It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

low rated
tinyE: You're a big dork, you smell like old cheese, and you thought "Waterworld" was a good movie!
Breja: I thought it was ok. "Good" would be a stretch, but it was fun, and it's hard not be impressed with the scope of it given it's all practical effects.

On the matter at hand- I agree the only thing to do is ignore the trolls. I do, I never respond to them, don't even read their posts most of the time, and in the end they can do jack shit to me. And they did try to harass me, or at least they tried, bless their puny little heads, and sometimes still do.

I know in a game-thread like the movie one it's much harder, but it can be done. Or start a new thread, make it a clear rule at the start that Kleetus and Tauto are to be ignored by legitimate participants, and from then on just downvote their posts to immediately hide them if they show up. It's hardly an abuse of the "-" button to downvote someone who is so obviously trolling.
I would appreciate it if you stopped trolling me by using my name as a reference in your discussions.
Tauto: I would appreciate it if you stopped trolling me by using my name as a reference in your discussions.
It's laughable that he loves labeling people as trolls, yet he has derailed and destroyed more threads here than anyone else.

Anyway, just ignore him, he's just trying to cause trouble.
low rated
Tauto: I would appreciate it if you stopped trolling me by using my name as a reference in your discussions.
Kleetus: It's laughable that he loves labeling people as trolls, yet he has derailed and destroyed more threads here than anyone else.

He has openly said to down vote all trolls,also.I got a 2day ban for that and justice is overdue.
low rated
Kleetus: It's laughable that he loves labeling people as trolls, yet he has derailed and destroyed more threads here than anyone else.

Tauto: He has openly said to down vote all trolls,also.I got a 2day ban for that and justice is overdue.
Gee it must be hard to get banned. What did you have to do, exactly? See my bitch fit somewhere back there? - nothing.

I mean, I'd understand if I did get banned because I was pretty opinionated in a few posts. I'm genuinely just wondering why that step out of line didn't garner punishment.
edit: is it because fables realises I have a drinking problem that's creeping up on me again?
Post edited April 06, 2017 by micktiegs_8
low rated
Tauto: He has openly said to down vote all trolls,also.I got a 2day ban for that and justice is overdue.
micktiegs_8: Gee it must be hard to get banned. What did you have to do, exactly? See my bitch fit somewhere back there? - nothing.

I mean, I'd understand if I did get banned because I was pretty opinionated in a few posts. I'm genuinely just wondering why that step out of line didn't garner punishment.
edit: is it because fables realises I have a drinking problem that's creeping up on me again?
Not hard at all,actually you just need the forum to complain and complain and complain and complain and complain and complain about you.Get the picture?
low rated
Well, if Tauto and Kleetus don't find it hard at all to get a forum to complain and complain and complain and complain and complain and complain about them, self-awareness is progressing at least.
low rated
Bookwyrm627: Remember the GG thread? Both sides claiming the other side is trolling, and both sides with people who frequent the forums. Generally each side was more tolerant of those on the same side.
I've seen this happen on non-political threads as well. In fact, I was accused of trolling on the town thread I made, even though I was just stating an opinion about towns that happened to differ from that of the other user.

I also had another user start making transphobic comments at me after I disagreed with said user over whether non-ancient JRPGs are "grindy".

(Just so you know, neither Tauto nor Kleetus was involved in either incident.)
dtgreene: ... after I disagreed with said user over whether non-ancient JRPGs are "grindy".
It used to be religion, politics and sports... nowadays it's RPGs, DRM and... politics. Well... at least some things remain the same.
dtgreene: ... after I disagreed with said user over whether non-ancient JRPGs are "grindy".
Brasas: It used to be religion, politics and sports... nowadays it's RPGs, DRM and... politics. Well... at least some things remain the same.
Did someone say DRM? I'm triggered.

Good to see you, Brasas.
Post edited April 06, 2017 by Klumpen0815
Tarm: Hm. Which country is GOG based in legaly? I guess it would be that countrys and if it's in EU its laws too.
gamesfreak64: Greece or somewehre near i assume........

if you lookup gog and project red, you get links.
As far as i know the founders of gog are all in EU countries unless they moved.

I read something about: french, polish, english/german i dont know for sure.

wiki also has info about gog and project red.
I guess I'll play it safe then and go by Swedish and EU law.
catpower1980: Like Thomq pointed out, I'm not interested into the "why" it got deleted but "who" actually deleted it as I remember that it was still up for a few days (that's why Micktiegs's message made me check it back). If a moderator decided to delete it, than a chat notification would have clarified things. If it got deleted due to to the automation system, then well.... let's say the forum is still as broken as ever ;)
gamesfreak64: Thats easily answered:

I was mod for 9 years and i have deleted many posts: sometimes posts are made that make nosense, they dont have to contain foul language/cussing/swearing or anything else, but they are 'useless' and so these get silently deleted, no ctions taken, only post deleted.

Some posts require a feedback and if and when needed the mod will usally provide them , usually in a email or so.
I dont know how it will run here, in my case we had a team of mods, super mods and admin, and we had a special part to discuss the posts and if needed temp. forum bans or part of forum bans.

If GOG only uses 1 or 2 mods for the entire General Forums then they will have lots of work to do, our community was small about 300 unique accounts (IP)but in total it reached 1200 or more (multiaccounts were allowed inc ase of shared (famlily) internet, they needed to use a unique existing email adress, no temperorily emails but existing)
I've also been a mod on a couple of places and this is exactly why I answered catpower1980 the way I did. The reason I was so blunt was to avoid confusion, discussions and arguments before this have been tested for a while so members and moderators can settle in.
Tarm: Suck it up and learn to live with the new system for a while. If you have issues about it after say two months then start a suggestion thread how to IMPROVE (In bold style. Improve. Not how it doesn't work. Improve.) upon the rules.

Moderators are final. They delete a post it's gone. They decided it needed to be gone. It's their job to do stuff like this. Learn this now and then think about my above point.
catpower1980: Like Thomq pointed out, I'm not interested into the "why" it got deleted but "who" actually deleted it as I remember that it was still up for a few days (that's why Micktiegs's message made me check it back). If a moderator decided to delete it, than a chat notification would have clarified things. If it got deleted due to to the automation system, then well.... let's say the forum is still as broken as ever ;)
IF the forum was broken that way moderators would see it immediately. It's being "watched" much more now and stuff like that gets picked up a lot more when there are active moderators.
If something will be done about it? Well that's another matter. :P
Post edited April 07, 2017 by Tarm
high rated
Just a little heads up - I gather we seem to have a problem with people thinking "well the mod is not on here at the weekend so let's go crazy" and taking that attitude to posting on the forum. I can't possibly keep an eye on the forum 24/7, so for that reason only - if I see anyone taking advantage of this over the weekend and posting stuff they would have not gotten away with during the week, when I'm here, I won't hesitate to hand out week long bans on Monday. Consider this to be a pre-emptive warning for all such cases, with no further warnings being given to those who proceed to knowingly break the Code of Conduct over the weekend(s).

I find it frankly quite demotivating and even sad that we have people on the forum who think that they can throw abusive comments left and right as soon as I turn my back, so for that reason only I've decided to take this approach, and I really hope you will be co-operative. Thanks!
fables22: Just a little heads up - I gather we seem to have a problem with people thinking "well the mod is not on here at the weekend so let's go crazy" and taking that attitude to posting on the forum. I can't possibly keep an eye on the forum 24/7, so for that reason only - if I see anyone taking advantage of this over the weekend and posting stuff they would have not gotten away with during the week, when I'm here, I won't hesitate to hand out week long bans on Monday. Consider this to be a pre-emptive warning for all such cases, with no further warnings being given to those who proceed to knowingly break the Code of Conduct over the weekend(s).

I find it frankly quite demotivating and even sad that we have people on the forum who think that they can throw abusive comments left and right as soon as I turn my back, so for that reason only I've decided to take this approach, and I really hope you will be co-operative. Thanks!
You are doing amazing work here and must apologize on behalf of some of the GoGers. It is a shame that people are taking advantage when your not looking.
fables22: Just a little heads up - I gather we seem to have a problem with people thinking "well the mod is not on here at the weekend so let's go crazy" and taking that attitude to posting on the forum. I can't possibly keep an eye on the forum 24/7, so for that reason only - if I see anyone taking advantage of this over the weekend and posting stuff they would have not gotten away with during the week, when I'm here, I won't hesitate to hand out week long bans on Monday. Consider this to be a pre-emptive warning for all such cases, with no further warnings being given to those who proceed to knowingly break the Code of Conduct over the weekend(s).

Emachine9643: You are doing amazing work here and must apologize on behalf of some of the GoGers. It is a shame that people are taking advantage when your not looking.
Thanks!

Well that comes with the job. People testing limits all the time. It will get better though so don't worry about that.

It might feel demotivating now but when you've got the house in order it is a very satisfying feeling. If you get to the point that the forum will moderate itself with the occasional push here and there you're golden. :)
low rated
fables22: "well the mod is not on here at the weekend so let's go crazy"
May I have your after hours contact details?