It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

joppo: What I gotta reinforce tho is that we need a definite solution for the bug that hides the information whether we own a game or not. It is a particularly grating problem in huge sales like the Japanese-themed sale last week: too many games to check individually.
retrojacsi: Hi! Exactly. Simply impossible one after one checking the games and doesn't exist "I have already this game/ own in library" filter. If we have a few hundred games, we cant buy from you, I don't want spend hours ith this annoying thing. I miss this weekend sales TOO, like some other... So, please GOG do something.
You mean you don't get them at the bottom of latest sale, like this
Indie Sale - Items You Own

That's using Pale Moon (Firefox) with GOG specific user scripts (Barefoot Essentials, and Adalia Fundamentals)
Just tried Chrome which doesn't list the games in sale I already own.
Chrome just shows all games as if I don't own them, weird.

So not seeing any "Bug" on Pale Moon, maybe your browsers the problem, as that does change what I see, but that might be due to my GOG user scripts, not just being a Firefox based browser.

I wouldn't dream of using GOG without those user scripts, as they make the site much better.
Post edited April 29, 2019 by UhuruNUru
retrojacsi: Hi! Exactly. Simply impossible one after one checking the games and doesn't exist "I have already this game/ own in library" filter. If we have a few hundred games, we cant buy from you, I don't want spend hours ith this annoying thing. I miss this weekend sales TOO, like some other... So, please GOG do something.
UhuruNUru: You mean you don't get them at the bottom of latest sale, like this

That's using Pale Moon (Firefox) with GOG specific user scripts (Barefoot Essentials, and Adalia Fundamentals)
Just tried Chrome which doesn't list the games in sale I already own.
Chrome just shows all games as if I don't own them, weird.

So not seeing any "Bug" on Pale Moon, maybe your browsers the problem, as that does change what I see, but that might be due to my GOG user scripts, not just being a Firefox based browser.

I wouldn't dream of using GOG without those user scripts, as they make the site much better.
The issue was identified a long time ago (and it has nothing to do with specific browsers). GOG just hasn't bothered to fix it, just like a lot of other things on this website.
lolplatypus: Which as a user I could replicate with tags and giving every game in my library its own tag, then sort those tags. That would work, but it would be silly and tags couldn't really be used for anything else in that case.
Just want to mention: not even this works as there's a limit of 50 tags.
Lucumo: The issue was identified a long time ago (and it has nothing to do with specific browsers). GOG just hasn't bothered to fix it, just like a lot of other things on this website.
So how do you explain I don't get the issue on pale moon, but do on chrome, if browser makes no difference?
As my pic shows, I get owned games separated at bottom of the page.

If it's because I'm using GOG specific user scripts (Barefoot Essentials, and Adalia Fundamentals) , they can be used with any browser, that allows a extension like Greasemonkey, which is what I use.

Not saying GOG shouldn't fix this, and everything those user scripts do for me, just saying why wait, when you can use them.
Lucumo: The issue was identified a long time ago (and it has nothing to do with specific browsers). GOG just hasn't bothered to fix it, just like a lot of other things on this website.
UhuruNUru: So how do you explain I don't get the issue on pale moon, but do on chrome, if browser makes no difference?
As my pic shows, I get owned games separated at bottom of the page.

If it's because I'm using GOG specific user scripts (Barefoot Essentials, and Adalia Fundamentals) , they can be used with any browser, that allows a extension like Greasemonkey, which is what I use.

Not saying GOG shouldn't fix this, and everything those user scripts do for me, just saying why wait, when you can use them.
Cookies differ per browser.
elcook: ...
I think I missed this, thanks for the info! Showing what titles are owned should be a major priority, based on the posts I've seen on the forum at least. And please keep pushing devs and pubs to update their games; I know it's a fine line to walk as GOG doesn't have a lot of leverage but GOG needs to keep their reputation for new games afloat too.
Lucumo: The issue was identified a long time ago (and it has nothing to do with specific browsers).
or
Lucumo: Cookies differ per browser.
Second statement, implies it does have something to do with specific browsers, and contradicts your first,
Lucumo: The issue was identified a long time ago (and it has nothing to do with specific browsers).
UhuruNUru: or
Lucumo: Cookies differ per browser.
UhuruNUru: Second statement, implies it does have something to do with specific browsers, and contradicts your first,
It has nothing to do with specific browsers and that shouldn't be hard to comprehend. Each browser has its own cookies but that's no browser-specific feature or difference or anything. It just means that if you delete your cookies in browser A, it doesn't affect the cookies in browser B. So writing somthing like "it works in Firefox but not Chrome" is utterly pointless since for another person it can be the other way around, simply because of the cookies.
Been a while, since i last visited GoG.
Switched to Waterfox, and apparently gog works normally now. No login problem, news section shows up, and even those awful autoplay videos don't pop up (or did gog finally remove that feature?). Still think the website looks ugly and not very functional (do i realy need to scroll so much just so i can get to the forum below the game description (since everything appears to be as huge as the last time i visited gog.com) and news are still located at the bottom).

This description is new:
We are GOG.COM, the DMR-free (nice to see this back in the front page) home for a curated selection of games (if by that you mean those useless tiles, that are wasting a lot of space at the front page! I still want gog mixes back!). This place was made for gamers (yeah maybe before the 10th anniversary, and galaxy everywhere) so make yourself at home. Explore Galaxy (This isn't something you should advertise, Steam has a client, Ubisoft has Uplay, pretty sure EA has something (didn't buy an EA game in ages) and I'm guessing many others. In short this doesn't make you special, it makes you look like your copy pasting everyone else, not to mention that DOWNLOAD GALAXY is all over the place).

I would still like the old design back, but at least the website works normally now.
Post edited May 10, 2019 by 00063
00063: Been a while, since i last visited GoG.
Switched to Waterfox, and apparently gog works normally now. No login problem, news section shows up, and even those awful autoplay videos don't pop up (or did gog finally remove that feature?). Still think the website looks ugly and not very functional (do i realy need to scroll so much just so i can get to the forum below the game description (since everything appears to be as huge as the last time i visited gog.com) and news are still located at the bottom).

This description is new:
We are GOG.COM, the DMR-free (nice to see this back in the front page) home for a curated selection of games (if by that you mean those useless tiles, that are wasting a lot of space at the front page! I still want gog mixes back). This place was made for gamers (yeah maybe before the 10th anniversary, and galaxy everywhere) so make yourself at home. Explore Galaxy (This isn't something you should advertise, Steam has has a client, Ubisoft has Uplay, pretty sure EA has something (didn't buy an EA game in ages). In short this doesn't make you special, it makes you look like your copy pasting everyone else).

I would still like the old design back, but at least the website works normally now.
They did get rid of the autoplaying, and the whole tiles getting bigger when you hover thing, and made the title always show up again.

Regarding curation, no, they're referring to the fact that they pick what games to add to catalog out of those submitted to them by devs, don't just allow whatever comes.

I'd argue that the by gamers, for gamers thing went away long before the 10th anniversary.

As for the client, that's the point, they're trying to be the same... while still paying some lip service, but little else, to standing out.
00063: Been a while, since i last visited GoG.

This description is new:
We are GOG.COM, the DMR-free (nice to see this back in the front page) home for a curated selection of games (if by that you mean those useless tiles, that are wasting a lot of space at the front page! I still want gog mixes back). This place was made for gamers (yeah maybe before the 10th anniversary, and galaxy everywhere) so make yourself at home. Explore Galaxy (This isn't something you should advertise, Steam has has a client, Ubisoft has Uplay, pretty sure EA has something (didn't buy an EA game in ages). In short this doesn't make you special, it makes you look like your copy pasting everyone else).

Cavalary: They did get rid of the autoplaying, and the whole tiles getting bigger when you hover thing, and made the title always show up again.
I guess thats at least a small step in the right direction. Glad they are permanently gone.
For me on the main page still in the first top banner, if I stay on the page for a 3-5 seconds, the youtube video pops out and plays, so I learned to click on "community" tab quickly enough to avoid that.
00063: I guess thats at least a small step in the right direction. Glad they are permanently gone.
There are still a few autoplaying videos around the site though. So they are not totally gone.
When clicking on "My activities" on the gog support page, I'm directed to a blank page that says "This page was disabled. Please use the link provided in the e-mail to access your ticket." Does the same thing happen to everyone else as well?

That would suck, because the customer support (and the support center that kept track of my tickets) was one of the things I really, really, REALLY genuinely, honestly liked about gog.
fronzelneekburm:
Happened a good 2 months ago, they confirmed it was disabled and with no ETA on it changing...