtube, infowars and Breitbart with that in their heads for it to end unless theyre permabanned from posting here.

Good luck!

*unlitarally flings poo!

Linko90: I've never used 4Chan in my life. Sorry to disappoint your theory.

As for talking about years ago, I wasn't here years ago. But I am now. As for the 'recruitment' i've seen nothing of the sort so far. I would remind users this rule change affects political threads from either side. Please do not overlook this, or assume wrongly of staff. Neither is welcome or productive.
I think you misunderstood him Linko. He said this place "has been used". He was referring to the way it was before you got here when there was virtually none of the moderation that you are providing.

His general point is that, IHO, it may be too late, and as he mentioned, you're just one sword.
Lemon_Curry: Indeed, it ought to be in GOG's interest to make all the forum rules easily known and shared.
Linko90: https://support.gog.com/hc/en-us/articles/115001814049-Forum-Code-of-Conduct
There are still issues with visibility:
* A new user on the forums won't necessarily think to check something that is not a forum link.
* An established user will typically ignore stickies, especially those that have been around for a while, and will not see the new rule as a result.
* Even for established users who happen to check the link, the new rule doesn't stick out in any way, so it's not obvious that something has changed with respect to the rules.
low rated

tinyE: I think you misunderstood him Linko. He said this place "has been used". He was referring to the way it was before you got here when there was virtually none of the moderation that you are providing.

His general point is that, IHO, it may be too late, and as he mentioned, you're just one sword.
Spot on captain... uh... thingummy!
Well, in that case, please rethink a bunch of the "memes" and other things the twitter account posts as a lot of it seems to go against what you've been doing on here of recent. A simple request.

and again, good luck!
dtgreene: There are still issues with visibility:
* A new user on the forums won't necessarily think to check something that is not a forum link.
* An established user will typically ignore stickies, especially those that have been around for a while, and will not see the new rule as a result.
* Even for established users who happen to check the link, the new rule doesn't stick out in any way, so it's not obvious that something has changed with respect to the rules.
Agreed entirely. I only saw this whole thing because somebody with my non gog contacts linked me to it.

tinyE: I think you misunderstood him Linko. He said this place "has been used". He was referring to the way it was before you got here when there was virtually none of the moderation that you are providing.

There are further mods on the way, I was always directly replying to their false connection of 4chan. I understand humour isn't universally shared but the comment was rather bizarre. The change has been made, I'd prefer to focus on the future than simply dwelling on the past.
tinyE:
Linko90: I'd prefer to focus on the future than simply dwelling on the past.
100%

Sachys: Spot on captain... uh... thingummy!
Sachys: Well, in that case, please rethink a bunch of the "memes" and other things the twitter account posts as a lot of it seems to go against what you've been doing on here of recent. A simple request.

and again, good luck!
dtgreene: There are still issues with visibility:
Sachys: Agreed entirely. I only saw this whole thing because somebody with my non gog contacts linked me to it.
Request noted, but will not be acted upon i'm afraid. I can't match everyone's ideas of funny/engaging/entertaining, nor do I expect other people's to match my own.

As for viability, it's stated on code of conduct page and the sticky thread. There is no other way to keep this visible beyond posting it in a fresh thread on a regular basis, which is not realistic.
low rated

Linko90: There are further mods on the way, I was always directly replying to their false connection of 4chan. I understand humour isn't universally shared but the comment was rather bizarre. The change has been made, I'd prefer to focus on the future than simply dwelling on the past.
Sorry, but there no humour or bizarreness to my earlier post in regards to 4chan - the gog twitter feed reads as if it has been ripped from 4 chan half the time. I also made no direct connection - you are inferring that I did.

I appreciate you dont recognise that / feel it, but its true for more people than just myself, and I simply request (having outed yourself as the person in charge of it) that you perhaps rethink things there, or choose to ignore me on that matter.

...and GOGs past on this matter is very relevant.

Goodnight all! I'll see you next time!
Linko90: Request noted, but will not be acted upon i'm afraid. I can't match everyone's ideas of funny/engaging/entertaining, nor do I expect other people's to match my own.
this makes no sense given the circumstance of my request, the history (already mentioned) and the kind of replies and repliers you get on twitter. Sorry, but thats entirely true.

Linko90: As for viability, it's stated on code of conduct page and the sticky thread. There is no other way to keep this visible beyond posting it in a fresh thread on a regular basis, which is not realistic.
Which I only found out about because another old user sent me a link to here, and then I saw your comment linking it (entirely out of luck I add) while skimming all the pages.
This should be opt in / out from a GOG policy point of view and required via an email link on signing in / new session. If people do not want to adhere to those rules, great! they do not get to use the forum. If they do, great!
Making blanket rules and not notifying / involving users doesnt do well (please see your legal team regaring the former - i do know of what I speak).

Again, please see Firek for my email. I wont be on the forum again other than for troubleshooting, so any replies to me are wasted on here.
low rated
deleted
Linko90: As for viability, it's stated on code of conduct page and the sticky thread. There is no other way to keep this visible beyond posting it in a fresh thread on a regular basis, which is not realistic.
Personally, I think posting it on a fresh thread *once*, and making sure it's in the first post of the sticky thread, should be enough.

The sticky thread's first page is good for new users, who happen not to check the code of conduct page. The fresh thread, on the other hand, is good for users who regularly browse the General forum, and who would not think to check an old sticky or the code of conduct page.

(This particular rule is not likely to come into play on the game specific forums, so users who only check those forums are unlikely to encounter this rule.)
initialpresence: The last 20 odd posts confirm everything I've said. It is a great tragedy for all concerned that Gog is resorting to tyranny. To those reading this who are too afraid to post. First of all if you get banned by the mods in here, you can still access your games. You've paid your hard-earned money to these people (some of whom are sincere in their intentions, others are more malevolent) so you might as well enjoy the games you've already paid for. No doubt you can probably still buy games while you are banned, as if you would want to. :/

The point is, know that you are not alone. If you are on the fence and feeling conflicted know that more and more people are waking up every day, people are learning to say "I was wrong". Things are happening around the world on an almost daily basis, people are not going to put up with this oppression for ever - Chemnitz for example. There may be difficult times ahead but be brave and don't be afraid to speak out. Remember silence=death. Your enemy knows this and that is why they want to silence you. If by posting here, I've reached just one person on here, I know I've spread some truth. And yes we do have truth on our side.

Read through my posts on this thread and check out some sites and people I mentioned. Of course some of you will take a look around and be too afraid to go further and leave, and that is understandable - you have a life-time of ongoing indoctrination and mental cruelty inflicted on you by others to overcome. But some of you will suddenly realise you have happened upon a cosmic truth and will be overcome with a feeling you have never experienced before, a feeling something that was missing from you has been found, a feeling of discovering who you really are, a feeling that has been hidden from you all your life, an ancestral memory returning. Be warned though, people (such as the moderator here and those posting here in this thread) will attempt to dehumanise and degrade you and portray you as a monster, ignore them and stay strong - you have truth and growing numbers of people on your side. And remember, one day we will be on the other side of these dark times. Here's to a better future for all us - for all people, everywhere.
That was one of the most sinister things I have ever read. You are a white supremacist, the "truth" you speak of is nothing of the sort.