It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

high rated
MarkoH01: The new filter function works well and looks like it always was meant that way :) While playing around a bit with the new numbers I tried to find out how many adventures I have in my libraries which aren't completed yet. Since I have added tags for adventures as well as for the fact if a game is completed I checked both checkboxes. Just to find ot that multiple tags are used in a logical "or" way ("the one thing the other or both") . Is there a way to use tags in a logical "and" way ("one tag AND the other tag")?

(My little English knowledge is probably not enough here but I hope you understand what I mean)
adaliabooks: Don't worry, I know what you mean :)
Unfortunately, same as searching for excluded items (games without a certain OS or language for example) I don't think it would be possible. The tags and filters are all handled by GoG server side, so I just deal with whatever results they return to me.
Anything more complicated involving the tags or filters would need to happen on GoGs side..
I thought so. Well, I will add it to the community wishlist so that GOG can ignore it the next years ...
high rated
adaliabooks: Don't worry, I know what you mean :)
Unfortunately, same as searching for excluded items (games without a certain OS or language for example) I don't think it would be possible. The tags and filters are all handled by GoG server side, so I just deal with whatever results they return to me.
Anything more complicated involving the tags or filters would need to happen on GoGs side..
MarkoH01: I thought so. Well, I will add it to the community wishlist so that GOG can ignore it the next years ...
Not trying to oversell MaGog, but just pointing out that you can obviously do all of that through her.
MarkoH01: I thought so. Well, I will add it to the community wishlist so that GOG can ignore it the next years ...
mrkgnao: Not trying to oversell MaGog, but just pointing out that you can obviously do all of that through her.
I managed to import all my games from my library (i.e. get them maked as owned on MaGog and filter all with "My Tags = owned") but how do I access my user defined tags from here?
high rated
mrkgnao: Not trying to oversell MaGog, but just pointing out that you can obviously do all of that through her.
MarkoH01: I managed to import all my games from my library (i.e. get them maked as owned on MaGog and filter all with "My Tags = owned") but how do I access my user defined tags from here?
That you cannot. Not at the moment, as no one ever asked for it. I might think about adding it.
You can either define your own tags in MaGog or use the existing GOG fields (e.g. genre = adventure).
Sorry, I didn't realise you were planning on reusing GOG's tags.
high rated
MarkoH01: I managed to import all my games from my library (i.e. get them maked as owned on MaGog and filter all with "My Tags = owned") but how do I access my user defined tags from here?
mrkgnao: That you cannot. Not at the moment, as no one ever asked for it. I might think about adding it.
You can either define your own tags in MaGog or use the existing GOG fields (e.g. genre = adventure).
Yes, I probably need those tags because I want to filter i.e. how many adventures I have mot finished yet and GOG and I sometimes have different opinions what an adventure really is. But still great to see that I can import my library into MaGOG and then using much more search criterias to get my results. So thank you for pointing that out for me.
high rated
mrkgnao: That you cannot. Not at the moment, as no one ever asked for it. I might think about adding it.
MarkoH01: Yes, I probably need those tags because I want to filter i.e. how many adventures I have mot finished yet and GOG and I sometimes have different opinions what an adventure really is. But still great to see that I can import my library into MaGOG and then using much more search criterias to get my results. So thank you for pointing that out for me.
I took a cursory look at GOG's tags and it doesn't seem to be easy to get them. They seem to be stored on the server and at the moment I cannot find a URL to list them. I will look further,

I never had occasion to use GOG's tags since MaGog had tags before GOG and MaGog's tags are more powerful, so I keep all my information (my purchase date, the price I paid, my star rating, multiple tags, free-text notes) on MaGog.
high rated
mrkgnao: I took a cursory look at GOG's tags and it doesn't seem to be easy to get them. They seem to be stored on the server and at the moment I cannot find a URL to list them. I will look further,

I never had occasion to use GOG's tags since MaGog had tags before GOG and MaGog's tags are more powerful, so I keep all my information (my purchase date, the price I paid, my star rating, multiple tags, free-text notes) on MaGog.
I think they are stored on the server, but I vaguely remember poking about somewhere and finding them listed.. not sure if there's a url to fetch them (though I suppose there must be something) but I'll have a look and see what I can find when I have a chance.
high rated
MarkoH01: Yes, I probably need those tags because I want to filter i.e. how many adventures I have mot finished yet and GOG and I sometimes have different opinions what an adventure really is. But still great to see that I can import my library into MaGOG and then using much more search criterias to get my results. So thank you for pointing that out for me.
mrkgnao: I took a cursory look at GOG's tags and it doesn't seem to be easy to get them. They seem to be stored on the server and at the moment I cannot find a URL to list them. I will look further,

Go to regular getFilteredProducts on your account, like:
https://www.gog.com/account/getFilteredProducts?mediaType=1
There's "tags" key in the JSON.

You also have them on https://www.gog.com/account/ in gogData.tags (defined in HTML so you can parse it).
high rated

Johny.: Go to regular getFilteredProducts on your account, like:

You also have them on https://www.gog.com/account/ in gogData.tags (defined in HTML so you can parse it).
Yes. I found that, but it's quite inconvenient, as it would require N queries, one per tag, and some peoples have tens of tags. I was hoping for something more straightfoward, such as a single JSON of all tags with the list of all games associated with each tag.

Thanks anyhow.
high rated

Hi Johny,
since you have followed this do you think it may be possible to add future multiple tag handling (logical AND and logical OR handling) on regular GOG as well?

mrkgnao: Yes. I found that, but it's quite inconvenient, as it would require N queries, one per tag, and some peoples have tens of tags. I was hoping for something more straightfoward, such as a single JSON of all tags with the list of all games associated with each tag.

Thanks anyhow.
Of course you have a list of all tags and number of games attached.
Don't you fetch the whole library? (I guess per page) Each game have tags array (with tag IDs) in the details.

@MarkoH01 I don't know about that. I guess that question would apply to all filters in library and in catalog. Now it's like
( Filter1_A OR Filter1_B OR Filter1_C ) AND ( Filter2_B OR Filter2_D )
Which is I guess most correct way for this user interface.
To customize more it would require a little more advanced filter creation interface than just selecting checkboxes. :)
high rated
mrkgnao: Yes. I found that, but it's quite inconvenient, as it would require N queries, one per tag, and some peoples have tens of tags. I was hoping for something more straightfoward, such as a single JSON of all tags with the list of all games associated with each tag.

Thanks anyhow.
Johny.: Of course you have a list of all tags and number of games attached.
Don't you fetch the whole library? (I guess per page) Each game have tags array (with tag IDs) in the details.
At the moment I just get this:
https://www.gog.com/user/data/games
One link regardless of the number of games.
Or Johny could just tell you, those were the ones I was thinking of. Unfortunately I'm not sure they'd do quite what you're looking for...
high rated
Johny.: @MarkoH01 I don't know about that. I guess that question would apply to all filters in library and in catalog. Now it's like
To customize more it would require a little more advanced filter creation interface than just selecting checkboxes. :)
I understand this for the usual GOG filters (Language, OS, Publisher...) but wouldn't it be possible to use the logical AND just in the user defined tags? Or give us the choice in the "manage tags" section in which way these should be handled.

Edit: Addition: I tried to use the GOG genre filter instead of my own tag as a workaround and I noticed that I am unable to select all games in my library even if I check all genre filters on GOG. This would mean that a filter option fo a genre (opr some genres) is missing. Since I am unable to filter games which are NOT of a criteria I have not found out yet which games/genres these are.

Edit2: Using MaGog with the exact genre filters GOG is providing it is possible to select all my games so something is wrong on GOG's side I would say. While MaGog is able to select 239/245 (the difference is probably due to the unbundling) GOG's filter is only able to select 224/245.
Post edited April 24, 2016 by MarkoH01
high rated
Johny.: @MarkoH01 I don't know about that. I guess that question would apply to all filters in library and in catalog. Now it's like
MarkoH01: I understand this for the usual GOG filters (Language, OS, Publisher...) but wouldn't it be possible to use the logical AND just in the user defined tags? Or give us the choice in the "manage tags" section in which way these should be handled.

Edit: Addition: I tried to use the GOG genre filter instead of my own tag as a workaround and I noticed that I am unable to select all games in my library even if I check all genre filters on GOG. This would mean that a filter option fo a genre (opr some genres) is missing. Since I am unable to filter games which are NOT of a criteria I have not found out yet which games/genres these are.
GOG has 44 different genres. It has filters for 8 (+ indie, which is not a genre).

Additionally: GOG filters only the first genre of the three associated with a game, not all three, IIRC.
Post edited April 24, 2016 by mrkgnao