It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

iRevolt: How strange to stumble upon this post. A few days ago, me and some friends had a conversation regarding license of games and how mane games just become unavailable after they are put from storefronts digital.

Too bad this happens to Alan Wake, the game is gold. Everyone should buy it and play it.

p.s:
One thing about it, I guess people who purchased the game they keep it but what about the extras on Gog? Will extras be available to download after the game is taken off store?
My advice is to DL everything and back it up in duplicate. It's happened before that GOG has had to remove some of the extras from your game shelf, while still allowing you to keep the game.
iRevolt: One thing about it, I guess people who purchased the game they keep it but what about the extras on Gog? Will extras be available to download after the game is taken off store?
Up to date, the only instances that a removed game has lost its extras is when it, ironically, returned to the store.
Grargar: Up to date, the only instances that a removed game has lost its extras is when it, ironically, returned to the store.
You are a veritable fount of information. I could have sworn there were goodies removed from some games before they returned. But I trust your info a lot more than my memory. :)
GR00T: You are a veritable fount of information. I could have sworn there were goodies removed from some games before they returned. But I trust your info a lot more than my memory. :)
Oh, make no mistake, extras have been removed from peoples' accounts. It's just that this only occurred to games that were still around (Astebreed and Little Big Adventure come to mind). The only instance that a removed game has lost its extras is when it returned to the store (Hostile Waters).

Having said that, Firek promised that this would never happen again.
Post edited May 12, 2017 by Grargar
Grargar: Oh, make no mistake, extras have been removed from peoples' accounts. It's just that this only occurred to games that were still around (Astebreed and Little Big Adventure come to mind).
Ah, this is what I was remembering.
Good riddance!
Alan Wake is an asshole!

I once asked him for an autograph and he called me a pathetic piece of shit and had one of his dick head body guards rough me up.

Or was that Justin Bieber?

Shit, I get those two confused.
tinyE: Alan Wake is an asshole!
Only cause of the panting. The amout of times i've sworn at that game on Nightmare......
Alan Wake is on my wishlist for ages. A - 90% sale on GOG would be appreciated.
Thanks for the warning! It's a great game, and I recommend that anyone with an interest in Horror and creepy Action-Adventure games should secure their copy before its too late. My only critique is, that the combat can feel a bit repetitive after a while. But it has great storytelling, characters, music and overall atmosphere. I remember the PC version seemed well polished and stable too, and should still look decent at maxed out settings.
Alan Wakes gameplay totally sucked but the graphics and story were good.
At least I already got the game several times. Maybe the GOG team also do a sale.
Sad to lose such a great game.

I hope that Remedy Entertainment will remove license material and the game will be back.
This is awful, I love both of those games. American Nightmare staying makes sense, I don't think they had the licensing stuff in that game. Hopefully they can update the original to fix this.

EDIT: Hadn't thought about the music. Not sure if American Nightmare would have a problem with that or not.
Post edited May 12, 2017 by Marioface5
Ingsoc85: I hope that Remedy Entertainment will remove license material and the game will be back.
Their responses on Twitter mention that it isn't that simple for them to fix and that it regards all licensed music in the game.
mechmouse: I don't get this time limitation on licensing. Not now. Sure back when games had limited production run, but Alan Wake was release in the Digital Download Era. Surely they should have thought of this issue before hand.
Clearsong: It's a matter of money. Perpetual licenses for music cost a LOT more than a time-limited license.

Also, according to the post on Steam it's JUST Alan Wake that's being removed. American Nightmare will still be there.
I didn't even consider the music. I figured it had to do with all of the Energizer and Verizon stuff the original included.