It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

tinyE: Someone used that term again.

Let the nut kicking commence.

Would you like something to bite down on for the pain?
jsjrodman: Sir or madam, do you have some sort of coat of arms or other symbol or mark that I may place upon my pennant and wave in a show of support?

And if not, why not? I seriously want to see that blocky squid involved in something vaguely middle-ages-esque.
Naah. Green on green doesn't work for heraldry, and even red on green is more or less against the rules. Doesn't stand out enough on the battlefield for you to notice it before you bash someone's skull in with a warhammer.

Otherwise I would totally wear the coat of arms of our squid lord. :p
Magmarock: The developer themselves was trying to make a point at how sensitive and political people are getting. Truth be told I think it's a good point.
No he wasn't. He was trying to draw attention to his other game, the one he intends to sell, otherwise he wouldn't have conveniently dropped this amount of details about it in the middle of his "explanation".

And it works : Before this pathetic attention grab, I wasn't even aware of the existence of this game, and now I'm somewhat curious about it. This kind of appeal to controversy so that people will aknowledge your existence (i.e. pretty much the definition of Trolling) is very efficient.

And the worst thing? I'm taking part in it and helping him to raise awareness, simply by being here and having this conversation. It's a really wicked PR stunt.
Post edited June 15, 2015 by Kardwill
Trust the good people of the world to not buy it and not to promote it. Nothing more.
jefequeso: Garbage like that doesn't deserve being talked about. If you talk about it, it just gets that much more exposure. Exactly what happened with Hatred.
monkeydelarge: Hatred isn't garbage though.
But nobody would be talking about it if certain journalism outlets hadn't singled it out with their morally-outraged spotlights.
monkeydelarge: Hatred isn't garbage though.
POLE7645: I do consider Hatred garbage, but not because it's offensive (and to be fair, outside of the gore, there's barely anything offensive about this game).

Hatred is competently made and that's all. It doesn't have a good story, interesting gameplay or even good graphics (everything's dull and gray) or sounds. It was made with virtually no effort whatsoever and sold only on the controversy it created. When the developpers put more effort on creating a controversy than actually making the damn game, something is really wrong.

Frankly, the fact that so little effort was put in the game should be more offensive than any of it's content.
You know, the devs actually did put a lot of effort into it, the physics are honestly pretty amazing for a small indie team. They are even working on patching it and optimizing it, then adding free DLC. They already started on their next project too.

Don't talk out of your ass just because you don't like something.
Post edited June 15, 2015 by JKHSawyer
POLE7645: I do consider Hatred garbage, but not because it's offensive (and to be fair, outside of the gore, there's barely anything offensive about this game).

Hatred is competently made and that's all. It doesn't have a good story, interesting gameplay or even good graphics (everything's dull and gray) or sounds. It was made with virtually no effort whatsoever and sold only on the controversy it created. When the developpers put more effort on creating a controversy than actually making the damn game, something is really wrong.

Frankly, the fact that so little effort was put in the game should be more offensive than any of it's content.
JKHSawyer: You know, the devs actually did put a lot of effort into it, the physics are honestly pretty amazing for a small indie team. They are even working on patching it and optimizing it, then adding free DLC. They already started on their next project too.

Don't talk out of your ass just because you don't like something.
So, a gimmick in the game that doesn't do anything is a reason to overlook the laziness and how shallow this game is? If the physics were part of the gameplay, or that something creative came out of it, I'd be impressed. And honestly, considering how shallow the gameplay is, the free DLC sounds like something put together in 2 hours tops.

I honestly don't see what kind of effort was put into it. This is basically a Newsground flash game designed by a 13 years old that somehow got a budget.