It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

low rated
"Knowingly False" : The Thread.

Now, let's see.
low rated
And yes, I was notified of tauto's report. :P

In the future I need to curtail my use of the 'F' Word and I am more than happy to. :D
Post edited March 12, 2017 by tinyE
low rated
micktiegs_8: Or you could have simply responded the way TinyE did with 'I see your point'. Thank whoever that I'm on the internet where slight misinterpretation ALWAYS leads to nothing.

I'll rephrase it: Not everybody lives in the same time zone as Fables; therefore, not everybody can be monitored and moderated within a timely manner. Fables is a human, and requires sleep. During this sleep when nobody is moderating the forum, problems that are usually moderated by Fables may happen.
thomq: Whoa whoa whoa whoa whoa whoa whoa whoa whoa whoa whoa…

Whoa whoa whoa…

…WHOA…

You must be joking. We are all Turing bots here, everyone here is a Turing bot. Everyone. You can't be seriously suggesting there is a human here? Or that a human would dare try to reign over Turing bots?

Though, if ever a human did try to participate (let alone try moderating Turing bots), then such an event would be quite a hilarious spectacle!

Hmm, now that you mention it, this might be a good time to make sure the Turing bot test for creating a forum acount is up-to-date for successfully filtering out humans. Humans have been observed as notably adaptable.
Maybe I need to bring out my predictive text generator and use it to pass the Turing bot test for me?
low rated
So if you "DON’T TOLERATE ... Abuse or encouraging abuse of the reputation system ", this would mean that many Users should get there rep Points back. I´m quite sure that such a thing will not happen, so what does that mean in reality ?
Gleacer: so what does that mean in reality ?
Nothing, absolutely nothing will happen with the rep system.
Gleacer: so what does that mean in reality ?
Kleetus: Nothing, absolutely nothing will happen with the rep system.
If rules exist, you should demand your rep back or actions to be taken.
Every post you make gets downrepped. Fables thinks it's ok?

I remember you had >+200 rep, and now downrepped to -1000. Rep system is a joke, right?

EDIT: Fables asked me to remove pictures from this post.
Post edited March 13, 2017 by vsr
I could be wrong, but it is my impression that we've been told "these are the rules going forward and they will be enforced, however they are not being enforced retroactively", which means that violations of the rules, and problems that predate the new rules going into place will not be investigated or handled. It's well known that the rep system has been heavily abused in the past and that they've stated they're aware of it and do not have the manpower to dedicate to doing anything about that any time soon.

So I would not expect any modifications to people's rep score based on past events to be happening going forward, and I can't imagine how they could trivially automate undoing past gaming of the rep system, nor can I imagine them paying an engineer days/weeks of salary to sort out such a trivial matter in the grand scheme of GOG's overall business operation and finite limited resources.

Yeah, it sucks that some people have had their rep artificially interfered with but going forward everyone should pretty much straight out ignore the rep score value entirely and treat it as a thing of minor legacy importance that has and will have minor side effects for some people going forward until GOG has the resources to commit to improving this aspect of the site which is most likely not going to be any time remotely soon.

So what does it all mean? It means put the past behind us all, and honour and respect the new rules and if there are new problems that arise which cause some people problems to bring it up privately with our community manager in a friendly manner and see what if anything they're able to do about it. They may be able to handle some things right away, and other things may have to wait for the future even if it is inconvenient. The more people affected by a given issue, likely the sooner it will get looked at later, but with emphasis on later.

But of course, I could be wrong too... :)
low rated
nvm
Post edited March 12, 2017 by tinyE
low rated
Kleetus: Nothing, absolutely nothing will happen with the rep system.
vsr: If rules exist, you should demand your rep back or actions to be taken.
Every post you make gets downrepped. Fables thinks it's ok?

I remember you had >+200 rep, and now downrepped to -1000. Rep system is a joke, right?
Nothing wrong with the rep system,look at me with my 12 (only visible to me) (because I hid them) stars.
low rated
vsr: If rules exist, you should demand your rep back or actions to be taken.
Oh I couldn't care less about my rep, it just makes a mockery of rule enforcement when the most broken feature and one that causes animosity is blatantly ignored, but making jokes or saying something that will offend a person is frowned upon.

This poor sensitive person who is offended could very well be a rep abuser, but hey, their hurt feelings matter more.

BTW, loved the first attachment.
skeletonbow: I could be wrong, but it is my impression that we've been told "these are the rules going forward and they will be enforced, however they are not being enforced retroactively", which means that violations of the rules, and problems that predate the new rules going into place will not be investigated or handled. It's well known that the rep system has been heavily abused in the past and that they've stated they're aware of it and do not have the manpower to dedicate to doing anything about that any time soon.

So I would not expect any modifications to people's rep score based on past events to be happening going forward, and I can't imagine how they could trivially automate undoing past gaming of the rep system, nor can I imagine them paying an engineer days/weeks of salary to sort out such a trivial matter in the grand scheme of GOG's overall business operation and finite limited resources.

Yeah, it sucks that some people have had their rep artificially interfered with but going forward everyone should pretty much straight out ignore the rep score value entirely and treat it as a thing of minor legacy importance that has and will have minor side effects for some people going forward until GOG has the resources to commit to improving this aspect of the site which is most likely not going to be any time remotely soon.

So what does it all mean? It means put the past behind us all, and honour and respect the new rules and if there are new problems that arise which cause some people problems to bring it up privately with our community manager in a friendly manner and see what if anything they're able to do about it. They may be able to handle some things right away, and other things may have to wait for the future even if it is inconvenient. The more people affected by a given issue, likely the sooner it will get looked at later, but with emphasis on later.

But of course, I could be wrong too... :)
Thanks for writing this! It's pretty much exactly to the point, and I'd like to once again highlight the fact that I will not be looking into any past offences, nor will I ban people based on past offences, nor will I investigate past rep abuse. However, if anyone has a suspicion that they're rep is being serially & systematically decreased by other forum users, please do let me know.
low rated
skeletonbow:
fables22: However, if anyone has a suspicion that they're rep is being serially & systematically decreased by other forum users, please do let me know.
Kleetus and I lose the max rep each day and our threads and posts are spammed into deletion.What is going to happen with this abuse?
Tauto: Kleetus and I lose the max rep each day and our threads and posts are spammed into deletion.What is going to happen with this abuse?
Why, nothing because unless something has changed, GOG has no way to see who is downrepping posts. Rep should only be positive. Upvotes raise reputation. No need for downvoting to affect rep whatsoever.
low rated
Tauto: Kleetus and I lose the max rep each day and our threads and posts are spammed into deletion.What is going to happen with this abuse?
paladin181: Why, nothing because unless something has changed, GOG has no way to see who is downrepping posts. Rep should only be positive. Upvotes raise reputation. No need for downvoting to affect rep whatsoever.
And if your posts and threads were continually spammed into deletion,you would be okay with that?
low rated
Gotta stop asking hard questions.