It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

viperfdl: Well, the new gog.com definitely gives Win 10 vibes and I can't say that it makes me feel comfortable...
PsyRabbit: I think the vibe is more Win 8.
Maybe with the Win 10's adaptations to Win 8
This is way I have stayed with Win 7.
Yes, you're right. I had already blocked out that version...
FlockeSchnee: I see. So it could be because its outdated. :-/
Thank you for pointing out this RSS thing. Completely overlooked that. Bookmarked for now because I don't like subscriptions (I understand it the same as you, I think), so I will have to think about it. Have a nice day. :-)
Splatsch: Yep :S
Sorry for you :/ Pale Moon will hopefully be updated and/or maybe it's only a temporary issue, but I hope things will get sorted, especially for people like you who can't use a new version of FF :S
Oh, as Cavalary said, it's not really a "subscription". For what I understood, word is a bit misleading. If you use FF for your RSS, this "subscription" is only meaning that FF will create a kind of "RSS bookmark" of the page who will automatically look for updates and show you them when you'll over the bookmark (or click on it depending where you put it) [see my screenshot].
And when you don't want it anymore, simply delete the "dynamic bookmark". In fact it's only a dynamic bookmark ;)
...snip...
Lack of compatibility with "other" (or simply older versions of) browsers is becoming more and more common. I begin to have the feeling of slowly coming back to the 90's where pages were "optimized" to only IE (or Firefox at best).
For GOG... I kinda understand their choice but... here it really needs improvements when browsing on a computer if they want to go this way.
When you sell computer games, indeed, let people see easily (and conveniently) your site on their computers at least.
I wouldn't mind this kind of design if they weren't such an hassle to navigate through, to find the infos I want... Now, what a loss of time so often ! (not talking only about GOG here ;)) And I'm not even talking about the often lower performances on the browser :P (same)
I hope we'll see fixes (especially for broader browsers compatibility) and improvement. I've got good hopes : every time there was a controversial update, they tried to listen to our complaints/grips and do something about it.
and
Splatsch: If you use FF for your RSS, this "subscription" is only meaning that FF will create a kind of "RSS bookmark" of the page who will automatically look for updates and show you them when you'll over the bookmark (or click on it depending where you put it)
Cavalary: If you use FF for your RSS, you won't be able to anymore, sadly. And the discussion on the Bugzilla thread cut in no uncertain terms on Sep 11, with:
"Ok, that's enough of that.
Once again, while we realize that this is a contentious decision, it is also a decision that's been made. Alternatives have been provided, both in-product via a web-extension and externally, and we have no reason to re-litigate this decision.
Please consider this a polite reminder that this editbugs-privileged-users-only discussion is effectively resolved. Anyone who would like to continue this discussion in a way that does not meaningfully advance this bug towards that resolution will find their comments, and possibly their ability to make comments, subject to immediate moderation."
Thank you both for the explanation/information. :-)

Splatsch: Lack of compatibility with "other" (or simply older versions of) browsers is becoming more and more common. I begin to have the feeling of slowly coming back to the 90's where pages were "optimized" to only IE (or Firefox at best).
For GOG... I kinda understand their choice but... here it really needs improvements when browsing on a computer if they want to go this way.
When you sell computer games, indeed, let people see easily (and conveniently) your site on their computers at least.
I wouldn't mind this kind of design if they weren't such an hassle to navigate through, to find the infos I want... Now, what a loss of time so often ! (not talking only about GOG here ;)) And I'm not even talking about the often lower performances on the browser :P (same)
I hope we'll see fixes (especially for broader browsers compatibility) and improvement. I've got good hopes : every time there was a controversial update, they tried to listen to our complaints/grips and do something about it.
and
FlockeSchnee: And for the topic:
I like that reviews can be filtered now. Everything else new I will probably get used to.
Splatsch: +1 for the filters :)
I really hope that they'll listen to our issues and that there will be adjustments :P
In current state it's certain that I'll be less likely to want to spend time wandering through main page and gamepages because all the gripes I explained, which is sad :S
Game pages look either empty (lots of blank space) or cluttered to me. Concerning "cluttered": They are informations about the game, of course. But to me it feels like those informations are thrown in my face, not simply shown to me. It will take some getting used to.
When a design choice makes you rethink if you want to wander and see if you may find something for you, it is sad. I like wandering gog too. It seems to be more difficult now to just stumble across something. I can't explain it.
We will see, if there will be adjustments of some kind. Or maybe just option choices one could select according to their preferences (again: I don't know about these internet things, so I don't know, if that is actually possible or an "all or nothing" kind of thing).

For/To me this "Curated collections" section is a good idea. I would like if they would add something like an art+music focused collection, I just don't know if that would be interesting for enough people, especially since art+music isn't all that important for playing a game and it might be difficult to come to a consensus about what the definition of "noteworthy" art/music is I guess. Same goes for a collection of games which involve cards (mechanics) in some way, although at least this would be about actual gameplay not "just" looks/audio.

We will see what other/additional changes might come (or not).
Post edited October 04, 2018 by FlockeSchnee
high rated
Carradice: Yes. distracting people with layout changes provides a good opportunity for far deeper changes.
Besides the new wording "In Library" also the GOG values have disappeared from the front page, like fair price policy, advantages of DRM free and so on...
Carradice: Yes. distracting people with layout changes provides a good opportunity for far deeper changes.
ChrisSZ: Besides the new wording "In Library" also the GOG values have disappeared from the front page, like fair price policy, advantages of DRM free and so on...
It's part of the new FCK VLS initiative.
FlockeSchnee: Thank you both for the explanation/information. :-)
You're welcome, always a pleasure to try to help :)

FlockeSchnee: [...]
We will see, if there will be adjustments of some kind. Or maybe just option choices one could select according to their preferences (again: I don't know about these internet things, so I don't know, if that is actually possible or an "all or nothing" kind of thing).
Yeah, having an option is possible. Gmail did an update lately, clearly oriented towards smartphones/tablets and... you have 3 choices of display ! Something like "default" (= tablet, smartphone), "normal" (slightly condensed and more functional but still clearly oriented "tablet/smartphone"), "compact" (the one I choose : what looks the most like a convenient mail inbox, but still with this tablet spirit.). But this asks for lot of work for the webdesigner for what I know : things must go well for each option user can choose :P

FlockeSchnee: For/To me this "Curated collections" section is a good idea. I would like if they would add something like an art+music focused collection, I just don't know if that would be interesting for enough people, especially since art+music isn't all that important for playing a game and it might be difficult to come to a consensus about what the definition of "noteworthy" art/music is I guess. Same goes for a collection of games which involve cards (mechanics) in some way, although at least this would be about actual gameplay not "just" looks/audio.

We will see what other/additional changes might come (or not).
"Curated collections" are not a bad idea, I do agree.... but only if we can get GOG mixes back :P (which is planed I read somewhere from a blue in the forum) Because... Even if I like the idea of "official" suggested lists related to some themes, the GOGmixes were really interesting and usefull, and it was from GOGers (which created another kind link towards other GOG users = more the feeling of a community sharing their passion about gaming).
But yeah, curation lists can be a good thing too, especially if they try to create "original" lists. For me "good" or "bad" things are always subjective... Music, games etc... so why not a "game worth playing and who have a good soundtracks" list ? (following your example) If the idea is to suggest what GOG thinks is interesting, why not ? Like for game testers, not everyone think/feel the same, so that's not a problem for me if they do some thematic suggestion :)
If I had to choose between the two, without hesitation I would take GOGMixes. If we can have both... well that's nice !

Yeah, we'll see ! If there are changes, it'll certainly takes some time unfortunately : webdesign isn't easy :P

Edit : Here you can see 3 screenshot of the view options in gmail :
https://9to5google.com/wp-content/uploads/sites/4/2018/04/new-gmail-view-1.jpg?quality=82&strip=all
https://9to5google.com/wp-content/uploads/sites/4/2018/04/new-gmail-view-2.jpg?quality=82&strip=all
https://9to5google.com/wp-content/uploads/sites/4/2018/04/new-gmail-view-3.jpg?quality=82&strip=all
Post edited October 04, 2018 by Splatsch
rjbuffchix: To each their own, but I'd say count your lucky stars!
I tried to compare Windows and Linux user experience with the platform. Yes, installer is the most important thing, it's our freedom to run our games as we like (online, offline, on main PC or old laptop without linking it to gog ecosystem). So that's the only equal service for M$ and Tux. Everything else is lacking while Steam gives same access to its features.

Anyone knows why there's still no galaxy for Linux and if it is still on roadmap?
Splatsch: snip
So "choose a view" would be possible if you have the "manpower" to do and maintain it.

I liked the gog mixes too, but they were usually outdated. I think I remember that it was mostly due to this function being disabled sometime in the past. Now that the "big change" took place, maybe gog will add the ability to create gog mixes again, when everything concerning the "big change" is "wrapped up".
FlockeSchnee: So "choose a view" would be possible if you have the "manpower" to do and maintain it.
Yep. And the will of course ;)

FlockeSchnee: I liked the gog mixes too, but they were usually outdated. I think I remember that it was mostly due to this function being disabled sometime in the past. Now that the "big change" took place, maybe gog will add the ability to create gog mixes again, when everything concerning the "big change" is "wrapped up".
Some GOGmixes were outdated, some... weren't that useful, but... some were really nice too : to discover good games with a nice little review, to know where to find the manual of some games, etc... I was using them regularly and I miss them :S
That's possible. Yeah, I hope so ! I saw a blue saying they wanted to put it back : that's a good sign :) (even if of course we don't know when :P)
high rated
Splatsch: Some GOGmixes were outdated, some... weren't that useful, but... some were really nice too : to discover good games with a nice little review, to know where to find the manual of some games, etc... I was using them regularly and I miss them :S
That's possible. Yeah, I hope so ! I saw a blue saying they wanted to put it back : that's a good sign :) (even if of course we don't know when :P)
A blue said that and at least two people reported being told by support that they won't be, so...
ChrisSZ: Besides the new wording "In Library" also the GOG values have disappeared from the front page, like fair price policy, advantages of DRM free and so on...
Indeed. THAT is even more worrying. Though hardly surprising. GOG hasn't stood for much of anything, bar maybe DRM free for single player and if you accept cut down versions of some games and being behind on updates on many others, in years.
Post edited October 04, 2018 by Cavalary
Cavalary: A blue said that and at least two people reported being told by support that they won't be, so...
:S
Well, "wait and see" I guess for now :P
Cavalary: A blue said that and at least two people reported being told by support that they won't be, so...
Splatsch: :S
Well, "wait and see" I guess for now :P
Then again, both may be true. What I gathered from that blue comment was more along the lines of these new "curated collections" being opened to users eventually and replacing mixes that way, but at the moment these collections seem to just lead to a search output, possibly a somewhat complex one, in catalog, no place for comments, ratings or custom sorting.
Crosmando: Yeah it's garbage, GOG's web development is hopeless.
ped7g: I'm not even sure what to think about this... every year it feels more and more like GOG would actually love to drop linux as platform completely (I mean that's the FEEL of the changes, wording, etc). It's maybe just cutting some costs and not thinking new changes thoroughly and linux is here to stay? But it feels like it actually may be step by tiny step phasing it into oblivion... :/

Now this is even more disturbing to me, than some layout change :/
I don't like this site redesign any more than the next person, but I can't see gog ditching Linux support. For a start, it is the developers that choose which platforms to support, not the distributor. If platform independent APIs (like opengl) are chosen then it makes no sense not to have a Linux version. I mean seriously, could you imagine a situation where Steam have all versions available, but gog don't support Linux because ...um well they can't be bothered – I can't see that happening.

The most annoying addition I have found with the new site design is that Pale Moon support appears to be broken now. The site just seems to hang when I attempt to sign in through Pale Moon, but I find the browser to be otherwise reliable.
djoxyk: Anyone knows why there's still no galaxy for Linux and if it is still on roadmap?
Because when they mentioned galaxy first, and some users (like me) gave them some advice how to proceed about its development, they knew better, and did it other way...

basically their developers are clowns, seems luckily the most talented ones are hacking old games to work on new systems, which I hope will stay like that, but the galaxy and web teams are pathetic on my scale of programming skills rating.

edit:
And about "still on roadmap", no, it's officially on hiatus with no action in near future planned. May get reconsidered later. Personally I don't expect it to happen within next 3y even if they would want, and at this moment they don't.
Post edited October 04, 2018 by ped7g
high rated
Dear Moderator, censorship and abusing of edit privileges should be reserved for cursing and abusive behavior.
Dear GOG, please fire your new website designer.

I don't need game videos to load when I am just browsing products. (the little "buttons" for lack of a better word)
I need game pages that aren't broken and load as they should.
Post edited October 04, 2018 by Koitenshin
high rated
100 % dislike. looks like humblebundle now. Oveview completely destroyed. Old design was much more efficient and faster. I did not have to scroll over the whole screen to watch screenshots. Now everything is mega modern, but looks extremely ineffcient. WHY? WHY? destroy something working only to proove that the website design unit is still needed? It WAS already optimized. Changes just to do SOMETHING never lead to good results. Optimisation means finding energy minimum, not doing something becaus we NEED new design because everybody does it now....