It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

adamhm: [...]
Just FYI, if you're ever interested in creating a wrapper for Darkstar One, it should work with more recent versions of Proton as long as you keep this in mind.
adamhm: All wrappers have now been updated. Wrappers now use Wine 5.0/Wine Staging 5.1 where possible (Proton wrappers now use Proton 4.11-13) and GOGWrap now uses Proton 5.0-4 by default.
Lubor87: edit: i run it on POL wine 5.3 32bit, with FX-sound! :D but horrible long loadings, strange :P
adamhm: I'll get it & take a look when it gets discounted a bit more. It sounds similar to a problem that Jade Empire has, which was resolved by disabling CSMT.
cartoon49: Is there any chance of a SWAT 3 wrapper?
adamhm: Last time I checked it had some problems I couldn't resolve, but that was some time ago. I'll take another look at it soon & see if things have improved.
Check and see. It been having problems with modern hardware but it should work hopefully.
Post edited March 19, 2020 by cartoon49
cartoon49: Check and see. It been having problems with modern hardware but it should work hopefully.
I had a very brief look at it earlier, still has problems - it seems to have issues with video playback. I can start the game with -nointro but it crashes any time it tries to play a video.
adamhm: I had a very brief look at it earlier, still has problems - it seems to have issues with video playback. I can start the game with -nointro but it crashes any time it tries to play a video.
Just curious, what are the videos encoded with. I only saw people reference "old indeo codec", but not which one. Usually, winetricks -q icodecs is helpful for most of them. Not sure the last time you tested, but Wine 3.14+ saw some improvements with msvfw32 with indeo.
Also, the dev branch is seeing significant churn with some of the video playback methods. Depending on what Swat 3 is using it might be worth testing some later 4.x builds as well.
Post edited March 20, 2020 by Gydion
A wrapper is now available for Soldier of Fortune 2: Double Helix. Thanks to cartoon49 for donating the key for this :)

Gydion: Just curious, what are the videos encoded with. I only saw people reference "old indeo codec", but not which one. Usually, winetricks -q icodecs is helpful for most of them. Not sure the last time you tested, but Wine 3.14+ saw some improvements with msvfw32 with indeo.
Also, the dev branch is seeing significant churn with some of the video playback methods. Depending on what Swat 3 is using it might be worth testing some later 4.x builds as well.
Indeo Video v5. I've tested with Proton 5.0-3 and Wine 5.0/staging-5.3, tried various winetricks as well as reencoding the videos to something more common, but it always crashes with a DirectX/ddraw error whenever it tries to play video.
adamhm: Indeo Video v5. I've tested with Proton 5.0-3 and Wine 5.0/staging-5.3, tried various winetricks as well as reencoding the videos to something more common, but it always crashes with a DirectX/ddraw error whenever it tries to play video.
That's not that old then, but yeah it doesn't sound like a codec problem. I don't see any bugs filed for that issue, and it looks like it's had that error ever since bug 10581 was fixed.
Disco Elysium completable with no issues. Not a single crash or problem with the generic gogwrap.
I'm thinking of giving LMDE4 a spin. Anyone tried the wrappers on there? It shouldn't make much of a difference, but some dependencies (Wine's, mostly) are different versions on debian based mint than they are on ubuntu based mint.
high rated
A wrapper is now available for Dishonored :)
adamhm: A wrapper is now available for Dishonored :)
Any update on SWAT 3?
Getting this error when trying to launch a gog game installed with the generic installer (2020/03/17):

zenity: error while loading shared libraries: libselinux.so.1: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory

Previous versions didn't ask for this file.
Post edited March 26, 2020 by JuanVCS
cartoon49: Any update on SWAT 3?
No luck so far, Wine will most likely need some patches to fix it
JuanVCS: Getting this error when trying to launch a gog game installed with the generic installer (2020/03/17):

zenity: error while loading shared libraries: libselinux.so.1: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory

Previous versions didn't ask for this file.
That's an error produced by zenity rather than something to do with my scripts specifically (zenity is used by my scripts to provide the menus & dialogue boxes) - it looks like it's missing at least one dependency. It should already be installed; which distro are you using? Check that the libselinux1 package is installed (it may be named differently depending on your distro).
Post edited March 26, 2020 by adamhm
Arch Linux, weird thing is I can run other zenity scripts just fine and the zenity package in the distro hasn't been updated since September.

Also tried installs made with previous versions of the wrapper and they launch fine.

Edit: quick google search for "proton selinux" seems to point to proton 5.x.x
Post edited March 26, 2020 by JuanVCS
JuanVCS: Arch Linux, weird thing is I can run other zenity scripts just fine and the zenity package in the distro hasn't been updated since September.

Also tried installs made with previous versions of the wrapper and they launch fine.
Sounds like a conflict with some of the libraries that are now being bundled with Proton as of 5.0. You could try finding which is conflicting & removing it (although this may cause other breakages) or you can have gogwrap use 4.11-13 instead with the argument: -winever=proton-4.11-13
Post edited March 26, 2020 by adamhm
Will do, thanks for the quick response and especially for your efforts!

Quick question: is there a way to list available wine versions?