It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Pangaea666: Thanks again for this marvellous script :)
Thanks a lot. Please keep up the awesome work (unlike GOG).
MarkoH01: I hate to tell you but while I completely agree that this is a marvellous script it probably won't get developed any further.
https://www.gog.com/forum/general/adalia_fundamentals_fixing_gog_so_you_dont_have_to/post2623

And that is BECAUSE of GOG. I am glad that adaliabooks still tries to help in extreme cases but in general he stopped support and the reason for this imo is completely understandable.
Had forgot about that, so thanks for reminding me. It's a totally understandable position, and the same that happened with MaGoG. The downward spiral isn't a new thing, it has carried on for several years, and it's understandable that at some point people completely lose what little trust remained, and stop putting in free hours and lots of work to counterbalance some of the negatives.

I'm currently in the process of backing up my whole catalogue, and will then see what I do.

But all that aside, this is still a fantastic tool and I wanted to say I appreciate the work that went into it :)
high rated
finkleroy: I set it to manual sort, which set everything to alphabetical order. I was able to then manually re-arrange the items in my library, but now when I set the GOG sort order to "PURCHASE DATE", with AF sort order set to "Last Updated", my library is in alphabetical order. Before I switched to manual sort, "Last Updated" defaulted to my GOG sort order of "PURCHASE DATE". I'm not sure how to view legacy covers. I don't see an option for that.

This happened before and then fixed itself and then happened again and then fixed itself again and now it's happening again.

EDIT: The sort order has now reverted to what it was before I switched to manual sorting and back. My GOG sort order of "PURCHASE DATE" is active, instead of being replaced by the AF sort order of "Last Updated".
So it sounds like you are using something to block scripts and sites, that might be occasionally interfering with my site retrieving the last updated order I suppose. Are you using any extensions like that?
high rated
MarkoH01: And that is BECAUSE of GOG. I am glad that adaliabooks still tries to help in extreme cases but in general he stopped support and the reason for this imo is completely understandable.
Actually, to be fair, it has very little to do with GOG. It is to do with the community (or lack there of).
I still completely support GOG, I think they're doing a great job with what they have got. I'm just tired of reading all the negative comments over everything; every new release, every new feature, every minor change is greeted with doom and gloom and it's the end of the world.
I run my own business and I understand that it is damn hard, particularly if you have an ideal or idea of some kind that you want to stick to. So I know they could do better, but I understand that they are trying.

I just don't find the atmosphere here conducive to having fun any more.
finkleroy: I set it to manual sort, which set everything to alphabetical order. I was able to then manually re-arrange the items in my library, but now when I set the GOG sort order to "PURCHASE DATE", with AF sort order set to "Last Updated", my library is in alphabetical order. Before I switched to manual sort, "Last Updated" defaulted to my GOG sort order of "PURCHASE DATE". I'm not sure how to view legacy covers. I don't see an option for that.

This happened before and then fixed itself and then happened again and then fixed itself again and now it's happening again.

EDIT: The sort order has now reverted to what it was before I switched to manual sorting and back. My GOG sort order of "PURCHASE DATE" is active, instead of being replaced by the AF sort order of "Last Updated".
adaliabooks: So it sounds like you are using something to block scripts and sites, that might be occasionally interfering with my site retrieving the last updated order I suppose. Are you using any extensions like that?
Just Adblock Plus + a custom script to block ads on one particular site that has extra persistent, intrusive ads. I tried removing that script, and nothing changed. I can't be the only one who's using Adblock Plus in addition to the script. The strange thing is that this keeps happening and then sorting itself out, even though nothing's changed on my end, which leads me to believe it's not on my end. BTW, how do I access "legacy covers"? I've been meaning to ask for a while now, and I guess now is as good of a time as any. I don't see any option for it.
Post edited April 30, 2018 by finkleroy
high rated
MarkoH01: And that is BECAUSE of GOG. I am glad that adaliabooks still tries to help in extreme cases but in general he stopped support and the reason for this imo is completely understandable.
adaliabooks: Actually, to be fair, it has very little to do with GOG. It is to do with the community (or lack there of).
I still completely support GOG, I think they're doing a great job with what they have got. I'm just tired of reading all the negative comments over everything; every new release, every new feature, every minor change is greeted with doom and gloom and it's the end of the world.
I run my own business and I understand that it is damn hard, particularly if you have an ideal or idea of some kind that you want to stick to. So I know they could do better, but I understand that they are trying.

I just don't find the atmosphere here conducive to having fun any more.
O.K. - sorry for getting this wrong. But I understand your point here as well. The negativity in the community has risen a lot lately and while I also don't agree with everything GOG is doing I still think that they are trying to do their very best and I still like them.
adaliabooks: So it sounds like you are using something to block scripts and sites, that might be occasionally interfering with my site retrieving the last updated order I suppose. Are you using any extensions like that?
finkleroy: Just Adblock Plus + a custom script to block ads on one particular site that has extra persistent, intrusive ads. I tried removing that script, and nothing changed. I can't be the only one who's using Adblock Plus in addition to the script. The strange thing is that this keeps happening and then sorting itself out, even though nothing's changed on my end, which leads me to believe it's not on my end. BTW, how do I access "legacy covers"? I've been meaning to ask for a while now, and I guess now is as good of a time as any. I don't see any option for it.
I also do use AdBlock + but I am also using Firefox. Maybe it is a combination of both? It does not hurt to turn all add-ons off just for a test to see if those are interfering or not.
Post edited April 30, 2018 by MarkoH01
high rated
finkleroy: Just Adblock Plus + a custom script to block ads on one particular site that has extra persistent, intrusive ads. I tried removing that script, and nothing changed. I can't be the only one who's using Adblock Plus in addition to the script. The strange thing is that this keeps happening and then sorting itself out, even though nothing's changed on my end, which leads me to believe it's not on my end. BTW, how do I access "legacy covers"? I've been meaning to ask for a while now, and I guess now is as good of a time as any. I don't see any option for it.
No, it was just a thought...
Have you got my website (gog.bigpizzapies.com) whitelisted in Adblock?

As for the legacy covers there should be an option on the library tab "Change the style of the shelf and game boxes in your library" with a drop down box. Change that to Legacy and you should get the old style boxes.
It is odd that it's not working consistently...
adaliabooks: No, it was just a thought...

As for the legacy covers there should be an option on the library tab "Change the style of the shelf and game boxes in your library" with a drop down box. Change that to Legacy and you should get the old style boxes.
The script loads my library in legacy mode, but none of the covers will load. I whitelisted gog.bigpizzapies.com, but nothing has changed.
high rated
adaliabooks: No, it was just a thought...

finkleroy: The script loads my library in legacy mode, but none of the covers will load. I whitelisted gog.bigpizzapies.com, but nothing has changed.
Ok, it's definitely some kind of conflict then that's not retrieving the required stuff from my server.

If you press F12 and go to the network tab and then refresh the library page (with the network tab open) what do you see?
You should get a number of calls to my server (gog.bigpizzapies.com) for various functions, what are the results of those?

Edit: Sorry, missed some instructions there. Make sure that XHR is selected on the menu to the right of the filter text box.
Then look for the calls initiated by userscript.html (if you click on them it should confirm they come from my site in the headers tab)
Post edited April 30, 2018 by adaliabooks
finkleroy: The script loads my library in legacy mode, but none of the covers will load. I whitelisted gog.bigpizzapies.com, but nothing has changed.
adaliabooks: Ok, it's definitely some kind of conflict then that's not retrieving the required stuff from my server.

If you press F12 and go to the network tab and then refresh the library page (with the network tab open) what do you see?
You should get a number of calls to my server (gog.bigpizzapies.com) for various functions, what are the results of those?
The only entries that are red and say "Failed to load response data" are:

https://www.googletagmanager.com/gtm.js?id=GTM-NX39DH
https://gog.bigpizzapies.com/af_legacy_urls.php?
https://gog.bigpizzapies.com/lastUpdatedIdList.json?

The are a lot of other entries, none of which are red.
high rated
adaliabooks: Ok, it's definitely some kind of conflict then that's not retrieving the required stuff from my server.

finkleroy: There doesn't seem to be any way to copy and paste the results in the "Name" field.
Sorry, I missed some extra instructions, I edited them into the last post.

Don't worry about copying and pasting them, if you can find the right entries just tell me what the status code is and what is in the Preview and Response tabs (it should be a list of numbers with urls or various information)
finkleroy: There doesn't seem to be any way to copy and paste the results in the "Name" field.
adaliabooks: Sorry, I missed some extra instructions, I edited them into the last post.

Don't worry about copying and pasting them, if you can find the right entries just tell me what the status code is and what is in the Preview and Response tabs (it should be a list of numbers with urls or various information)
These are red and say "Failed to load response data":

high rated
adaliabooks: Sorry, I missed some extra instructions, I edited them into the last post.

finkleroy: These are red and say "Failed to load response data":

Does it give a number under status? Or any other information as to why it has failed?
finkleroy: These are red and say "Failed to load response data":

adaliabooks: Does it give a number under status? Or any other information as to why it has failed?
Under status, there's no number, just (failed). This is the case for updated list and legacy art. Under size, both are listed as 0 B. And for time, both are listed as 21.06 s. The rest of the entries show a normal number of B/KB and ms. The initiator for both of them starts with userscript.html, unlike the rest of the entries.
high rated
adaliabooks: Does it give a number under status? Or any other information as to why it has failed?
finkleroy: Under status, there's no number, just (failed). This is the case for updated list and legacy art. Under size, both are listed as 0 B. And for time, both are listed as 21.06 s. The rest of the entries show a normal number of B/KB and ms. The initiator for both of them starts with userscript.html, unlike the rest of the entries.
Thanks.
If you click on them does it give you any more information? It should open a separate tab on top of the previous data. I'm not sure if there will be anything if they have failed though...

Also if you right click on one and click open in new tab what happens?
high rated
finkleroy: Under status, there's no number, just (failed). This is the case for updated list and legacy art. Under size, both are listed as 0 B. And for time, both are listed as 21.06 s. The rest of the entries show a normal number of B/KB and ms. The initiator for both of them starts with userscript.html, unlike the rest of the entries.
As far as I can tell the most likely culprit is something to do with Cross Domain Origin Requests, I'm just not entirely sure what or why at this moment.
I have added some extra info to the htaccess file that might help but I'm not sure, let me know if it's any better (or if I've broken things for everyone else instead...)

I still think the conflict must occur somewhere on your end as I'm not getting any errors or failed requests that I can see in the server log (which means the data is being sent by the server and only being refused or discarded on your end).