It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

high rated
Please add an option to browse the games by a list with the names in text like we used to have.

I just searched "Neverwinter Nights" and thirteen (!) images appeared, looking almost identical but with different prices. This makes it far too much work to figure out what is what. It's frustrating enough for me to just close the browser tab and give up on the game. Life is too short to spend opening all those links to do research just to figure out what everything is so I can make a decision. I'm sorry, but shopping shouldn't be this much work :(
Post edited October 12, 2018 by Uilos
Well, some of us connect to gog with mobile internet - because I am socially underpriviledged, I would guess?

I covet the OP for a mere second, but oh the admirable diligent OP thou!

I'd prefer perma filter for own posts in the "community." One second homing beacon is ideal, but hardly the posting pattern for all.

I also think that DRM by death is hypocritical. I own gog.com games. I want to leave them to bring joy once I am dead. I would suggest voluntary secondary e-mail to games to allow them to be handed off upon death, like a painting owned.
TStael: I would suggest voluntary secondary e-mail to games to allow them to be handed off upon death, like a painting owned.
just include login/pass for your gaming accounts into your last will. sure you can't take it to grave but there's no reason why you family members can't use it. I've heard there was cases with steam when they transferred account to a sibling after they asked Valve nicely. But I see no reason why any one should ask. Neither gog or steam has scan of your ID and you're not sticking your body parts to the login box for checks :) that could be anyone with your login access and no one will care
GOG, please transpile your Javascript to turn your ES6 code into ES5 code, which is compatible with older browsers.

As it is, the new theme throws syntax errors in some user agents, and is basically broken. I strongly suspect you can fix that with this simple addition to your build process.

(And yes, it would be nice if every user was running one of the shiny new major browsers which support all the things, but you mustn't depend upon that.)
HypersomniacLive: For those wanting to make the tag on owned games more visible, here's a quick piece of css code:
And to add this I will be dropping some code which can be added via a script here:

https://www.gog.com/forum/general/simple_code_snippets_for_the_new_site_design/page1

Feel free to make simple request like this.
Post edited October 12, 2018 by BKGaming
I am trying it on mobile for the first time now.

Clicking on "Wishlist it" did put something expensive in my cart and there is no option to take it out again, not even at checkout.

Btw: I didn't find the original "Good News" thread about the site degradation/overhaul, is there one or did they not make it due to the to be expected shitstorm?
Post edited October 12, 2018 by Klumpen0815
Was thinking how GOG store and game page should look. Opened Paint and drew this (attachment) in a minute. Seem much better than what GOG came up with. Make it like one of those "responsive designs" or whatever it's called, and it will work on phones. If my stupid ass can make a simple usable layout I'm sure professionals at GOG can.
Attachments:
high rated
Nalkoden: Was thinking how GOG store and game page should look. Opened Paint and drew this (attachment) in a minute. Seem much better than what GOG came up with. Make it like one of those "responsive designs" or whatever it's called, and it will work on phones. If my stupid ass can make a simple usable layout I'm sure professionals at GOG can.
This seems like a functional and possibly intuitive template design. Throw it in the bin it wont pass GOG QA. XD
days later, news and bundle sections still not visible in galaxy on 1280x screen and in browser in windowed mode, not a single issue we have mentioned in this thread got a fix. not a single reply from support about this. no nothing!

I'm going to boycott any future purchases till gog keeps no respect to their customers and allows broken site while completely ignoring our queries. I can only do the same - ignore gog. still 57 games to play on this account, most of RPG/strategy/sandbox type, it can last years :) If gog does not want us to buy more games then it's perfect time to deal with our backlog.
Klumpen0815: Btw: I didn't find the original "Good News" thread about the site degradation/overhaul, is there one or did they not make it due to the to be expected shitstorm?
Just towards the bottom of the anniversary news post, as "good news" usually are.
I'm not a huge fan of the redesign, I liked the simpler GOG. All these panels and auto-loading videos seem unnecessary.

But, a major problem I've noticed is that if the browser is windowed to certain sizes in Chrome, the displays won't show correctly:

Screenshot
Attachments:
Post edited October 12, 2018 by djdarko
high rated
I think it's impressive what GOG has done.

The fact that a week later I'm still finding new things that suck is amazing. The amount of effort they put into infusing "suck" into every part of the site is amazing.
Nalkoden: Was thinking how GOG store and game page should look. Opened Paint and drew this (attachment) in a minute. Seem much better than what GOG came up with. Make it like one of those "responsive designs" or whatever it's called, and it will work on phones. If my stupid ass can make a simple usable layout I'm sure professionals at GOG can.
For front page, to include all their current elements, I'd do with smth like this. (Not keen on the still side scrolling news in yours for one.)
Forgot to add there, maybe use screen width to add more of a snippet in news and more covers to the collage for sales for multiple games.

Edit: That could still allow for that, shall we say, promoted titles row below the new releases, if they want it there. Alternately, if that would be removed, current sales could I guess go below new releases instead, should normally be able to fit them in one row, title over image/collage, with games going up right alongside news as in the old design. But either way, if something does get added between new releases and news, make it compact, so the most recent news would still be above the fold even on lower (Y axis) resolutions.
Attachments:
untitled.png (42 Kb)
Post edited October 12, 2018 by Cavalary
Cavalary: [I'd do with smth like this.
that's good one!
Engerek01: Is there a way to turn off those annoying autoplays? They are everywhere!
I am guessing nobody has found a solution for that yet. I used to visit GOG daily, 4-5 times a day sometimes. Now I do not even want to enter.