It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

high rated
Gede: Oh, I'm terribly sorry then. It gets a little complicated figuring which script does what. Still, the more reason for me to be careful before posting.
Well... Thank you for your work too. ;-)
adaliabooks: Don't worry, it happens a lot :)
That is just because both scripts are great and great and great is hard to distinguish :)
HypersomniacLive: Did you ask GOG Support about it when you reported the issue with the disappearing "NEW" tag? If not, getting GOG's official stand on the matter (i.e. submit a support ticket) may well be in order.
No, I did not. And I already had too many support tickets lately to just open another one now. But I may ask them when they refuse to refund a game I have not downloaded. ;)
high rated
As Gog have updated their chat for the website none of my script stuff for chat will currently be working. I'll have to have a good look at it and see what actually needs kept or changed.
I've got a few ideas already of how it could be improved, I just need to see if I can implement them.

It may take a few weeks, but hopefully it won't be too tricky to get to grips with and I can get it sorted in my down time this week.
high rated
adaliabooks: [...] It may take a few weeks, [...]
GOG few weeks™?
high rated
adaliabooks: [...] It may take a few weeks, [...]
HypersomniacLive: GOG few weeks™?
Lol, hopefully not, it depends on what happens with work and life.
Would you consider adding sorting to the wishlist? GOG don't offer a way to sort by discount or to list discounted items first. I would really love it if we could see discounted items first in the wishlist.

Also, have you considered moving the script to an actual GitHub code repository? Besides adding proper change management, we could take advantage of the GitHub issue tracker - I don't know if someone's requested wishlist sorting before now, and it would be a lot easier to find and sort issues than it is to muck through the forum post.

Thanks!
high rated
aloishammer: Would you consider adding sorting to the wishlist? GOG don't offer a way to sort by discount or to list discounted items first. I would really love it if we could see discounted items first in the wishlist.

Also, have you considered moving the script to an actual GitHub code repository? Besides adding proper change management, we could take advantage of the GitHub issue tracker - I don't know if someone's requested wishlist sorting before now, and it would be a lot easier to find and sort issues than it is to muck through the forum post.

Thanks!
You can already sort the wishlist (sort of... I still haven't implemented a proper sort, at the moment it only sorts each page individually) by price, and you can use Gog to filter by discounted items. If you really want discounted items to show first I'm sure that should be possible.
Unfortunately I can't guarantee when that might occur as I have very little time to work on the script at the moment and I need to prioritise re-implementing the stuff Gog broke when they changed the chat.

It already has change management (assuming that means what I think it does, every revision I've ever made is accessible on Gist). As for moving it to Github I'm not sure how that works with user scripts... I know it's possible to install userscripts straight from Gist (which is why I choose it) but I don't know if the same is true for Github (I've never really used it).
If it's possible to host a userscript properly so it installs easily and auto updates for people then I'm happy to make the move to Github and whatever advantages it might offer.
Installation from GitHub is entirely possible, yes. Auto-updates take no work at all. So long as you don't move your 'master release' copy of the script, the URL should never change, short of major changes to GitHub itself. Lots of popular scripts are hosted on / from GitHub. To get the permanent URL to the raw script:

Put the script wherever it's going to stay in the code repository. Click the file name. You'll see the syntax-highlighted script and all the various controls. Click the 'Raw' button—that does what it says on the tin. The 'raw' URL does not change; you use that as the @updateURL and @downloadURL for the script/

And of course you can put the link in README.md, so that it's accessible from the root project page itself.

This is a good example of a popular userscript being served off a GitHub code repository: GitHub Dark Script. GitHub Dark Script follows some other userscript-on-GitHub best practices, like providing links to install from GitHub, GreasyFork, and OpenUserJS. (I think most people are still fairly paranoid about history repeating—when userscripts.org fell over.)

Their README.md also shows off a lot of the cooler things you can do with markdown. You can also serve up real web sites off GitHub; I haven't played with that much so far. On top of full version control for the code, I believe the wiki is another free feature. (Some advanced GitHub features are paid. The only one I recall is having private / secret code repositories...)
high rated
adaliabooks: If it's possible to host a userscript properly so it installs easily and auto updates for people then I'm happy to make the move to Github and whatever advantages it might offer.
To be clear: I've served a couple of very minor userscripts off GitHub projects before. I'm not aware of any obvious pitfalls or any significant work involved—again, so long as you keep the release version in a fixed location. I know you've already sunk a lot of work into Adalia Fundamentals (thank you!) and I wouldn't suggest moving the script to a GitHub project if I thought it would require any significant effort on your part.

I really think that being able to use GitHub's issue tracker would be a major improvement—for you especially—over fifty pages of posts here on the forum. Note: the issue tracker supports templates, so you can ask for certain kinds of information right there in each new issue before it's created.

I don't know for certain, but some of the other features might be useful to you in the future. Besides the wiki, there's tagging, changelogs, a 'releases' feature—and my experience is that collaboration is easier with the full project system.

Also, maybe this is obvious, but: since GitHub is quite widely used, there's no shortage of userscripts for GitHub besides the cosmetic one I linked in my last response, and some of them could be quite useful. I'm also seeing a growing amount of integration between GitHub and developer-focused text editors, as well as IDEs. If you're already using Atom to edit your userscripts, well, it's a GitHub project, so the integration is as good as you might expect. Sublime Text has excellent integration as well, if you leverage the package management system. I believe Notepad++ has integration, and so on and so forth.
Post edited September 19, 2017 by aloishammer
high rated
aloishammer: snip
Sounds good. I'll definitely look into it.

I've been meaning to do a bit of a refactor of the script anyway, I know some people have requested a lighter weight modular version where they can just get the downloader links without any of the other stuff and I think that might be possible with a bit of a rework.

And if I do some actual commenting of the code etc. then if anyone else wanted to contribute it might be a bit easier.

I just need to try and put some time aside to do what needs to be done with the script at the moment.

Thanks for all that info, I don't really know a lot about userscripts and stuff beyond what I've learned while doing this so any help and advice is always welcome :)
adaliabooks: Thanks for all that info, I don't really know a lot about userscripts and stuff beyond what I've learned while doing this so any help and advice is always welcome :)
Heh. I would like to be able to help on the script end, but the couple of scripts I served off GitHub were very minor forks of userscripts written by other folks. One of the hardest things I did was add to an internal list of DRM names to bring "Steam DRM Highlighter" back to life, sort of. GitHub is something I can help with a bit more; I've hosted private implementations of git, Subversion, CVS, and Perforce in the past, and I've done some real work with actually using git and Subversion (but not recently).

Oh, that reminds me of something: if you don't like the cut of GitHub's jib, GitLab has some free features that GitHub does not (free private / secret repos) and it looks to me like they've tried in some part to make the external APIs compatible with GitHub's. I'm not certain if you can use, say, Sublime Text's GitHub integration with GitLab instead. At the very least, any IDE or text editor that integrates with git itself—the actual software / service / protocol—should integrate fine with GitLab or any other git server.
Post edited September 19, 2017 by aloishammer
high rated
Apologies if someone else already mentioned this.

I use Firefox Developer Edition, and they just pushed into the wild the dreaded version 57. I don't know if 57 is now out there for the main Firefox yet, but if not it will be soon. Firefox 57 gets rid of of the 'legacy' Add-ons, meaning if you use Greasemonkey for AF and BE, it will no longer work. Mozilla has gone the route of Chrome, favoring safety of ecosystem over functionaity, and forced WebExtensions on us. For those folks like me, you can go ahead and try using Tampermonkey instead. Here's a link for the Firefox WebExtensions version: https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/tampermonkey/
high rated
vulchor: Apologies if someone else already mentioned this.

I use Firefox Developer Edition, and they just pushed into the wild the dreaded version 57. I don't know if 57 is now out there for the main Firefox yet, but if not it will be soon. Firefox 57 gets rid of of the 'legacy' Add-ons, meaning if you use Greasemonkey for AF and BE, it will no longer work. Mozilla has gone the route of Chrome, favoring safety of ecosystem over functionaity, and forced WebExtensions on us. For those folks like me, you can go ahead and try using Tampermonkey instead. Here's a link for the Firefox WebExtensions version: https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/tampermonkey/
Thanks Vulchor, that's good to know there is still a way to get the scripts working in the new Firefox.

Right, I'm looking for a little poll here. I'm hoping to start reworking the chat stuff soon, but looking at the current options I had for the old chat, I'm not sure how much of it is still required.

I plan to combine the current chat info bar with the top bar of GOG's new chat window (so add the avatar, registered date and the button to generate a transcript) but I don't think the sorting and filtering options make much sense any more with the current system.

I do plan to implement some new stuff too, like remembering the left hand list of contacts (and maybe sorting it if required) but if anyone has any suggestions about features they might like or features from the old chat that should be kept or re-implemented let me know.
Can you bring back the old chat, lol? I'm pissed that all my chat history is completely gone now.
high rated
vulchor: Can you bring back the old chat, lol? I'm pissed that all my chat history is completely gone now.
Lol

It may actually be possible, but would require far more time than I have available to re jig all of Gog's new systems to match how it used to work...