It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

fronzelneekburm:
Cavalary: Happened a good 2 months ago, they confirmed it was disabled and with no ETA on it changing...
Yes this is the latest info..
Cavalary: Happened a good 2 months ago, they confirmed it was disabled and with no ETA on it changing...
Ashleee: Yes this is the latest info..
Customer support diabled? Alright....... NOT all right. (I know you just made it harder to reach support.)
high rated
The old site was much better. And by old I mean like 2013. It's just been getting gradually worse ever since.
Post edited May 14, 2019 by plagren
Ashleee: Yes this is the latest info..
Themken: Customer support diabled? Alright....... NOT all right. (I know you just made it harder to reach support.)
No, only My Activities is disabled.

This should not affect access to support page or the contact form.
high rated
elcook: Let me start with the performance improvements that were introduced. We know that especially during bigger sales, at least some of you were experiencing big slowdowns of the website, that made browsing through the offer, especially on the front page, very hard. Since the past few weeks, those issues should not happen for anyone as we’ve worked on making the site run faster and smoother no matter how many things are featured there.
I do not know where you see these performance improvements. I cannot judge the front page as your last site update finally taught me to avoid it because of the bad S/N ratio. But it's definitely not the case for other GOG pages. Simple pages like the forum pages require a lot of CPU while being idle. Even worse, meanwhile these pages still require a lot of CPU when the tabs with the pages are in the background and not active. Visiting GOG's web site is getting more and more annoying. I miss the times when I could take my time browsing GOG, open a lot of game pages, reading forum threads about the games and decide about what to buy. When I do that today my CPU fan instantly starts to howl and loudly reminds me to close these bothering pages as soon as possible...
Post edited May 15, 2019 by eiii
high rated
I really wish GOG would be more hard on developers.

ND with blood as I said there but that wasn't really the place so I'll re-post it here:

It just annoys me that we have to go to third party sites to get info on Blood Fresh Supply. Steam gets a fresh forum for the Fresh Supply release, and still has the original for sale. And gets the odd post from ND's staff there (but still generally gets left in the dark unless you're on Discord and use them.)

GOG gets shafted gets the original de-listed. And gets to use the original's forums, no ND's staff at all (nothing about the 1.8.8 release was posted here at all officially.) And we have to rely on Steam or Discord.
Bumping for manual sorting.
https://www.gogalaxy.com/en/

Uh... do I see manual sorting here? If I'm not mistaken, will this mean that we'll have it back for our web libraries too?
Pond86: I really wish GOG would be more hard on developers.

ND with blood as I said there but that wasn't really the place so I'll re-post it here:

It just annoys me that we have to go to third party sites to get info on Blood Fresh Supply. Steam gets a fresh forum for the Fresh Supply release, and still has the original for sale. And gets the odd post from ND's staff there (but still generally gets left in the dark unless you're on Discord and use them.)

GOG gets shafted gets the original de-listed. And gets to use the original's forums, no ND's staff at all (nothing about the 1.8.8 release was posted here at all officially.) And we have to rely on Steam or Discord.
It's almost like Steam gets 95% of sales and developers have limited time.
I avoid the shop pages as much as possible now.

My solution is that from time to time I read the RSS feed for interesting new releases and use a self-written script to process the offers and printing out in the command line interface of my computer the relevant deals for me.

This script also confirmed my suspicions regarding deals that if you strip off the bait deals, but I can live with it, this does not cost me much of my time anymore. I mostly resettled back on Steam and use GOG for DRM free backup (read: I buy DRM free versions of games here I already own on Steam which have acceptable deals) except there are interesting releases like the Blizzard stuff.

Although I signed up for Galaxy client 2.0 closed beta, this stuff was already promised with the original Galaxy Client. This style of GOG is very telling and fits well in their behaviour. They may have cared long ago more for their customers, but it seems the balance between this and their intended roadmap have been shifted long ago for the latter and course corrections are only done if ever if there is enough protest.

Will wait for the day when GOG Galaxy finally becomes mandatory, they are trying their best to reach that goal. Yes, this is known that this will kill GOG, so this will be done slowly, step by step.

Release date of GOG Galaxy 2.0? This will be the day, Cyberpunk 2077 will be released, like the first one was released for Witcher 3.
Post edited May 29, 2019 by coffeecup
low rated
Pond86: Steam still has the original for sale.

GOG gets shafted gets the original de-listed.
If I remember correctly, after the huge outcry over the de-listing of the original versions of Baldur's Gate, Icewind Dale and Planetescape: Tournament, some staff member from Beamdog claimed that it was actually gog's idea to delist the old original versions and sell them bundled with Beamdog's remastered versions instead.

At the time I filed this claim under "Yeah, right! Gog are the saviours of PC gaming and Beamdog are assholes out to make a quick buck! This was Beamdog's doing all the way!"

But with Beamdog's claim in mind, I would not entirely be surprised if they were telling the truth all along and gog pulled the original versions (to sell price-hiked remasters) at their own volition. In Beamdog's case, gog could easily get away with it, since these titles weren't sold anywhere else. In the case of Blood, it's a little different...

In which case, the publisher (Night Dive) didn't shaft gog, but gog shafts its own customers.
fronzelneekburm: If I remember correctly, after the huge outcry over the de-listing of the original versions of Baldur's Gate, Icewind Dale and Planetescape: Tournament, some staff member from Beamdog claimed that it was actually gog's idea to delist the old original versions and sell them bundled with Beamdog's remastered versions instead.

At the time I filed this claim under "Yeah, right! Gog are the saviours of PC gaming and Beamdog are assholes out to make a quick buck! This was Beamdog's doing all the way!"

But with Beamdog's claim in mind, I would not entirely be surprised if they were telling the truth all along and gog pulled the original versions (to sell price-hiked remasters) at their own volition. In Beamdog's case, gog could easily get away with it, since these titles weren't sold anywhere else. In the case of Blood, it's a little different...

In which case, the publisher (Night Dive) didn't shaft gog, but gog shafts its own customers.
I didn't know that GOG wanted to remove the older versions of Baldur's Gate. I thought that was Beamdog's doing.

Taking the above into account, its very likely that it was GOG that wanted to merge Blood together. (You would of thought that they would of learnt from the outcry from Baldur's Gate, Icewind Dale, Planetscape and Simon that it is not a popular move and shouldn't be done.)

So much for this place being made for gamers then.
Pond86: (You would of thought that they would of learnt from the outcry from Baldur's Gate, Icewind Dale, Planetscape and Simon that it is not a popular move and shouldn't be done.)

So much for this place being made for gamers then.
Pfft, if it stands to earn them money, they'll do it, other stuff doesn't matter. Well, unless it's really a huge outcry, in which case they try some damage limitation PR, and still push forward with at least the vast majority of the plan.
low rated
Cavalary: Well, unless it's really a huge outcry
Or, to be more precise, unless there is a really huge outcry over something they can't easily and convincingly blame on somebody else.
Finally there is the game name written under the thumbnail. Looks much better.