It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Lucumo: ...They will either not bother at all, or just use the forum (like me) instead and catch what releases/news they catch and miss whatever they miss. ...
That's another important thing. GOG should not only listen to feedback but should also examine customer behavior and do some A/B testing. They should already know how many more or less people now visit the start page and scroll down to the news and click on the news compared to the old version of before the anniversary update. This should already give them a strong indication of which changes were positive and which were negative. Instead of putting the news back somewhere they could try the couple of ideas they have and see where people are most likely to read them. Probably they are doing such things anyway already.
high rated
elcook: If you mean when you hover over a game tile, this won't be changed.
Pond86: The hover over video is my biggest issue with the site. And I know alot of other people hate this too. At least add the option to turn them off.
I'm logging in very rarely but I will consider to spend time to log in everyday when I'm visit gog if I could turn that annoying feature off.
It's ridiculous that I have to watch out if my cursor will touch game tile to not be annoyed by delay and meantime I have to do it to see game title.
low rated

Post edited December 12, 2018 by Fairfox
high rated
topolla: It's ridiculous that I have to watch out if my cursor will touch game tile to not be annoyed by delay and meantime I have to do it to see game title.
We are all in that same boat.

I just don't see the need for them and why GOG seem to want them so much, they are very customer un-friendly. (Thats like site design 101, never put on auto-playing videos.) Even Steam doesn't have them.

Also they don't even work, if you have tracking enabled in FF. You hover they will load and the video will fail to load, (with a resource failing to load due to content blocking error.) I still want them gone though as they still seem to load, which makes FF hang. (Its only GOG that makes my browser hang.)
high rated
elcook: ...
I understand, why you have to remove the GOGMixes, but at least ome of them was very helpful: "Games that treat GOG customers as second class citizens". How do you want to (or do you want to at all) inform customers which game is outdated or without some features?

The hover over videos are very annoying even more than the big moving banner on the front page.

And why it took you so long to response to the criticism?
Post edited December 11, 2018 by mihuk
high rated
At the very least, could you add an option to toggle between the trailer playing and scrolling through the screenshots of the game (like when you hover over a game tile that has no trailer)?

A lot of trailers are simply not representitive of the game, and seeing the screenshots is much more informative.

Thank you for listening! :)
high rated
Lucumo: ...They will either not bother at all, or just use the forum (like me) instead and catch what releases/news they catch and miss whatever they miss. ...
Trilarion: That's another important thing. GOG should not only listen to feedback but should also examine customer behavior and do some A/B testing. They should already know how many more or less people now visit the start page and scroll down to the news and click on the news compared to the old version of before the anniversary update. This should already give them a strong indication of which changes were positive and which were negative. Instead of putting the news back somewhere they could try the couple of ideas they have and see where people are most likely to read them. Probably they are doing such things anyway already.
Exactly. While it is benefitial that we do provide feedback, the vast majority doesn't. They also don't have the patience to wait for something to be fixed or tinker around with things. They want everything to work and ideally work well. There is a reason why one only has one chance to make a good first impression or one chance to sell something.
For instance, if I was a new customer who isn't into the technical site and has no opinion on DRM and clients. When I visit both stores, I would always choose Steam because it has more games but also, I would choose Steam because the layout makes sense and everything works. Here, a lot of stuff looks weird, is messy and annoying and at worst, doesn't work (because bad web design). Well, the stats give them answers and I would be extremely surprised if it has been positive since October.
Pond86: ... Thats like site design 101, never put on auto-playing videos.) Even Steam doesn't have them. ...
Some news sites I visit have their videos on auto-playing and this is really annoying, especially when I have the sound volume high and suddenly a video starts playing without me expecting it, it may also annoy everyone around me.

GOG is unfortunately not alone.
The news section should go further back in time. Sometimes there are so many posts that the oldest vanish after a mere sixty hours or so. Not everyone visits the website daily like me.
high rated
elcook:
Remember this other thread as well.

Now, we finally get some communication, after 2 and 1/3 months. And that communication is largely PR, doesn't promise anything, doesn't give any deadlines... The only specific things said are some things that won't be done.

Among those things that won't be done is the removal of the autoplay on hover. One of the main requests just struck right down. Why is that? Gather that, on top of dismissing all those who dislike the idea, GOG specifically doesn't want anyone who's very careful about their bandwidth use due to a restrictive metered connection or anyone with a poor computer or who for any reason has little system resources free for browsing to be using their site. And it's not like you even can avoid hovering if you want to even see the title of the game (admittedly, it wasn't clearly specified that that won't return, but that's because it wasn't mentioned at all). And that lack of title on page also prevents searching for anything in browser, or scrolling through pages without likely needing minutes for each.

About GOGMixes, I doubt the spam or otherwise pointless ones showed up on too many game pages, since that was decided according to number of votes. And there were some quite useful mixes, and plenty of others there for anyone who cared, or many likely mainly for the personal use of their creators. Saying that they just didn't work with the new site so they were removed doesn't justify the move at all. If existing features no longer work after the change and can't be (or for any reason aren't) made to work, the change is the problem (remember manual sorting of library? still asking for that back, by the way). But, regarding mixes, deleting them completely was even worse, making even those who created them, not to mention anyone still using the useful ones, lose all the work put into them, without even, say, a copy of the data being e-mailed to the creators first. Mixes were, and would still be, an important community feature, but also an useful feature for people who just want to manage their games (not necessarily only those owned here) better.

About browsers, that's clear cut, you don't want people around who don't use the browsers you like. Me included. Well, I won't be changing my main browser for one site, and especially for a store, which should reach out to users on the users' terms, not the other way around. Stating again that I tried any other games store I could think of and they worked in IE11, as does any other store I use, and that as far as I'm aware, while quite a few other sites have issues in that case, seems like even my father can use any store he cares to just fine even on the computer still running XP and whatever old browsers work on that.

About filters, OS version filtering is important and seeing it removed was baffling, and I'd say bits would be useful as well when it comes to additions, whether a game is 32 only, 64 only or both. And requirements really should be higher on the game page again by the way, not requiring all that scrolling. Also, for those who care for MP, think that games that require Galaxy for MP should both get a filter and have the matter marked very clearly in a set way and position on the game page, if not even as an icon next to the OS ones, to be seen at a glance.

As for the news, the solution there is very simple, put them back where they were before and as a list, or at least on the other side, instead of those absolutely pointless "collections", if you want the games list on the left for some reason. But there's also the matter of them being just an image and a title, no more text at all, and that so few show up even in total (and way too few to be in any way useful show up at once)... But maybe the worst sign of the change in... mentality is the actual news posts themselves, which tend to just have a couple of sentences now, no longer being "news".
high rated
As someone who had to struggle with the internet to even see the "Add new post" pop-up, let me say this is a very bad idea.

My data plan for the entire household has a quota of only 100GBs at 15Mbps, which is alright until the quota eventually runs out (inevitable after half a month), then I get to live with 1Mbps for the rest of the month.

The whole autoplaying game tiles thing is bad for my quota, and bad for the terrible speed I put up with by the rest of the month. I have trouble trying to fathom how to download games like Darksiders III with a connection like this, let alone open a YouTube video every time my mouse just moves over a GOG store page.

This needs to be changed, it's one thing the forum is vocal about and even developed scripts to mitigate it - scripts that only work on Chrome or Firefox, but not GOG Galaxy.
Trilarion: Some news sites I visit have their videos on auto-playing and this is really annoying, especially when I have the sound volume high and suddenly a video starts playing without me expecting it, it may also annoy everyone around me.

GOG is unfortunately not alone.
Yep, television internet. In many ways, including that quite literal one. Something that must be fought against wherever it rears its head.
high rated
Lucumo: It's not just his issue. While the review system is definitely the nice, the character limitation and formatting is problematic. It's only a small thing but it would go a decent way and can probably be fixed rather quickly.

Will we be able to see game titles without hovering over them? It's really bothersome to have to do it for every (ugly) tile and currently impossible because I absolutely don't want any videos to be played. Like I said somewhere, the screenshots showing upon hovering is a quirky little thing but the game titles have to be shown at all times.
I'll bring the topic of character limitation and formatting in reviews to our devs, and see if and what can be done.

As for game titles visible in the catalogue view, it should be fixed wih the introduction of list view - coming soon™ ;)

Pond86: The hover over video is my biggest issue with the site. And I know alot of other people hate this too. At least add the option to turn them off.
topolla: I'm logging in very rarely but I will consider to spend time to log in everyday when I'm visit gog if I could turn that annoying feature off.
It's ridiculous that I have to watch out if my cursor will touch game tile to not be annoyed by delay and meantime I have to do it to see game title.
Ok, we will keep that in mind and put it on the list of things to look into.
high rated
So let's not change one of the biggest hated things about the new design... great. I've pretty much stopped using GOG since the redesign, I hoped things would change, but if that is the stance you want to take so be it. I'm done with GOG then.

Good luck with future, I'm tired of waiting for GOG to become what I wish it would be.
Post edited December 11, 2018 by BKGaming
BKGaming: So let's not change one of the biggest hated things about the new design... great. I've pretty much stopped using GOG since the redesign, I hoped things would change, but if that is the stance you want to take so be it. I'm done with GOG then.

Good luck with future, I'm tired of waiting for GOG to become what I wish it would be.
If you just look one post above yours, you'll see I'm saying we are taking this into consideration. At this moment this won't be changed, but we will look into it.