It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

As you’ve probably noticed, we love sharing our passion for games by giving you guys sales, special discounts, and overall awesome deals on your favourite titles on various occasions (like for example upcoming Black Friday!) or just because we’d like you to experience them and save some money.

We do that a lot, and while sometimes it is possible to miss a few of said deals here and there, we have a remedy for that to never happen: adding games you’d like to purchase on a Wishlist!

It is incredibly easy and convenient, so why not show you how to do that step by step? Let’s go!

Step one: Think of a game you’d like to know when it's discounted on GOG.

Step two: Go to its gamecard either on our store page or in GOG GALAXY client.

Step three: Just click “Wishlist it” under the “Add to cart” button and receive notifications when the game goes on discount.

Or you can make it even easier. If a game you’d like to wishlist caught your eye when browsing our store catalogues, just slide over it and click a heart icon - this way you don’t even need to go to its gamecard.

To access your Wishlist simply slide over your profile name when you're signed in on GOG website and click "Wishlist".

Also, when you're on active promo page of any sale, every game that you have wishlisted will appear there in a special "From your wishlist" tab.

But that’s not the only thing you can do. By signing up for the wishlist email alerts there’s no way you will ever miss the offers. Here’s how to do that:

First, go to our website. Then, when signed in, slide over your profile name and a list of tabs will appear.

Then, click “Orders & settings”. After you’re redirected to that tab, choose “Subscriptions” on the list on the left side.

All you need to do from that is to check “Wishlist alerts”.

And done! Now whenever games from your Wishlist go on promo you’ll receive an e-mail so you can grab that masterpiece with an amazing deal.

Pssst! We highly recommend doing just that because a certain promotion regarding everyone’s favourite day of the week is coming!
No idea, why this is "News", I'm using the wishlist this way for years.

But really ... 10% discounts I am not interested in. I won't buy a game because it costs 10% less.

If it's on my wishlist, then because I am interested, but the price is way too high for my taste.
When the discount reaches 40%, then we can start talking.

But I understand why they do it. "Hey! There is a discount" makes you look. And the more often you look, the higher is the chance that you buy something, maybe something that wasn't even on your wishlist.
SunNeverDies: My sidebar shows me 34 items, but wishlist page shows 33. How can I fix it? Someone have similar issue?
You have 34 on your wishlist, but one has been removed from the store and can't be shown.
If it ever gets back, all 34 will show.
You can't fix it.
Post edited November 21, 2022 by neumi5694
Wishlist alert email... has to be the most spammy and annoying feature of any store if you are a regular at least. Got one on 28.10, next 1.11., rushed to disable it. Maybe (s)lower sales here are for other reasons than lack of exposure.
Hey GOG devs i know you are proud of your work, but pop up for every window i open while i'm browsing to store pages of game i might purcase is just a form of Spam. STOP IT. It's annoying.
Indeed. Popups / modals are always annoying, and something like this, for such a basic and old feature, is even worse.
"Did you know you can add games to your wishlist?"

Well, considering the fact that I have 53 titles on my wishlist right now, yes, I think maybe, just maybe, I do know that. So why the hell are you spamming me with this question ON EVERY SINGLE PAGE?!?

I received an email offering an "exclusive" discount on Sherlock Holmes games, so I came to the website to check it out. Like most normal people, I wanted to look at the games to see if they interest me before making a purchase decision, but a big box appears, asking that stupid question, on every page. I read the message, click the "X" to close it, look at the next product, and the pop-up box appears again. After the fifth time, I simply closed the window without looking at the rest of the games, so your spammy advertising of your wishlist, which I've been using for years, is the direct cause of a lost sale.

Congratulations, GOG. Your incompetence has achieved the exact opposite result of what you wanted.
I was surprised by the idea of Pink Friday, it is an event a week before Dark Friday and it has appeared as a response to the waiting for Neo-Noir Friday.
Some titles should drop to the wishlist today.

source internet: "Pink Friday is a smallbusiness spin on the traditional Black Friday emphasis that promotes shopping at big box stores the day after Thanksgiving. The goal on Nov. 18 is to celebrate the businesses that are the backbone of local communities."

Hey! Aren't Gog.com that business?!

Pink Friday Deals, please! 💗
Post edited November 18, 2022 by user deleted
I thought wishlist function has been on gog for awhile now
Hapygoo: I thought wishlist function has been on gog for awhile now
Strike that, was sleepy I guess, confused the wishlists. Either way, this one has also existed for a very long time. See the comments about it changing in the thread about the 2014 redesign.
Post edited November 19, 2022 by Cavalary
neumi5694: No idea, why this is "News", I'm using the wishlist this way for years.

But really ... 10% discounts I am not interested in. I won't buy a game because it costs 10% less.

If it's on my wishlist, then because I am interested, but because the price is way too high for my taste.
When the discount reaches 40%, then we can start talking.
Same here, but there are many folk of course who put games on their wishlist because they cannot yet afford them. Whereas you by the sound of it are like me, and a game is an instant buy at the right price.

Have money, willing to spend .... at the right price ... that's retired me.

Let me add my voice to GOG ..... STOP SPAMMING ABOUT WISHLISTS. Stop treating us all like morons. Anyone who isn't aware of having a wishlist shouldn't be a customer, and if they are you are taking advantage of their simpleness or childish innocence.
Strange. Yesterday I commented in here about not appreciating these dishonest hurrah-marketing endeavors. That post apparently got eaten. PR department of GOG, once more: please don't assume your customers are idiots. A three-step guide to using the wishlist? Come on. Cheers.
Maybe I'm missing something because after all, I did suffer from a concussion about a week and a half ago, but I'm pretty sure that there's been a wish list option on the website since I first joined. I'm also not noticing anything new or different about it so...

I'm confused about what exciting new thing is going on with the GOG wish list feature here? O.o

Also it would be nice to be able to sort the wish list without setting it to sort by date added, removing and adding things to push them to the top of the list while hoping that the wish list doesn't derp all over itself by throwing the entry elsewhere.
Catventurer: Also it would be nice to be able to sort the wish list without setting it to sort by date added, removing and adding things to push them to the top of the list while hoping that the wish list doesn't derp all over itself by throwing the entry elsewhere.
Reminds me of the time when we could sort our libraries... At least we have tags there and can sort by tag order, so if they actually want to do something about wishlists to justify the promotion, adding that would be a step.