It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

noisegardener: From the RPS article:

Update: GOG got in touch to tell us that yup, they’ll discount Alan Wake this weekend too. If you want a DRM-free version, voila!
noisegardener:
Thanks for finding that. I updated the first post.
thanks for the heads up, i was on the fence about getting this for my library but i think the sale will allow it to happen
Grargar: The only instance that a removed game has lost its extras is when it returned to the store (Hostile Waters).
Didn't the same happen to Fallout 1 & 2?
DubConqueror: Didn't the same happen to Fallout 1 & 2?
No. The extras weren't removed from peoples' accounts.
I wonder why the sale hasn't started, seeing that it's already ongoing in other places? Oh well, I already have the Collector's Edition on Steam...
blotunga: I wonder why the sale hasn't started, seeing that it's already ongoing in other places? Oh well, I already have the Collector's Edition on Steam...
I'll be surprised if it actually happens. Friday is over, and GOG never does things over the weekend. I hope I'm wrong, but at best we'll probably get a brief sale on Monday right before the game gets pulled.
blotunga: I wonder why the sale hasn't started, seeing that it's already ongoing in other places? Oh well, I already have the Collector's Edition on Steam...
Marioface5: I'll be surprised if it actually happens. Friday is over, and GOG never does things over the weekend. I hope I'm wrong, but at best we'll probably get a brief sale on Monday right before the game gets pulled.
Here it says that GOG confirmed that there will be a sale. Maybe someone forgot to click somewhere?
blotunga: Here it says that GOG confirmed that there will be a sale. Maybe someone forgot to click somewhere?
Still early in Poland.
blotunga: Here it says that GOG confirmed that there will be a sale. Maybe someone forgot to click somewhere?
Grargar: Still early in Poland.
Well on a closer look the article does say 6PM Saturday, so there's time. It seems like the guys at indiegala pulled the trigger earlier.
That sucks. I never got a chance to play those games. Do you think those games will become available for sale again sooner or later?
Post edited May 13, 2017 by macuahuitlgog
AW + AN are fun enough time wasters, but rather forgettable. It still sucks that games keep disappearing due to stupid time-limited licenses.
macuahuitlgog: Do you think those games will become available for sale again sooner or later?
It's just Alan Wake that is going away now, and no, probably not. Less likely than XIII coming back.

EDIT: Apparently Remedy actually is looking into relicensing the music, so I guess it depends on how much money and effort they are willing to spend on it, This in turn probably has to do with how much money it was bringing in. So, not as bleak after all, but don't bet on it.
Post edited May 13, 2017 by Rixasha
mistermumbles: It still sucks that games keep disappearing due to stupid time-limited licenses.
Licensing has became a very big problem, here is really horrible example: https://www.theatlantic.com/technology/archive/2017/04/the-tragedy-of-google-books/523320/
iRevolt: How strange to stumble upon this post. A few days ago, me and some friends had a conversation regarding license of games and how mane games just become unavailable after they are put from storefronts digital.

Too bad this happens to Alan Wake, the game is gold. Everyone should buy it and play it.

p.s:
One thing about it, I guess people who purchased the game they keep it but what about the extras on Gog? Will extras be available to download after the game is taken off store?
GR00T: My advice is to DL everything and back it up in duplicate. It's happened before that GOG has had to remove some of the extras from your game shelf, while still allowing you to keep the game.
Yes, I did that. Back the sht up!

iRevolt: One thing about it, I guess people who purchased the game they keep it but what about the extras on Gog? Will extras be available to download after the game is taken off store?
Grargar: Up to date, the only instances that a removed game has lost its extras is when it, ironically, returned to the store.
Ok, thanks for information.
mistermumbles: It still sucks that games keep disappearing due to stupid time-limited licenses.
Andrey82: Licensing has became a very big problem, here is really horrible example: https://www.theatlantic.com/technology/archive/2017/04/the-tragedy-of-google-books/523320/
seriously heavy article. I'll finish reading it later.