It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

zfarkas81:
Are you using the proprietary Nvidia or the Noveau drivers?

Start by changing to Nvidia's drivers if you are not already using them.
Post edited December 03, 2020 by Themken
Themken: Are you using the proprietary Nvidia or the Noveau drivers?
Yes, I'm using the proprietary Nvidia driver.
Engerek01: First of all, thank you very much for your hard work, much appreciated.

For NEVERWINTER NIGHTS 2

I received dxvk::DxvkError error while trying to run the game. I googled it and it suggested a lack of Vulkan drivers. I seem to have the latest versions for mesa-vulkan-drivers and libvulkan1 . I had also installed your meta-package a while ago.

The game actually runs fine when I simply double click the nwn2.exe and run it with wine. But I want to be able to play the game your way.

What can be the problem?
Try running the game with WINEDEBUG="" DXVK_LOG_LEVEL="" and see if any errors pop up in the terminal that give more information as to what's going on.

You could also try downloading a newer version of DXVK and updating it via the script's menus, or you can try playing using WineD3D instead if you set PROTON_USE_DXVK=0 when running the script (although in my experience NWN2 can have some rendering issues with that).
zfarkas81: Hi All,

First of all, thank you very much for the work performed. The installer work flawlessly, and also the game starts fine. However, when starting a new game, or loading a previous save (moved from a Windows installation of Prey), the screen misses any content but the HUD is displayed. Also, when pressing ESC, the screen is rather "noisy".
Have you met something like this before? Attached a screenshot on how this looks like.

It's an up-to-date Xubuntu 20.04.1 LTS, running on an i7-8750H and a GeForce GTX 1050 Ti.

Thanks in advance!
First make sure you have the latest Nvidia drivers installed, and that you're not missing any of Wine's dependencies that may be needed. Assuming that's the case, you could try downloading a newer version of DXVK and updating it through the script's menus (Advanced options --> Configure DXVK --> Install/update DXVK). If that doesn't work, try running the game with WINEDEBUG="" DXVK_LOG_LEVEL="" set and see if any errors pop up in the terminal that give more information.
Post edited December 08, 2020 by adamhm
adamhm: First make sure you have the latest Nvidia drivers installed, and that you're not missing any of Wine's dependencies that may be needed. Assuming that's the case, you could try downloading a newer version of DXVK and updating it through the script's menus (Advanced options --> Configure DXVK --> Install/update DXVK). If that doesn't work, try running the game with WINEDEBUG="" DXVK_LOG_LEVEL="" set and see if any errors pop up in the terminal that give more information.
Thanks for the info. I'm using the latest Nvidia drivers, and as far as I know, all dependencies are installed. Tried to update DXVK as well, but the prorblem remains. When starting in debug mode, I see these messages once the screen is messed up:
err: D3D11: CopySubresourceRegion: Incompatible texel size
err: Dst texel size: 8
err: Src texel size: 4
high rated
Thanks to novumZ gifting me a key for it, a wrapper is now available for Cyberpunk 2077. And the DRM'ed "My Rewards" bonus items should be unlocked by default without requiring any online activation :)

Some notes:

* For now, patches need to be installed manually as they work differently to patches for other games on GOG & I can't automate them. To do this, run the patch installers by either selecing "Advanced options..." --> "Run..." in the script's menus then selecting the patch installer & clicking through, or by running the start script with: ./start.sh runwine : "/path/to/patch/installer.exe"

* I have found that the game sometimes crashes on startup & needs to be killed (use "./start.sh kill")

* For now this is best played on systems with AMD graphics cards using the open drivers. Make sure you have the latest available kernel and either the latest development release of Mesa or the Mesa builds from Kisak's PPA (if you're on Ubuntu/Mint/other Ubuntu-based distro). If you have an Nvidia GPU expect frequent GPU hangs rendering the game unplayable.

* Sound may crackle. It may be fixed by running the game with: PULSE_LATENCY_MSEC=60

* Spatial sound doesn't work, making a lot of sound effects near silent.

The above two issues are apparently fixed in the current experimental Proton build, but unfortunately it looks like the newer Proton builds can't be used independently of Steam any more. I'll need to investigate & see if I can manage to work around this compiling Proton myself again, but it may take a while as I haven't checked up on it for quite some time. If not, then hopefully Wine / Wine Staging 6.1 will include the necessary fixes.

zfarkas81: Thanks for the info. I'm using the latest Nvidia drivers, and as far as I know, all dependencies are installed. Tried to update DXVK as well, but the prorblem remains. When starting in debug mode, I see these messages once the screen is messed up:
It looks like a GPU/driver issue to me. The game runs fine on my system and I don't get those errors, but I use an AMD RX480 with the open drivers. Unfortunately I don't have access to an Nvidia system to test right now.
Post edited December 15, 2020 by adamhm
Engerek01: For NEVERWINTER NIGHTS 2

I received dxvk::DxvkError error while trying to run the game. I googled it and it suggested a lack of Vulkan drivers. I seem to have the latest versions for mesa-vulkan-drivers and libvulkan1 . I had also installed your meta-package a while ago.
I've always run NWN2 on Wine Staging without DXVK and never had a problem.
Might that not be easier?

adamhm: The above two issues are apparently fixed in the current experimental Proton build, but unfortunately it looks like the newer Proton builds can't be used independently of Steam any more. I'll need to investigate & see if I can manage to work around this compiling Proton myself again
Hopefully GloriousEggroll will come out with an updated Proton-GE build soon.
Hi,

My bad if this is considered necroing the thread. I was just wondering if I could in any way aid in the development of a wrapper for IL-2 1946?
Hey there,

weird, this page won't let me post any links, including those from the terminal output, so I changed the https in the text.

for Underrail

When running the .sh the installation stops somewhere in the process please advice.

bash underrail_wine.sh
UnderRail (Wine wrapper)
Using Proton 4.11-13 (win32 prefix)
Using previously downloaded innoextract-1.8-linux.tar.xz in /home/felix/.cache/winewrap/innoextract
/home/felix/.cache/winewrap/innoextract/innoextract-1.8-linux.tar.xz: OK
Checking for icoutils...
Checking for installer and wrapper resource files...
All files found.
proton-4.11-13.tar.xz: OK
Checking for the lnkread archive...
/home/felix/.cache/winewrap/lnkread-20180903.tar.xz: OK
Checking for the XNA installer...
XNA installer not found, attempting to download...
--2021-02-01 21:49:11-- (magic internet word) download.microsoft.com/download/A/C/2/AC2C903B-E6E8-42C2-9FD7-BEBAC362A930/xnafx40_redist.msi
Resolving download.microsoft.com (download.microsoft.com)... 2a02:26f0:d6:49c::e59, 2a02:26f0:d6:48e::e59, 95.100.208.195
Connecting to download.microsoft.com (download.microsoft. com)|2a02:26f0:d6:49c::e59|:443... connected.
HTTP request sent, awaiting response... 404 Not Found
2021-02-01 21:49:11 ERROR 404: Not Found.

An error occurred downloading the XNA installer
rm: cannot remove '/home/felix/.cache/winetricks/xna40/xnafx40_redist.msi': No such file or directory

Thanks

Update:
I solved the issue by installing winetricks and manually installing xna40 by running winetricks -q xna40 in the terminal.
Post edited February 01, 2021 by Joe_parmaggio
Wanted to say thanks to adamhm and everyone else posting here for these post and scripts. My wife and I have been picking some more wine based games (usually stick to Linux native). She ended Dead Space last night and was so very delight with how easy it was to install on her rig and on the living room HTPC.
adamhm: Users of Mint 19.x or Ubuntu 18.04 (or other Ubuntu 18.04-based distros) can try my common dependencies meta-package, which should install the required dependencies as well as dependencies that are commonly required for many other games.
Will there be a working version of this for Mint 20.1?
It's not working as it is on the current version of Mint.
low rated
Ive tried out linux gaming yesterday , still garbage as it was a year ago.
Manjaro + proton GE latest.
Steam has problem running win games not from the main partition, needed tweeking...
Fallout 76 is producing way fewer fps than on win10.
Imho this linux gaming is going nowhere. Does steam still developing it ?
Orkhepaj: Ive tried out linux gaming yesterday , still garbage as it was a year ago.
Steam has problem running win games not from the main partition, needed tweeking...
PEBKAC
low rated
Orkhepaj: Ive tried out linux gaming yesterday , still garbage as it was a year ago.
hummer010: PEBKAC
typical linux fanboy...
your shitty os is just crap
Orkhepaj:
Do you have an Nvidia GPU? Sadly Nvidia's Linux drivers are quite a bit slower.

Windows games are made for Windows so for new games it IS quite natural that they work better and are easier to install on Windows. adamhm has been so kind to make some Windows games work more easily on Linux in cases where they are not quite install and play away.
low rated
Orkhepaj:
Themken: Do you have an Nvidia GPU? Sadly Nvidia's Linux drivers are quite a bit slower.

Windows games are made for Windows so for new games it IS quite natural that they work better and are easier to install on Windows. adamhm has been so kind to make some Windows games work more easily on Linux in cases where they are not quite install and play away.
nah amd rx 580 manjaro installed its driver by default
protondb recommended a slightly different driver, i havent installed that one , probably wouldnt change a bit

yeah his work is good , still i just wanted to test some games i play recently , Hunt wouldn't even run as it requires anticheat not supported by linux yet , and Fallout 76, but i got low fps with that
tried out linux native Dirt 4, it ran well as expected
Post edited February 11, 2021 by Orkhepaj