It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Pangaea666: Holy smokes! Hopefully the forum will become a more friendly place again now :)
Not so likely. Seems to me like the forums are morphing from a quasi anarcho-syndicalist commune into East Germany during the cold war. Next thing, GOG will be hiring informal collaborators?
low rated
oh, wait, so I am allowed to say "fuck" ? that's not what my ban was for? I'm still confused even after I read over the (really fucking stupid) COC

I asked specifically what my ban was for: no answer

I asked why I didn't receive a warning first: no answer

great moderation there, liiiiike, how am I supposed to change behavior if I don't know what behavior was wrong?

all I did was what I've been doing for 20+ years in going to forums: try to self-police

I wanted kleetus to feel unwelcome, so I went about it like that *shrug*

fuck me sideways with a splintered board!

wait wait wait, JMich, you aren't one to make jokes like this, are you serious that "appropriate language" means german in the german forums, english in the english forums, etc.?!

does that mean I'm not allowed to say "¿que pasa?" to someone in the english forums???!?!?!?!? I'm so confused.

Am I going to get a ban for just doing that there?!?! ^
drealmer7: I wanted {whoever} to feel unwelcome, so I went about it like that *shrug*
I expect this was your biggest infraction, regardless of who was on the receiving end.

Letting loose with curse words didn't do you any favors either.
low rated
drealmer7: I wanted {whoever} to feel unwelcome, so I went about it like that *shrug*
Bookwyrm627: I expect this was your biggest infraction, regardless of who was on the receiving end.

Letting loose with curse words didn't do you any favors either.
so we're supposed to make people who make the forums unenjoyable feel welcomed? I can't quite get my head around that

(I know, and like your stance, of simply not engaging them, and I have been able to do that forever. However, he was affecting a forum game and I initially tried to reason with him, then found him unreasonable. Am I really supposed to whine to a moderator "he's ruining our forum game wahhhh" ???? or do I just stop playing the forum game? Is that what the moderators want? People to stop participating in threads? Because that is what this new COC has done for me.)
drealmer7: wait wait wait, JMich, you aren't one to make jokes like this, are you serious that "appropriate language" means german in the german forums, english in the english forums, etc.?!
First page of this thread. Post 11 to be exact.
No idea about how much it's going to be enforced.
drealmer7: wait wait wait, JMich, you aren't one to make jokes like this, are you serious that "appropriate language" means german in the german forums, english in the english forums, etc.?!
JMich: First page of this thread. Post 11 to be exact.
No idea about how much it's going to be enforced.
What about bilingual posts?
Sind diese erlaubt?
Post edited April 05, 2017 by Klumpen0815
low rated
Pangaea666: Holy smokes! Hopefully the forum will become a more friendly place again now :)
awalterj: Not so likely. Seems to me like the forums are morphing from a quasi anarcho-syndicalist commune into East Germany during the cold war.
I thought we were an autonomous collective.
awalterj:
Breja: I thought we were an autonomous collective.
You're fooling yourself, we're living in a dictatorship!
low rated
Breja: I thought we were an autonomous collective.
awalterj: You're fooling yourself, we're living in a dictatorship!
Listen, strange women writing in blue distributing bans is no basis for a system of government.
awalterj: You're fooling yourself, we're living in a dictatorship!
Breja: Listen, strange women writing in blue distributing bans is no basis for a system of government.
Well, I didn't vote for her! Supreme moderator power derives from a mandate from the amassed forum members not from some farcical hiring process.
drealmer7: so we're supposed to make people who make the forums unenjoyable feel welcomed? I can't quite get my head around that
Not what I said. I said to ignore him. If he's disrupting a game thread, then perhaps someone can appeal to the mod based on the rule about off-topic posting. If he's following the rules of the game thread and still disrupting it (I haven't followed that movie thread, so I'm not sure of the longer term situation there), then the best option might simply be to post as if he hadn't posted at all: don't acknowledge his answers, don't acknowledge his attempts to start a new round, just act as if his posts don't exist. I acknowledge that it does require at least most other people participating to do the same.

At the end of the day, trolls are going to troll. I've yet to see hostility do anything more than egg a true troll on.
low rated
Bookwyrm627: I said to ignore him. [..] just act as if his posts don't exist.
This solution is often suggested by subjects not much affected by the harassment\bullying, but it usually never works for the actual "victims".
That's why some external moderation is needed here.
phaolo: This solution is often suggested by subjects not much affected by the harassment\bullying, but it usually never works for the actual "victims".
I wondered if/when that would be brought up. You're right that I haven't been targeted, but part of that is because I've been applying my solution from the start, especially "if you find yourself typing out a post to them, then stop and close the window".

If someone(s) would like to test my limits by targeting me with similar tactics, they are welcome to try. It will hopefully be an interesting experience.
low rated
phaolo: This solution is often suggested by subjects not much affected by the harassment\bullying, but it usually never works for the actual "victims".
Bookwyrm627: If someone(s) would like to test my limits by targeting me with similar tactics, they are welcome to try. It will hopefully be an interesting experience.
You're a big dork, you smell like old cheese, and you thought "Waterworld" was a good movie!
low rated
Bookwyrm627: You're right that I haven't been targeted, but part of that is because I've been applying my solution from the start
You probably didn't reply from the start, because you never felt much attacked.
Some people are simply more affected and targeted.

The trolls are the only ones that should change their behaviour.
The "victims" shouldn't be required to stoically suffer without reacting.