It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

high rated
The verified owners' rating is pretty much the only useful change that came with this entire overhaul, but it's not used to its full potential. For example, there's already the option to sort the catalogue by user rating, I'd like to have an option to sort it by the verified users' rating, as it is much more reliable.
4-vektor: I like that they finally added a function that should have been there right from the start: Finally games on sale are included in the search for price categories.
That option has been already there. For a long, long time...
Cavalary: Actually for Stellaris it's there, under features, assuming GOG likes your browser. For some other games it isn't though.
trusteft: It only appears on the standard edition. Not Nova or Galaxy edition.
I added in my basket the Nova edition and there is nothing, no DLC etc anywhere in the store page.
Ah, yes, good point.

4-vektor: I like that they finally added a function that should have been there right from the start: Finally games on sale are included in the search for price categories.
Carradice: That option has been already there. For a long, long time...
Did it? (Not sure, actually asking.) I mean, considering the explanation in that post, "Before, you wouldn’t see any game on sale in e.g. “under €5”, even if the sales price would justify that. This seems to work, at least.", so taking into account current price, not full price.
Post edited October 04, 2018 by Cavalary
Cavalary: Did it? (Not sure, actually asking.) I mean, considering the explanation in that post, "Before, you wouldn’t see any game on sale in e.g. “under €5”, even if the sales price would justify that. This seems to work, at least.", so taking into account current price, not full price.
There were at least two confirmed options to look for discounted games. Maybe someone can provide more.

#1: In the front page, there is the section called GAMES FOR YOU where you could select "Popular", "New", "Upcoming" or "On sale" games. Just with one click you could check all the discounted games, with the ones that you already own faded out.

Actually with the changes they REMOVED the "On sale" label that allowed the visitor to check the discounted games with just one click. Very convenient on PC and more on mobile devices.

Yes, it has been a step back.

#2: In your wishlist, another option to filter the large numbers of discounted games in a sale, there is the option to visualize the games by price. Then, one of the options was "on sale". Similar to Steam and worked beautifully.
high rated
Yeah it's garbage, GOG's web development is hopeless.
Post edited October 04, 2018 by Crosmando
Carradice: There were at least two confirmed options to look for discounted games. Maybe someone can provide more.
You are missing the OP's explanation, which I quoted in my reply as well. From what I gather, that post didn't talk about seeing which games were on sale, but which games were below a certain price due to being on sale.
The one part I do like is that "purchase as a gift" shows instead of "add to cart" when I already own the game.
Carradice: There were at least two confirmed options to look for discounted games. Maybe someone can provide more.
Cavalary: You are missing the OP's explanation, which I quoted in my reply as well. From what I gather, that post didn't talk about seeing which games were on sale, but which games were below a certain price due to being on sale.
Possibly.

Still, the change in the storefront is for the worse.

Fix one, screw 10.
high rated
Crosmando: Yeah it's garbage, GOG's web development is hopeless.
A very cheap way to get your GOG forum reputation up... I gave you "+" rating too... :)

Meanwhile, I was worried about that "owned" -> "in library" wording transformation in first place, so I didn't really focus on the web changes before (although now it seems there are only two persons worried about that wording, and nobody from GOG will comment, so what can I do more, except hope for the best...).

But now I did browse gog a bit more, and I still mostly don't like the changes, also some things... are even hard to believe. For example why I get "HW reqirements" tab switched always for windows and it doesn't remember... WAIT A SECOND ...

There used to be some kind of setting of my favourite platform, right? It must have been, because the checkout page still warns me about any game which does not support linux natively.

But I can't find way to set this preferred platform any more...

I'm not even sure what to think about this... every year it feels more and more like GOG would actually love to drop linux as platform completely (I mean that's the FEEL of the changes, wording, etc). It's maybe just cutting some costs and not thinking new changes thoroughly and linux is here to stay? But it feels like it actually may be step by tiny step phasing it into oblivion... :/

Now this is even more disturbing to me, than some layout change :/
Post edited October 04, 2018 by ped7g
high rated
ped7g: I was worried about that "owned" -> "in library" wording transformation in first place, so I didn't really focus on the web changes before (although now it seems there are only two persons worried about that wording, and nobody from GOG will comment, so what can I do more, except hope for the best...).

[...]

I'm not even sure what to think about this... every year it feels more and more like GOG would actually love to drop linux as platform completely (I mean that's the FEEL of the changes, wording, etc). It's maybe just cutting some costs and not thinking new changes thoroughly and linux is here to stay? But it feels like it actually may be step by tiny step phasing it into oblivion... :/

Now this is even more disturbing to me, than some layout change :/
Yes. distracting people with layout changes provides a good opportunity for far deeper changes.

Now that you mention it, the change of wording IS worrying.

Common sense: the most modifiable and easy to manipulate of all senses.

Common sense for GOG customers a few years ago was using the GOG downloader, not strapping the games to any client, freedom to do whatever the customer wants with the files of the games that had been payed for with hard earned cash.

Then, one nudge here, another nudge there, little step by little step.

But what is the point of slowly adopting bad practices of other online stores, if in the end Steam remains much better at being Steam that GOG will ever be.

You cannot be GOG and Steam at once.
Carradice: You cannot be GOG and Steam at once.
they won't be Steam till there's no galaxy for Linux. Steam provides same experience for Windows and Linux gamers - achievements, cloud saves, managing your games. GOG can't be bothered to let Linux users enjoy achievements and time tracking ingame. GOG is 10 years old and what Linux users have is just Linux game installers.
high rated
The worst thing for me is the relegation of the News section to the bottom of the page. But, yeah, not a big fan of the new site, either.

Thing is that those changes usually have a lot of studies behind them and probably the conclusion was that this is the kind of look that most people would like to see. And the changes are clearly aimed towards the newer generations and not towards users over a certain age. We may not like it, but things are constantly changing and not always for better.
djoxyk: GOG is 10 years old and what Linux users have is just Linux game installers.
To each their own, but I'd say count your lucky stars! To me, this is along the lines of saying "they updated the main page and store page, but didn't get to the forum yet. It won't be true parity until the text posts are replaced with reaction videos". Oh crap, I hope I didn't just inadvertently spearhead that idea! :p
high rated
Well, the new gog.com definitely gives Win 10 vibes and I can't say that it makes me feel comfortable...
viperfdl: Well, the new gog.com definitely gives Win 10 vibes and I can't say that it makes me feel comfortable...
I think the vibe is more Win 8.
Maybe with the Win 10's adaptations to Win 8
This is way I have stayed with Win 7.