It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

initialpresence: And just look at the comment that got the thread linked below locked. If you want to know who your oppressor is just find out who you can't critisize. Enough said.

https://www.gog.com/forum/general/general_politcal_stuff_thread/post102
The fact you completely ignored the reason why the thread was locked speaks volumes.

New rule, the thread was locked due to it. Nothing more, nothing less.
Post edited September 03, 2018 by Linko90
low rated
initialpresence: And just look at the comment that got the thread linked below locked. If you want to know who your oppressor is just find out who you can't critisize. Enough said.

https://www.gog.com/forum/general/general_politcal_stuff_thread/post102
Linko90: The fact you completely ignored the reason why the thread was locked speaks volumes.

At this stage you're not even making sense anymore. You are clearly unfit for the work you have been assigned to do. You are just another stooge pushing the left's politics.
Linko90: The fact you completely ignored the reason why the thread was locked speaks volumes.

initialpresence: At this stage you're not even making sense anymore. You are clearly unfit for the work you have been assigned to do. You are just another stooge pushing the left's politics.
Would it make you feel better if I start a thread about the RESIST movement and watch Linko close it, which he would do in about two minutes.
Post edited September 03, 2018 by tinyE
While understandable, this is disappointing. In the past I've quite enjoyed a number of other users' insights into foreign affairs. That being said, the level of discussion has dropped pretty significantly in the past year or so.

I hope we can all take this change as a challenge to raise the level of discussion of all topics so that GoG doesn't feel the need to police us.

initialpresence: At this stage you're not even making sense anymore. You are clearly unfit for the work you have been assigned to do. You are just another stooge pushing the left's politics.
I'd hate to point out I've equally moderated those on either side of the political chart. That includes locking threads, banning users and editing their comments.
low rated
tinyE: Would it make you feel better if I start a thread about the RESIST movement and watch Linko close it, which he would do in about two minutes.
I probably should have written "anti-white" instead of "left", oh but wait, that might offend someone, right? To quote Thomas Paine. "He who dares not offend cannot be honest".

I've already pointed out the very blatant reason political discussion has now been totally and brutally crushed on this forum. They could not even tolerate one isolated thread. But given the general oppressiveness now prevalent online it's not suprising. This is proof it's happening in every little corner of the internet.
Post edited September 03, 2018 by initialpresence
EDIT: On second thoughts.
Post edited September 03, 2018 by SirPrimalform
I'm not particularly happy about this rule to be honest. No, I'm not defending all those things being written in political treads. It's just, I don't know, it doesn't feel right. Just punish offenders...

When Gearbox released Homeworld on Steam, I and a couple other people went to their forum to ask them to bring it also to GOG. All threads like that were quickly closed by moderation because it lead to mention of drm vs no-drm and related stuff. So they basically forbade and cut all discussion on the matter. I felt it was a stupidass reason, and this here on GOG doesn't feel much better.
InkPanther: I'm not particularly happy about this rule to be honest. No, I'm not defending all those things being written in political treads. It's just, I don't know, it doesn't feel right. Just punish offenders...

When Gearbox released Homeworld on Steam, I and a couple other people went to their forum to ask them to bring it also to GOG. All threads like that were quickly closed by moderation because it lead to mention of drm vs no-drm and related stuff. So they basically forbade and cut all discussion on the matter. I felt it was a stupidass reason, and this here on GOG doesn't feel much better.
But that was a gaming related thread which they closed, which is bullshit in a gaming forum.

This rule seems to apply to political threads that have NOTHING do with gaming and so far the distinction is being held too as there are a couple of politically oriented threads here still open because that are at least somewhat gaming related.
tinyE:
And yet there are many, many more non-gaming related topics, but nobody is advocating to close them.

We have a group of people repeatedly causing problems and fights, but it's not them who's shut down, it's the topics they touch. That's what I don't like in this approach.
tinyE:
InkPanther: And yet there are many, many more non-gaming related topics, but nobody is advocating to close them.
True, but I hardly think that the "What is this movie" and "Best Chess Problem Ever" threads are likely to include anyone promoting white nationalism. :P
tinyE: True, but I hardly think that the "What is this movie" and "Best Chess Problem Ever" threads are likely to include anyone promoting white nationalism. :P
I thought they created new topic so we can't accuse them of spilling their nonsense to other threads. :P
low rated
tinyE: True, but I hardly think that the "What is this movie" and "Best Chess Problem Ever" threads are likely to include anyone promoting white nationalism. :P
InkPanther: I thought they created new topic so we can't accuse them of spilling their nonsense to other threads. :P
It's pretty obvious the OP of that thread only made it to promote his own bigoted ideology and had no intention of tolerating anyone either disagreeing with him, or changing the specific political argument. He tore into anyone who tried to do either.

In that respect I suppose the option would be to allow all political threads and rather just boot the people who "abuse" them.

Ultimately I don't know. I'm not a mod, I'm not a Blue, and I DON'T WANT TO BE ONE!!! :P
InkPanther: And yet there are many, many more non-gaming related topics, but nobody is advocating to close them.
well.... white always wins...
InkPanther: I thought they created new topic so we can't accuse them of spilling their nonsense to other threads. :P
tinyE: It's pretty obvious the OP of that thread only made it to promote his own bigoted ideology and had no intention of tolerating anyone either disagreeing with him, or changing the specific political argument. He tore into anyone who tried to do either.

In that respect I suppose the option would be to allow all political threads and rather just boot the people who "abuse" them.

Ultimately I don't know. I'm not a mod, I'm not a Blue, and I DON'T WANT TO BE ONE!!! :P
Sorry, but that is a complete lie and an obvious provocation. I was extremely civil throughout that thread. I would encourage anyone to go and read what I wrote. Also there is nothing bigotted about it. In fact I was defending the rights of all people includng immigrants. At this point I'm quite willing to let the whole thing be, if you will. But please don't lie because you can't win a civil debate.
Post edited September 03, 2018 by initialpresence