It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Tauto: Kleetus and I lose the max rep each day and our threads and posts are spammed into deletion.What is going to happen with this abuse?
paladin181: Why, nothing because unless something has changed, GOG has no way to see who is downrepping posts. Rep should only be positive. Upvotes raise reputation. No need for downvoting to affect rep whatsoever.
Wrong. A couple of SQL queries and GOG quickly can find out theirs Hatoful Boyfriends. :D

If you vote on someone's post, forum engine stores this information "somewhere", i.e. remembers it. When you log off, and then log on to forums, you can see posts, that you have voted on and you can't vote on them again, because forum engine stores this information (knows that you voted, and how you voted) and GOG can see who is downrepping.

Some forum engines allow all users to see who and how have voted on theirs posts and any other user's post. Would be nice to have this feature.
vsr: Some forum engines allow all users to see who and how have voted on theirs posts and any other user's post. Would be nice to have this feature.
Considering it took them several months to finally get their butts in gear and fix banning so that it can be forum-only as opposed to account-only, something tells me that they aren't likely to implement whatever they need to make voters on a post visible anytime soon. Even if they could in theory access it, I kinda doubt they're about to spend the time and energy on looking into it (if they even can, although I'm no GOG employee and have no idea what the coding headache is like on that one) since it's a problem which doesn't really do much besides change a number that nobody cares about.
low rated
paladin181: Why, nothing because unless something has changed, GOG has no way to see who is downrepping posts. Rep should only be positive. Upvotes raise reputation. No need for downvoting to affect rep whatsoever.
vsr: Wrong. A couple of SQL queries and GOG quickly can find out theirs Hatoful Boyfriends. :D

If you vote on someone's post, forum engine stores this information "somewhere", i.e. remembers it. When you log off, and then log on to forums, you can see posts, that you have voted on and you can't vote on them again, because forum engine stores this information (knows that you voted, and how you voted) and GOG can see who is downrepping.

Some forum engines allow all users to see who and how have voted on theirs posts and any other user's post. Would be nice to have this feature.
I don't care about the rep but I do have a problem with threads and posts being spammed into deletion.It's okay for all of you to sit back and talk about rep when the main question is the abuse from spam/deletion.I suppose if it happened to a lot more people then it would be the main topic.
Post edited March 13, 2017 by Tauto
vsr: Wrong. A couple of SQL queries and GOG quickly can find out theirs Hatoful Boyfriends. :D

Tauto: I don't care about the rep but I do have a problem with threads and posts being spammed into deletion.It's okay for all of you to sit back and talk about rep when the main question is the abuse from spam/deletion.I suppose if it happened to a lot more people then it would be the main topic.
Have you tried contacting Fables on the issue?
Because ranting on forum is one thing, but to try to fix it with officials is another...
Also, contact Support.

If only you and Kleetus are affected by this, nobody will contact GOG to fix it. Report it official-way and wait for fix.
Forum rants won't help.
low rated
Tauto: I don't care about the rep but I do have a problem with threads and posts being spammed into deletion.It's okay for all of you to sit back and talk about rep when the main question is the abuse from spam/deletion.I suppose if it happened to a lot more people then it would be the main topic.
vsr: Have you tried contacting Fables on the issue?
Because ranting on forum is one thing, but to try to fix it with officials is another...
Also, contact Support.

If only you and Kleetus are affected by this, nobody will contact GOG to fix it. Report it official-way and wait for fix.
Forum rants won't help.
If you bothered to read previous posts you would see that Kleetus and I HAVE asked several times and it has been left unanswered.Reporting it officially,the answer is ''we will look into it''and they hope that satisfies and you disappear forever.
Also, contact Support.

Forum rants won't help.
Tauto: If you bothered to read previous posts you would see that Kleetus and I HAVE asked several times and it has been left unanswered.Reporting it officially,the answer is ''we will look into it''and they hope that satisfies and you disappear forever.
The problem here is that the two of you are amongst the people that have been and still are reported most frequently - so perhaps that's the reason why people systematically downrep your posts and threads. That said though, for a long time it was the only thing that I think gave people the feeling that they can, in a way, self-moderate the forum themselves. I'm hoping it'll significantly decrease now that offenders can just be banned and the community don't feel like they have to take things into their own hands. That said, though, I'm looking into the downrep reports so I'll soon have an idea of who the culprits are.
Tauto: Reporting it officially,the answer is ''we will look into it''and they hope that satisfies and you disappear forever.
What else can you reasonably expect them to say other than that?
Also, contact Support.

Forum rants won't help.
Tauto: If you bothered to read previous posts you would see that Kleetus and I HAVE asked several times and it has been left unanswered.Reporting it officially,the answer is ''we will look into it''and they hope that satisfies and you disappear forever.
You have asked about it on a Forum. It is considered as some non-binding talks and can be ignored if problem is non-trivial.
Report problem official-way through Support. Insist on fixing it. Ask mods about status of fixing this problem.

If you don't care - they don't care even more.
low rated
fables22: The problem here is that the two of you are amongst the people that have been and still are reported most frequently - so perhaps that's the reason why people systematically downrep your posts and threads. That said though, for a long time it was the only thing that I think gave people the feeling that they can, in a way, self-moderate the forum themselves. I'm hoping it'll significantly decrease now that offenders can just be banned and the community don't feel like they have to take things into their own hands. That said, though, I'm looking into the downrep reports so I'll soon have an idea of who the culprits are.
Good,name them all including me as I have a hair trigger finger and it aims at those red/orange buttons.As for reporting me,I have done nothing wrong in the last couple of weeks except press that red button.Goodnight.
vsr: You have asked about it on a Forum. It is considered as some non-binding talks and can be ignored if problem is non-trivial.
Report problem official-way through Support. Insist on fixing it. Ask mods about status of fixing this problem.

Actually, I'd rather anything non-technical was reported to me, rather than to Support.
fables22: The problem here is that the two of you are amongst the people that have been and still are reported most frequently - so perhaps that's the reason why people systematically downrep your posts and threads. That said though, for a long time it was the only thing that I think gave people the feeling that they can, in a way, self-moderate the forum themselves. I'm hoping it'll significantly decrease now that offenders can just be banned and the community don't feel like they have to take things into their own hands. That said, though, I'm looking into the downrep reports so I'll soon have an idea of who the culprits are.
Tauto: Good,name them all including me as I have a hair trigger finger and it aims at those red/orange buttons.As for reporting me,I have done nothing wrong in the last couple of weeks except press that red button.Goodnight.
Keep doing what you're doing, then.
Post edited March 13, 2017 by fables22
zeogold: fix banning so that it can be forum-only as opposed to account-only
When was the banning account-only? I do recall forum-only bans from as far back as 2011. Or was that changed at some point to account-only and then back to forum-only and/or account-ban?
I would appreciate a source for the account banning thingy.
vsr: You have asked about it on a Forum. It is considered as some non-binding talks and can be ignored if problem is non-trivial.

fables22: Actually, I'd rather anything non-technical was reported to me, rather than to Support.
That's what i'm talking about.
Thread/posts removal through "report as spam" function is the technical problem and should be reported through Support.

They both said in earlier posts they don't care much about rep and that thread/posts removal is theirs real problem.
Forum user Alaric.us was hit by this exploit earlier too.
Post edited March 13, 2017 by vsr
fables22: Actually, I'd rather anything non-technical was reported to me, rather than to Support.
vsr: That's what i'm talking about.
Thread/posts removal through "report as spam" function is technical problem and should be reported through Support.

They both said in earlier posts they don't care much about rep and that thread/posts removal is theirs real problem.
It's not actually - there's nothing they can do about it. I tried myself and there's nothing at this stage that I can do about it either. All they can do is bump it with website, but I do that pretty much on a regular basis, so there's genuinely no need whatsoever to swamp them with it. It's not a bug or an error, it's a technicality flaw that needs to be addressed by website.

vsr: That's what i'm talking about.
Thread/posts removal through "report as spam" function is the technical problem and should be reported through Support.

I'd also prefer to be the one who has a say in what's reported what way. Thanks!
Post edited March 13, 2017 by fables22
fables22: it's a technicality flaw that needs to be addressed by website.
How GOG team will fix it, if no one will report it?
Does this problem even exists in GOG's internal bugtracker?
vsr: How GOG team will fix it, if no one will report it?
Does this problem even exists in GOG's internal bugtracker?
I get the sense that they know of the issue and getting flooded with the same message again and again isn't going to make them work on it any faster.