It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

high rated
I agree.

Longer loading times on the new store and game pages and less information on the game pages due to the new UI. On a 15.9" screen I see less than before, and it was easier to scroll through all the screenshots (images), I don't like the new look due to the info loss and more cumbersome way of handling the attached images.
Post edited October 04, 2018 by Green_Hilltop
high rated
Looks more and more like the children casual game sites with tons of cheap hidden object games like Wildtangent or Bigfish Games. Not even the game titles show up, only if you go with mouse over the thumbnail. No list display available anymore.

What they should hav fixed instead:
- No info of actual game version, you only know it if you buy it and inspect the download files.
- No direct links to the discussion sites who exist for every game but are rarely visited as no one knows them.
- And is it really not possible to sort lists after price or do I miss something?

The once unique advantage of GOG (DRM free games) is increasingly being overshadowed by anti-client measures in all other areas.

sad :(
Post edited October 04, 2018 by surfersurfer
4-vektor: I like that they finally added a function that should have been there right from the start: Finally games on sale are included in the search for price categories.
Carradice: That option has been already there. For a long, long time...
Not on Galaxy. It never included games on sale using their sales price.

If e.g. a game cost $10 but on sale only $4.99, then it never was included in the up to $5 category. Not for me—ever.
Post edited October 04, 2018 by 4-vektor
high rated
News section is stark big empty.. just a tiny bar at the bottom of the page.
I complained like hell this happened last time, but you know what. We will get used to it and in a month or two its going to feel fine even though the UI is a disaster now. At the end we have no choice.

I personally dislike that the news section was effectively removed from gog entirely. Now you can only see last 6 days worth of news. Gamepage is a mixed feeling. The giant movie banner on the gamepage is pointless. I love the filter options for reviews. The button for price on the giant movie banner - totally missed the point of the gamepage.

I do like the curated collections. I dislike that upcoming and new lists have been shortened and cant be expanded directly on the frontpage. I also like the games for you tab.

So all in all its a mixed bag this time around, at least for me.
The new update at least made videos optional to run. If they manage to reduce the space between the letters, game description, game requirements, review ratings, reviews themselves, it has the chance to look neat and fresh.
Wishmaster777: The new update at least made videos optional to run. If they manage to reduce the space between the letters, game description, game requirements, review ratings, reviews themselves, it has the chance to look neat and fresh.
that's what i thought too. i think it could look okay if they tightened everything up a bit.
high rated
It feels like there is just a ton of wasted space on this design. A lot of it seems to me like design trend chasing (which I hate) and not really adding functionality.
they removed link to your own profile from menus. now the only way to check it is to type directly in browser. also when you hover "on sale now" link from store menus it shows games without price! just "buy" button and that's it!

who would like THAT?

edit. oh boy, the whole store section, not only sales shows empty price now. you hover and you have just a picture, no price, no game title. what kind store is this?
Post edited October 04, 2018 by djoxyk
Matruchus: I complained like hell this happened last time, but you know what. We will get used to it and in a month or two its going to feel fine even though the UI is a disaster now. At the end we have no choice.
And that's the problem, that most get used to it and believe there is no choice instead of hammering at them till they believe they have no choice but to give in instead.
djoxyk: they removed link to your own profile from menus. now the only way to check it is to type directly in browser
Pretty sure this is just a bug.
Post edited October 04, 2018 by BKGaming
Its a mess...really confusing..steam wannabe
djoxyk: they removed link to your own profile from menus. now the only way to check it is to type directly in browser
BKGaming: Pretty sure this is just a bug.
about prices:
I see it in browser from Linux and in galaxy client under wine as well. Just checked it again and it's the same. Even if it's a bug it persists for hours on all platforms. Or maybe it's a new feature?

about profile link:
it's is still visible in galaxy but no longer available in browser version. It's hard to imagine what kind of bug would hide menu entry, it is not dynamic content
Post edited October 05, 2018 by djoxyk
djoxyk: about profile link:
it's is still visible in galaxy but no longer available in browser version. It's hard to imagine what kind of bug would hide menu entry, it is not dynamic content
I don't know about the prices, but Galaxy and the website use different menu systems. So that is why it works in Galaxy vs the browser. The menu has broken many times in the past on the website and it usually happens after GOG devs leave work like this time (possibly due to some change made before leaving work). The avatar is also missing, as well as profile and feed links. Regardless It's late a night in Poland, probably won't be fixed until at-least 3AM EST. GOG staff are aware though, I sent them a message.
djoxyk: about profile link:
BKGaming: I don't know about the prices, but Galaxy and the website use different menu systems. So that is why it works in Galaxy vs the browser. The menu has broken many times in the past on the website and it usually happens after GOG devs leave work like this time (possibly due to some change made before leaving work). The avatar is also missing, as well as profile and feed links. Regardless It's late a night in Poland, probably won't be fixed until at-least 3AM EST. GOG staff are aware though, I sent them a message.
good to know, thank you!