It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

high rated
HypersomniacLive: As for Johny.'s take away from adaliabooks post, it's not just him; for as long as I can remember, GOG always has had this attitude - since the community will come up with fixes why bother? And I often wonder if, and how much, the community's willingness to improve people's experience here plays into all this "low priority" labelling...
Probably has an impact yes... it also seems like GOG is working with such old code that they are putting bandaids on gushing wounds. It's like they are saying okay lets re-write this and re-write that and splice it all together and hope the site still works, when what we really need is a fresh new site built from that ground up to 2018's coding standards.

I have considered working on some community projects myself, but I'm also a busy person and don't want to do GOG's work for them (unless I'm getting paid to do so. :P).
high rated
HypersomniacLive: However, I might order a pizza!
adaliabooks: If you are ever in the area yours is on me my friend :)
I want in on this deal.

I will be in Ireland in a couple weeks... maybe I can swim over.
high rated
yogsloth: I want in on this deal.

I will be in Ireland in a couple weeks... maybe I can swim over.
Lol
I'll tell you what, if you swim over from Ireland you can have one free too :P
HypersomniacLive: I'll hold you to that, but alas, not likely to happen any time soon. Unless we partner up to expand your business. ;-)
If you have a few (tens of) thousand pounds to get some kind of franchise system up and going then sure ;)
Post edited February 02, 2018 by adaliabooks
BKGaming: Kind of says a lot that, that was your take away from Adaliabooks post... this script (while good) should never have needed to really exist.
HypersomniacLive: As for Johny.'s take away from adaliabooks post, it's not just him; for as long as I can remember, GOG always has had this attitude - since the community will come up with fixes why bother?
I have never heard anything like that in GOG. If users do something to customize (not fix bugs though) the website to work in a different way than the company have decided to - that's a good thing for me (as a JavaScript freak myself) - I do that for other sites too. :) And that is what I meant.
Post edited February 02, 2018 by Johny.
high rated
Johny.: I have never heard anything like that in GOG. If users do something to customize (not fix bugs though) the website to work in a different way than the company have decided to - that's a good thing for me (as a JavaScript freak myself) - I do that for other sites too. :) And that is what I meant.
The problem is a lot of the customization is quality of life features which GOG should be making standard anyway... and as far as bugs it says a lot that you aren't addressing our concerns that the site is a broken mess half the time man. :P
high rated
adaliabooks: Lol
I'll tell you what, if you swim over from Ireland you can have one free too :P [...]
You call that for free?!

adaliabooks: [...] If you have a few (tens of) thousand pounds to get some kind of franchise system up and going then sure ;)
So, you'll do all the hard work, and I'd collect royalties then?

BKGaming: [...] It's like they are saying okay lets re-write this and re-write that and splice it all together and hope the site still works, when what we really need is a fresh new site built from that ground up to 2018's coding standards. [...]
Well, judging by the fact that the latest revamp of the chat system swallowed the exchanges I had with a user, and GOG's not going to do anything about it, I'd say that's a quite accurate assessment.

Johny.: I have never heard anything like that in GOG. If users do something to customize (not fix bugs though) the website to work in a different way than the company have decided to - that's a good thing for me (as a JavaScript freak myself) - I do that for other sites too. :) And that is what I meant.
Well, I wouldn't expect you to come here and say that somebody at GOG said so, even if they had, would I now? It's about how it comes across, especially when those decisions are from questionable to not making any sense from the user experience side.

A prominent example would be the scrapping of game update notifications; currently there are at least four active, plus one that has left, users providing the service that GOG should, while all GOG said is they'll come back eventually™, and has somebody flagging games manually, which may or may not show a game as updated in one's library.
Another is the scrapping of display options of reviews - why were those scrapped in the first place? And no word/intention to restore them, because hey, why do that, AF's doing a fine job at it, at least until you decide another revamp.
Should I mention the lack of forum links on game pages? It's clearly doable as evidenced by you placing them for InDev games, but for the rest it's either use BE or no dice.
What about changelogs tacked away in people's libraries as if the update status of games here is some big governmental secret? Again, the community to the rescue, and no word or action from GOG when we suggested ways of handling them.

Do I need to go on? The list's a lot longer.

As for bug fixes - please, I've yet to see a bug not related to logging in, buying and downloading games that GOG hasn't labelled as "low priority", thus no ETA, and no pressure for anybody to work on it.

And while you're here, thanks for the latest revamp of the chat system that swallowed one more exchange of messages with another user, one that had miraculously survived the introduction of the NAS.
Post edited February 04, 2018 by HypersomniacLive
high rated
I still was hoping that this missing feature "hilde polish forum" would be added since without it the script felt a bit incomplete for me (being able to hide all other forums but not this one). So I decided to try my luck myxself and since adaliabooks script is written so well and I had a little bit programming skills when I programmed database applications in pascal quite a while ago I managed to add this feature. I talked to adaliabooks and sent him my edited version (only two small parts added so I highly doubt that I have broken anything else) to see if he would approve and maybe even upload it officially. He told me that he has no problem if I would upload the edited script for people to test it if some people are interested in this feature as well. He will look it over sometime and upload it in case everything is all right.

So for people who are interested in this feature you download the script with these minor additions from here.

I did this mostly for myself and would not even dare to take over this great project. It's still all adaliabooks and the only reason I was able to even add this was because of the great way his script is written.

Even though - like I said - I highly doubt that these minor additions could cause any troubles at all I still want to add a little "use at your own risk" disclaimer. (I am using it myself since yesterday and nothing unusual has happened ... yet ;) ).
Post edited February 06, 2018 by MarkoH01
high rated
I don't much visit that page, so I'm not particularly bothered by these extra fora, but I did install MarkoH01's plus edition, and so far things work fine. +1, cheers.
high rated
I just noticed that I missed a third section in the script where I also had to add the polish forum (something the way the game forums are sorted) so I just edited the script a second time. So everybody who already installed the edited script prior this post and is so far satisfied feel free to redownload it again (I already updated the link) to get this release.
high rated
MarkoH01: I just noticed that I missed a third section in the script where I also had to add the polish forum (something the way the game forums are sorted) so I just edited the script a second time. So everybody who already installed the edited script prior this post and is so far satisfied feel free to redownload it again (I already updated the link) to get this release.
Not sure I follow what you're referring to, but even with the first version, all fora but the General Discussion and the Archived General Discussion are hidden, as per my choices in the AF Forum menu.
high rated
I'm kinda late to the party ( I don't visit the forums that much anymore, for the same reasons adaliabooks and several other users already mentioned), but I also would like to thank you for all the hard work and dedication you put into both the script and your contribution to the GOG community in general.

We never spoke directly but I've been a involved in several threads where you also posted and you always come across as a friendly person with a well-thought out view or opinion. So thanks a lot for that!
high rated
MarkoH01: I just noticed that I missed a third section in the script where I also had to add the polish forum (something the way the game forums are sorted) so I just edited the script a second time. So everybody who already installed the edited script prior this post and is so far satisfied feel free to redownload it again (I already updated the link) to get this release.
HypersomniacLive: Not sure I follow what you're referring to, but even with the first version, all fora but the General Discussion and the Archived General Discussion are hidden, as per my choices in the AF Forum menu.
Yes, the hide polish forum fuction already works fine with the first release but since the game forums were listed in another area as well I added polish version to this as well. I am not really sure what this new bit does tbh. Here is what adaliabooks said when I told him about this missing bit:

"It's probably the bit that removes it from the game forums list (as for some reason the language forums are included in both)."

I just added it to be sure that EVERYTHING that includes hiding or showing the game forums is working - that's all :)
high rated
MarkoH01: Yes, the hide polish forum fuction already works fine with the first release but since the game forums were listed in another area as well I added polish version to this as well. I am not really sure what this new bit does tbh. Here is what adaliabooks said when I told him about this missing bit:

"It's probably the bit that removes it from the game forums list (as for some reason the language forums are included in both)."

I just added it to be sure that EVERYTHING that includes hiding or showing the game forums is working - that's all :)
Ah yes, forgot that for some inexplicable reason the language fora are also listed among the game fora. Updated, cheers.
Wow, I can't believe I didn't bother with this for so long. I love the classic library and manual sort, although I don't relish the thought of trying to get it back to the system I had when we lost manual sort.

Can someone explain what the "remix" views for the library are supposed to look like? I have a feeling they're not rendering properly for me, the art gets all stretched.
high rated
SirPrimalform: Can someone explain what the "remix" views for the library are supposed to look like? I have a feeling they're not rendering properly for me, the art gets all stretched.
Stretched for me as well, so it#s not just you. Don't know if this was intended to be - I never used this setting. I can highly recommend legacy setting which looks just great.

In case you don't know. You can also move your games when you are in list mode and select move from the dopdown box of each game. With this method it's easier to move games from the beginning to the middle and such. Drag and drop really is not the best way to do this in many cases.
Post edited February 22, 2018 by MarkoH01