It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

adaliabooks: I'm still looking into a way to make a pop up based sort system in addition to the drag and drop, but we'll see how that goes.
Do you have an idea why scrolling is not working when trying to drag a game to a new place? Because that would make sorting even easier in the drag & drop mode :D
high rated
adaliabooks: I'm still looking into a way to make a pop up based sort system in addition to the drag and drop, but we'll see how that goes.
moonshineshadow: Do you have an idea why scrolling is not working when trying to drag a game to a new place? Because that would make sorting even easier in the drag & drop mode :D
I'm not sure.. it does work in Chrome, but for some reason Firefox doesn't seem to let you... I assume it's a browser behaviour issue.
I'll have another look into it and see if it's possible to override the behaviour (though you could do as Hyper does and sort the library in a Chrome based browser and export it if nothing else works)
moonshineshadow: Do you have an idea why scrolling is not working when trying to drag a game to a new place? Because that would make sorting even easier in the drag & drop mode :D
adaliabooks: I'm not sure.. it does work in Chrome, but for some reason Firefox doesn't seem to let you... I assume it's a browser behaviour issue.
I'll have another look into it and see if it's possible to override the behaviour (though you could do as Hyper does and sort the library in a Chrome based browser and export it if nothing else works)
Nah not really going to install another browser just for that. And it is not like I can't manage without it, but it would be nice ;-)
moonshineshadow: Nah not really going to install another browser just for that. And it is not like I can't manage without it, but it would be nice ;-)
I'll keep looking :)
high rated
adaliabooks: As a few people had asked about it, I've added a donate page for anyone who wants to donate money to support the continued development of the script (it's in no way required and I will be continuing to develop and support the script for as long as I am capable, but for those of you who wish to I would certainly appreciate it)
This new feature also seems to work ;-)
high rated
adaliabooks: As a few people had asked about it, I've added a donate page for anyone who wants to donate money to support the continued development of the script (it's in no way required and I will be continuing to develop and support the script for as long as I am capable, but for those of you who wish to I would certainly appreciate it)
moonshineshadow: This new feature also seems to work ;-)
Thanks moon! :D

I've had a look, the scrolling thing is a Firefox issue... I could possibly make a work around, but while it's not ideal there is an external plug in that fixes it (I've just tried it and it seems to work) but obviously I can't vouch for it beyond that (though Mozilla does claim to do some verification of plug ins)... there may be others that fix it too if you want to search yourself for one that you can be sure to trust.
adaliabooks: I've had a look, the scrolling thing is a Firefox issue... I could possibly make a work around, but while it's not ideal there is an external plug in that fixes it (I've just tried it and it seems to work) but obviously I can't vouch for it beyond that (though Mozilla does claim to do some verification of plug ins)... there may be others that fix it too if you want to search yourself for one that you can be sure to trust.
Thanks, I'll take a look at that once I am home :-)
high rated
adaliabooks: Right, updated some more boxes. Done all the ones Hyper has suggested bar Dungeon Hack (I've left that one as Gydion wasn't happy with the image Hyper suggested so I'll let everyone decide which one to go for before putting it up)

I think I've fixed the Wasteland 2 boxes as well so they should all be unique...

Let me know if there are any issues with them.
Summary of current state, based on my library:

Missing covers:
Dark Sun (x2)
King Arthur Collection (x2)
Ravenloft (x2)

Identical covers:
Forgotten Realms Archives Collection 2 (x8)
Forgotten Realms Archives Collection 3 (x2)
Hearts of Iron II (x2)

Suggested feature for manual sort:
- Some option to move game to be very first or very last (do not apply changes until a reload) - this will allow me to move all the problematic covers to the first few row of my library, rather than having to slog through more than 200 shelves.
Post edited January 01, 2016 by mrkgnao
high rated
mrkgnao: Missing covers:
Dark Sun (x2)
King Arthur Collection (x2)
Ravenloft (x2)

Identical covers:
Forgotten Realms Archives Collection 2 (x8)
Forgotten Realms Archives Collection 3 (x2)
Hearts of Iron II (x2)

Suggested feature for manual sort:
- Some option to move game to be very first or very last (do not apply changes until a reload) - this will allow me to move all the problematic covers to the first few row of my library, rather than having to slog through more than 200 shelves.
Hmm.. I thought I'd done the Arthur ones... I'll check them again.
Thanks mrkgnao :)

Yeah, I'm wanting to make a 'Move to' pop up box where you can just enter a number to move a selected game to that spot in the list (preferably with an indication of what's already there at the moment too), but there's no easy way to do it built in (default javascript pop ups are useless) so I'll have to modify the menu or build it from scratch.
But that's definitely next on the list.

What does everyone think about the way the sort works at the moment? If I move a game to a position further along the list right now it appears before the game I drop it on, should it actually appear after? (so that it appears in the spot you dragged it to)
If you drag to an earlier position then it works as I'd imagine (appearing in the spot it was dragged to).
But changing it means that the behaviour is different depending which way you move a box, moving it up the list places it after the game and down the list places it before. Would that be an issue?

Did any of that make sense? XD
high rated
Gydion: Hyper, my other critiques are no more than nitpicking, but please don't destroy the aspect ratio when making the covers. IMO, it's better to not have one than to have it squashed. Go for a tighter crop or possibly frame what part you are using.

Alternative Dungeon Hack (different source).

Happy New Year people.
Oops, didn't notice that. How about these ones? Better? I've also redone the Menzoberranzan one as to have a common theme.

adaliabooks: Right, updated some more boxes. Done all the ones Hyper has suggested bar Dungeon Hack (I've left that one as Gydion wasn't happy with the image Hyper suggested so I'll let everyone decide which one to go for before putting it up)

I think I've fixed the Wasteland 2 boxes as well so they should all be unique...

Let me know if there are any issues with them.
Wasteland 2 covers show correctly, yeah!

I'll repeat my question from post #730:

Now that we have different covers for System Shock, do we need that text to show on the Enhanced Edition? It already says so under the title. Or do we need/want a different cover for that one too?

I've not tested any of the new features yet, will report back if anything goes south.
Attachments:
adaliabooks: What does everyone think about the way the sort works at the moment? If I move a game to a position further along the list right now it appears before the game I drop it on, should it actually appear after? (so that it appears in the spot you dragged it to)
For me it is fine that the game appears before the one I drag it on :-)
high rated
HypersomniacLive: Wasteland 2 covers show correctly, yeah!

I'll repeat my question from post #730:

Now that we have different covers for System Shock, do we need that text to show on the Enhanced Edition? It already says so under the title. Or do we need/want a different cover for that one too?

I've not tested any of the new features yet, will report back if anything goes south.
Great :)

Sorry, I forgot that question.

Not sure why it's doing that, it shouldn't... I'll check through the IDs and see if there's an issue (I presume the alternate box is showing correctly though?)

And I'll do the two new pictures in a bit.
high rated
adaliabooks: [...]

Yeah, I'm wanting to make a 'Move to' pop up box where you can just enter a number to move a selected game to that spot in the list (preferably with an indication of what's already there at the moment too), but there's no easy way to do it built in (default javascript pop ups are useless) so I'll have to modify the menu or build it from scratch.
But that's definitely next on the list.

[...]
That would be great to have, and will come very handy when the library is all sorted and new games are added to it; looking forward to it.

What does everyone think about the way the sort works at the moment? If I move a game to a position further along the list right now it appears before the game I drop it on, should it actually appear after? (so that it appears in the spot you dragged it to)
If you drag to an earlier position then it works as I'd imagine (appearing in the spot it was dragged to).
But changing it means that the behaviour is different depending which way you move a box, moving it up the list places it after the game and down the list places it before. Would that be an issue?

Did any of that make sense? XD
I'm quite happy with the current way of things. I don't really care if it appears before or after so long as it works the same way independent of moving a game up or down the list - having it work differently depending on which way one moves a game may be confusing, at least at first. But no big deal if that's not possible.
high rated
HypersomniacLive: I'm quite happy with the current way of things. I don't really care if it appears before or after so long as it works the same way independent of moving a game up or down the list - having it work differently depending on which way one moves a game may be confusing, at least at first. But no big deal if that's not possible.
If everyone's happy with the way it currently is I'll just leave it. I wasn't sure whether people were not always getting the behaviour they expected when they moved a game, but apparently it's just me worry about it XD
high rated

Not sure why it's doing that, it shouldn't... I'll check through the IDs and see if there's an issue (I presume the alternate box is showing correctly though?)

[...]
Yes, the alternate box shows correctly, and looks nice. :-)