It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

high rated
It's been what, three weeks? And I'm still amazed with how bad this redesign is. I've pretty much given up on even looking at the main page or browsing the store, I just visit the forum and check my wishlist for discounts, since those are the only two elements not yet completely broken.
Would be nice if everything wasn't so big.
Post edited October 18, 2018 by Moonbeam
Breja: I've pretty much given up on even looking at the main page or browsing the store, I just visit the forum
Same.
high rated
I have a few suggestions that would make gog.com a webstore that meets modern standards:

- game library should by default randomly shuffle all games to keep things interesting, having all my games sorted alphabeticaly or by purchase date is boring and makes no sense. (gog already experimented in the past with this feature, unfortunately it wasn't implemented permanently)

- all thumbnails should be actualy tiny 4K videos that autoplay simultaneously, because I never get a chance to waste all my Gigabytes on my budget LTE plan.

- Im also enjoying those new huge banners with zoom in effect, they should zoom in faster, harder, scooter, and cover all my screen.

- news section should be removed completely so users don't get lazy and actualy dumpster dive into this website and browse for hours in game's catalog to find interesting deals and discover new hidden gems.

- only way to purchase games should be possible only by entering codes from 100$ prepaid cards (it doesn't hurt sony with their PSN so why not do it on gog, its more convenient this way, right?)

- gog should finaly introduce some sort of DRM because all those pesky kids are stealing all that copyrighted shit and putting it on torrentz.

Those are my 5 cents, have a nice day. [/saltybanana]
Breja: It's been what, three weeks? And I'm still amazed with how bad this redesign is. I've pretty much given up on even looking at the main page or browsing the store, I just visit the forum and check my wishlist for discounts, since those are the only two elements not yet completely broken.
Same for me. Except I even deleted my wishlist items.
high rated
Breja: I just visit the forum and check my wishlist for discounts
Exactly the same here.

Previous design - especially the list to the right - quickly answered my most important questions without a click orgy / mouse over delay: Is it the genre I like? What is the original release date? How much is the price reduction? Is it new? Who are the developers?

The new design only tells me the current price / price reduction. Nothing else relevant for a purchase decision. Nothing. Instead, I look at a huuuge colorful picture. At a biig game title. At a slowly loading promotion trailer on mouse over. Tell you what? These pictures are distracting, the title of a game is insignificant, a promo trailer is most often just marketing bullshit. Everything is colorful, moving and noisy... and at the same time completely irrelevant.

Now, it takes more time to get important information. It takes more mouse actions to reach relevance. This is 100% the wrong way to improve a GUI (reading recommendation: "Hooked" by Nir Eyal).

Result: You destroyed habits. Maybe the habits of many customers. Many of my purchases were impulse buys. They will not happen that often anymore, just because of this new design.

You want us to form new habits? Your main target are new customers? You think we old ones just need time to acclimatize to the new GUI? Not me, don't think so. The GUI did not just change, not just got a new look, elements a new arrangement or layout. The functionality of your web page worsened. My user experience is not different, it is worse. Not because something is green what was red before, is to the right when it was at the top, but because it is gone.

One positive result: My backlog is big enough, so I can get along without any new purchases for some months, maybe even years.
Post edited October 18, 2018 by Annando
Agreed with all of the above. I hate the new format.
high rated
LoL. Looks like GOG was laughing at us when people complained about the huge unnecessary front page. They added an other HUGE layer of their new game like it was not already in 3 other places :)
Engerek01: LoL. Looks like GOG was laughing at us when people complained about the huge unnecessary front page. They added an other HUGE layer of their new game like it was not already in 3 other places :)
This better be a bug. If not, what in the hell is wrong with them.
high rated
Engerek01: LoL. Looks like GOG was laughing at us when people complained about the huge unnecessary front page. They added an other HUGE layer of their new game like it was not already in 3 other places :)
This is amazing. I love it. 36 pages of feedback in this thread alone, and the only change they make is the opposite of what everyone is saying and obviously makes the terrible design even worse. This is some pure GOG right there.
Post edited October 18, 2018 by Breja
high rated
Engerek01: They added an other HUGE layer of their new game like it was not already in 3 other places :)
LOL (hysterical laughter, simultaneously shaking my head)

On my 1920x1200 screen, maximized browser, without scrolling, I now can see just ONE SINGLE F*CK*NG PRICE.
Post edited October 18, 2018 by Annando
high rated
Breja: I just visit the forum and check my wishlist for discounts, since those are the only two elements not yet completely broken.
It's absurd, isn't it? People have been vocally complaining about the forums (about how it's broken and barely functional) for years now and now, in a few swift moves, the forum is hands down the most functional, user-friendly part of the website, so it has become something of a refuge for us users.

Never change, gog forum! Please, DO NOT LET THEM CHANGE YOU!
high rated
Exactly! Do they even realize what SIZE this thing has on 40' 4k?? It is barely readable. I scroll down it all the time and mostly don't even see it. But rest of the page is slightly better than that. I can easily read 3 A4 pages at once but can see max 6-10 rows on GOG page now. 5 games on sell. 3 news. What have they done?!

Where the Good Old Site is?
high rated
+1 +1 +1
GOG become unusually slow. Very bad.
I am very disappointed with the development of the website.

And: it's no fun anymore to browse through the catalogue. It is a torture. Bad for business in my eyes...

PS: We need no faster browsers, we need smart web developers
Post edited October 18, 2018 by Lebostein
Library working = I DON'T CARE ABOUT THE FRONT PAGE

Shit, let them auto run Three's Company reruns on there; so long as I can download and play my games I'm a happy guy!