It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Spectre: Alan Wakes gameplay totally sucked but the graphics and story were good.
Nah, the gameplay wasn't really its strong point, but still decent. They just overdid it with the amount of enemy encounters, and some more variety would have been nice, since you're fighting the same enemy types most of the time. But I liked the weapon selection and the general concept of using light as a weapon.
Ingsoc85: Sad to lose such a great game.

I hope that Remedy Entertainment will remove license material and the game will be back.
Wouldn't be the same without its current soundtrack. Kinda sad to think that a pirated copy might be the only way to experience it as the devs intended, for people who haven't already bought and played it.
Post edited May 12, 2017 by CharlesGrey
I'm kind of wondering how "complex" it can really be to remove those songs as Remedy states it as they're pretty much all contained to each game's episode's credits only.

Not sure whether that one piece of music during the Viking ranch section was licensed or not.
Pffft, sucks AW has to be removed. I got both of games here during one of the sales.
Oh man this is so awful! GOG make a 90% sale too please!
Ingsoc85: Sad to lose such a great game.

I hope that Remedy Entertainment will remove license material and the game will be back.
I always thought it was scummy the way Rockstar patched the music out of GTA3 for everyone - even the previous owners. I would hope if this happens GoG would have a separate version for previous owners to keep the game as complete as possible for those who bought before the license expired.
CharlesGrey: Wouldn't be the same without its current soundtrack.
Could not agree more. Hearing replacement music (or worse - nothing at all) instead of Roy Orbison's "In Dreams" or Nick Cave and the Bad Seeds' "Up Jumped The Devil" would just be a hollow experience.
Thank you for the heads up I have been looking at this game for a while and this makes me pull the trigger on buying it before its gone.
deleted
Hmmm, a last minute GOG Connect would be nice. Or that 90% off...
deleted
CharlesGrey: Wouldn't be the same without its current soundtrack. Kinda sad to think that a pirated copy might be the only way to experience it as the devs intended, for people who haven't already bought and played it.
Sure but it better than no game at all.
Strange, Alan Wake seems to be missing from my library at the moment. Only American Nightmare is there. Does anyone else have this problem?
A sale would be much appreciated GOG!
Wvel: Strange, Alan Wake seems to be missing from my library at the moment. Only American Nightmare is there. Does anyone else have this problem?
Nope, both are there on mine.
Found this: "Alan Wake is also sold on GOG, and will vanish from there too, but Remedy say they don’t have any control over discounts (or the lack thereof) on GOG."
Post edited May 12, 2017 by blotunga