It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

drealmer7: Yep, so, hopefully that makes some sense to you. My goal is to eventually have thoroughly gone through and order them in my projected "order to play+finish by genre by tag order but subject to change on my whims."
I currently have ~50 games tagged as PLAYING.
Wow! This explained my question and several other I've never asked ;) Thank you for this. As far as "too many games to play in a lifetime" and "too many movies to watch in a lifetime" goes I can really relate. The same goes with "some games to play when you have more times and some games to play when you have less time" I handle it the same and therefore are constantly switching my active game. I try to stay true to only one or two but my curiosity mostly gets the better of me. I do understand your tag order even though I think that such an order would not work for me because I would probably not follow it.

"Oh, a new game? Great - let's play it."
"Hmmm. I have long wanted to play the game ...."
"Wasn't there some game I always tried to finish?"

And so on. basically it's pretty chaotic so my tags are much simpler mostly being "completed" or "not completed" but since there are games which basically don't have an ending I have tagged them "unending" then there are game which I have "never installed" once and I like to give "adventures" and "action adventures" a special tags since most of them are not that long therefore don't require that much time to finish. So apart of the tags (which I only use as a filer and not as a sort option) I have ordered my games only chronolgical. Hmmmm ... I was wondering if there could be already a thread about how people do sort and play their games...there probably is.

Sorry, adaliabooks for once again derailing your thread (the last time being the quite interesting language lesson with mrkgnao). :)
Post edited April 12, 2016 by MarkoH01
O.K. I confess I seem to be stupid :(
I try to learn the AF search function but it does not seem to work I enter general discussion from community and enter my username. I also check usernames and posts. However the only results I get are the ones in which I opened a thread and not the postings I made. What am I doing wrong (I am pretty sure I piosted here and there ;))?.
drealmer7: Yep, so, hopefully that makes some sense to you. My goal is to eventually have thoroughly gone through and order them in my projected "order to play+finish by genre by tag order but subject to change on my whims."
I currently have ~50 games tagged as PLAYING.
MarkoH01: Wow! This explained my question and several other I've never asked ....ready a thread about how people do sort and play their games...there probably is.

Sorry, adaliabooks for once again derailing your thread (the last time being the quite interesting language lesson with mrkgnao). :)
Here, have a little more:

Well first, the ordering is by no means strict or solid in anyway, especially considering 1.) the GOG tag ordering didn't allow for organizing within tags and so they are all hap-hazard right now for me for the most part since I just have had AF for the past week or somesuch and have barely used it so far/am quite unfamiliar, and 2.) it's just either what is actually currently taking place in my play choices (as in the order is dictated by what I'm playing, NOT what I am playing is dictated by the list order), and 3.) it just makes sense with so many games (especially when acquiring "new" ones) to leave it fluid for me and play what compels me. The only issue becomes if I can't remember the story/what I was doing and feel like I might be losing some of the experience/impact or just not be able to follow/do the game justice because of not having picked up a game for some time, and so I try to not allow that to happen, I have a pretty good memory so it doesn't usually happen. which also goes along with/compiles with what you said when you get something new/something you've be wanting to try, etc., and I let that happen too, and if it seems I am going to play it more than half-way through, it goes into the PLAYING list most likely. and now ordering helps place it in order of projected finishing, etc.

2nd:

I also have a couple different shelves in PLAYING for "long-time/forever/perhaps random play games." These are 1.) games that I just don't think I might ever delete because of what the game has to offer like Tales of Maj'Eyal or Mount & Blade + M&B: Warband and FTL (though I imagine I'll eventually beat it a few times with a few different ships and be "done" with it, but I don't think I'd ever uninstall it even so because of the unlockings and still having that compelation to play might come and it will be good to have around for a long long time), and then there are games like 2.) flight/combat sims that might never get old to fly around and blow stuff up in (I'76 will probably never get uninstalled for me.) and racing games that I do or even might get compelled to play here or there at times and then stuff like 3.) Pinball games!

I still have a LONG way to go before any sort of order is to my list at this point though because of the transition. Blarghle! I'll do it in little chunks over time and not worry about it too much and it will eventually take form, no need to dedicate toooo much too it because of the overwhelming side of it, but it is something I like to be able to do as a function and so will work with it and it has its rewards and am pumped for being able to, obviously.
Post edited April 13, 2016 by drealmer7
high rated
MarkoH01: O.K. I confess I seem to be stupid :(
I try to learn the AF search function but it does not seem to work I enter general discussion from community and enter my username. I also check usernames and posts. However the only results I get are the ones in which I opened a thread and not the postings I made. What am I doing wrong (I am pretty sure I piosted here and there ;))?.
You are doing nothing wrong. That is exactly what it's supposed to do.

AF cannot find all the posts you have made because that would require it to scan the entire forum and GOG blocks anyone who tries to do that.
high rated
As mrkgnao said, AF can't do that for the reason he said. Your best shot is to remember what threads you've posted in, load them in separate tabs, and perform a search within each one to find your posts.
mrkgnao: You are doing nothing wrong. That is exactly what it's supposed to do.

AF cannot find all the posts you have made because that would require it to scan the entire forum and GOG blocks anyone who tries to do that.
O.K. I understand but how do people from giveaways detect if someone has forum activity or not then?
high rated
MarkoH01: O.K. I understand but how do people from giveaways detect if someone has forum activity or not then?
By using the gog search function and google.
high rated
mrkgnao: You are doing nothing wrong. That is exactly what it's supposed to do.

MarkoH01: O.K. I understand but how do people from giveaways detect if someone has forum activity or not then?
Google. For example: "MarkoH01 site:gog.com".

But note that Google only displays a selection of one's posts, so you don't get everything, just a representative sample.
mrkgnao: Google. For example: "MarkoH01 site:gog.com".

But note that Google only displays a selection of one's posts, so you don't get everything, just a representative sample.
Ah, thank you. That might help in case I have to find out if someone has forum activiy during a trade or so (which was the reason for my search in the first place).

Edit: Also thanks to moonshineshadow :)
Post edited April 13, 2016 by MarkoH01
high rated
Feature request:
The ability to mark a game as owned so that it appears greyed out throughout (catalogue, front page, game page, promo pages, etc.).
GOG gets it wrong for so many of my games (e.g. I own the premium edition but GOG does not mark the regular edition or DLC as owned, or vice versa), that it's quite a nuisance.
high rated
mrkgnao: Feature request:
The ability to mark a game as owned so that it appears greyed out throughout (catalogue, front page, game page, promo pages, etc.).
GOG gets it wrong for so many of my games (e.g. I own the premium edition but GOG does not mark the regular edition or DLC as owned, or vice versa), that it's quite a nuisance.
That shouldn't be too hard, just keep a list of IDs and let you mark which ones you own and then apply appropriate styling to the different elements.

I'll add it to the list. Unfortunately development is a bit stalled at the moment until I get a new laptop..
mrkgnao: Feature request:
adaliabooks: That shouldn't be too hard, just keep a list of IDs and let you mark which ones you own and then apply appropriate styling to the different elements.

I'll add it to the list. Unfortunately development is a bit stalled at the moment until I get a new laptop..
Cheers. No rush.
high rated
adaliabooks: I'll add it to the list. Unfortunately development is a bit stalled at the moment until I get a new laptop..
We could start a kickstarter for this :)
high rated
adaliabooks: I'll add it to the list. Unfortunately development is a bit stalled at the moment until I get a new laptop..
MarkoH01: We could start a kickstarter for this :)
If you guys want to buy me a new laptop I won't stop you... ;P
high rated
adaliabooks: [...]

Didn't you say you use it to bake pizza?

MarkoH01: We could start a kickstarter for this :)
Nah, he'd have to come up with perks for all the pledges he'd get. The donation link in AF should do just fine.