It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

adaliabooks: If they were putting someone else's software into the installers
You mean like Foxit Reader or whatever PDF reader would be offered for installation if you didn't have any .pdf association? Do they still have that in the installers or not btw?
Telika: Say, Adaliabooks.

Would it be thinkable to add, in the next version, an icon to the library games (shop and account) warning us if they belong to the list of installers with pre-bundled Galaxy bloatware ?

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1CuRw1E44ZSEgY-pjuimEjBHZPgBEa-mUVmmAkgyIkmU/edit

I would like to easily avoid buying or updating these on Gog, and I suspect I'm not the only one.
thomq: Have you noticed this post (503) offering a GOGmix so it shows up on the game pages themselves? It just popped up a few minutes ago.
That's a cool idea, helpful for games that one would have bought. So that's already something.

It doesn't help for updates, though. There's a "Renowned Explorer" update right now, and I would have downloaded it if I hadn't checked the list manually.

(And yes, now, if I don't want the GOG bloatware, I have to stay behind in terms of game versions. That's really a shit move, GOG.)
adaliabooks: Yeah, I get that, and it's certainly not a step I would have taken. But if fables is correct in the other thread and it will remember your setting once you've said no once then I don't really see a huge issue as it won't even effect most people.

If they were putting someone else's software into the installers I'd be gone in a shot as I do hate anything that tries to push toolbars and such on me, but Galaxy isn't exactly in the same league as that.
Hey, I'm not trying to rush, but I was wondering if you saw my post a few weeks back. I still experience this issue, but it is not a huge problem for me. If it is not a simple fix, I would suggest not worrying about it since I seem to be the only one affectedc.
paladin181: Something in this script is causing images not to load on attachments on Firefox 53. If I click an attachment, I get a blank white page. Disabling this script fixes the issue.

Even better, I don't have this issue on my Windows 7 machine at work, which is FF 52.0.2. Also, at home, some of the functionality of Barefoot essentials seem to be broken, so I may have some other problems going on. I hope I don't need to do a clean reinstall of FF.
paladin181: The problem is caused by a conflict between Adalia Fundamentals and Privacy Badger on Firefox 53. Either one active lets the images load fine. Both together causes attachments to posts to load as a blank white screen. Even if Privacy Badger is set up not to be active on a page, there's something it is doing in 53 it wasn't doing in 52... Oh well. There are other solutions to Privacy Badger.

My Tab Mix Plus problem with Barefoot Essentials though....
high rated
adaliabooks: Yeah, I get that, and it's certainly not a step I would have taken. But if fables is correct in the other thread and it will remember your setting once you've said no once then I don't really see a huge issue as it won't even effect most people.

If they were putting someone else's software into the installers I'd be gone in a shot as I do hate anything that tries to push toolbars and such on me, but Galaxy isn't exactly in the same league as that.
paladin181: Hey, I'm not trying to rush, but I was wondering if you saw my post a few weeks back. I still experience this issue, but it is not a huge problem for me. If it is not a simple fix, I would suggest not worrying about it since I seem to be the only one affectedc.
paladin181: Something in this script is causing images not to load on attachments on Firefox 53. If I click an attachment, I get a blank white page. Disabling this script fixes the issue.

Even better, I don't have this issue on my Windows 7 machine at work, which is FF 52.0.2. Also, at home, some of the functionality of Barefoot essentials seem to be broken, so I may have some other problems going on. I hope I don't need to do a clean reinstall of FF.
paladin181:
paladin181: The problem is caused by a conflict between Adalia Fundamentals and Privacy Badger on Firefox 53. Either one active lets the images load fine. Both together causes attachments to posts to load as a blank white screen. Even if Privacy Badger is set up not to be active on a page, there's something it is doing in 53 it wasn't doing in 52... Oh well. There are other solutions to Privacy Badger.

My Tab Mix Plus problem with Barefoot Essentials though....
paladin181:
I'll try have a look but I can't promise anything at the moment, the next 6 weeks are my busiest time of the year unfortunately.
Attachments:
Post edited May 12, 2017 by adaliabooks
high rated
adaliabooks: I'll try have a look but I can't promise anything at the moment, the next 6 weeks are my busiest time of the year unfortunately.
No problem. I would attempt to fix it myself if I had any inkling of where to start, or how to. I just wanted to give myself the chance to be seen. not demanding a fix because I can live without Privacy Badger, and if GOG continues ceasing to be GOG, I can live without them too. :)
high rated
paladin181: No problem. I would attempt to fix it myself if I had any inkling of where to start, or how to. I just wanted to give myself the chance to be seen. not demanding a fix because I can live without Privacy Badger, and if GOG continues ceasing to be GOG, I can live without them too. :)
I've just installed Privacy Badger on Firefox and I'm not getting any conflicts. Is there any specific set up or situation which seems to cause the issue?
Just that when both your script and privacy badger are installed and active, attachments on messages don't show the images. I did a clean reinstall of FF (instead of just a new profile, derp. Old school and all) and still had the issue. I guess that means it's on my end somewhere. Thanks for checking it out.
adaliabooks: I've just installed Privacy Badger on Firefox and I'm not getting any conflicts. Is there any specific set up or situation which seems to cause the issue?
Post edited May 12, 2017 by paladin181
high rated
paladin181: Just that when both your script and privacy badger are installed and active, attachments on messages don't show the images. I did a clean reinstall of FF (instead of just a new profile, derp. Old school and all) and still had the issue. I guess that means it's on my end somewhere. Thanks for checking it out.
adaliabooks: I've just installed Privacy Badger on Firefox and I'm not getting any conflicts. Is there any specific set up or situation which seems to cause the issue?
paladin181:
I checked a few different attachments and they all seemed to work as far as I could tell.

Do you get the issue when you click on the actual image itself? Or can you not click the links at all?
Once you've clicked the link and it opens a new tab/window there shouldn't be a lot that could go wrong as it's literally just an image, do you get any errors in the console?
adaliabooks: I checked a few different attachments and they all seemed to work as far as I could tell.

Do you get the issue when you click on the actual image itself? Or can you not click the links at all?
Once you've clicked the link and it opens a new tab/window there shouldn't be a lot that could go wrong as it's literally just an image, do you get any errors in the console?
If I open the attachment in a new tab (middle click), it will open a blank white screen. If I just click it, nothing happens.

The problem was occurring on both my win 7 (work) and Win 10 (home) computers. It is now only occurring on my home PC as I can not replicate it on my work PC. I can not test and verify until this evening. It is most definitely something on my end, but both instances of Firefox are synced and have all the same addons. Which is the most perplexing of all.
high rated
adaliabooks: She's still stuck in the castle, she has no say in the matter ;) [...]
Or any matter, for that matter.

adaliabooks: [...] Anyway, I said I'd add it to the to do list.. I didn't say I'd do it any time soon... XD
I'd be seriously worried you're sick, if you had... wait, are you talking about the actual looking into it, or adding the request to your TO DO list? ¬_¬
high rated
HypersomniacLive: I'd be seriously worried you're sick, if you had... wait, are you talking about the actual looking into it, or adding the request to your TO DO list? ¬_¬
I quite frequently don't actually remember to add things to the to do list (I do keep one, to remind me of all the things I'm not doing), but I did actually add that one :)
high rated
adaliabooks: I quite frequently don't actually remember to add things to the to do list (I do keep one, to remind me of all the things I'm not doing), but I did actually add that one :)
*hands adaliabooks a sheet of paper titled TO ADD List - For all the things I forget to add to my other TO DO lists*
high rated
@HypersomniacLive and adaliabooks
I just have to say it: You two are just too funny when you are arguing :)
adaliabooks: I quite frequently don't actually remember to add things to the to do list (I do keep one, to remind me of all the things I'm not doing), but I did actually add that one :)
HypersomniacLive: *hands adaliabooks a sheet of paper titled TO ADD List - For all the things I forget to add to my other TO DO lists*
Yep, that would definitely help to "remember idea".
high rated
Very minor issue with one of the Legacy Boxes.

Not sure whether this is on GOG, or AF, but all other Game styles show.
<span class="bold">Wasteland 2: Director's Cut</span>
Legacy shows
<span class="bold">Wasteland 2: Director's Cut - Digital Classic Edition</span>

Which wouldn't be a problem, except it does so on the Digital Deluxe Edition.
I don't know if the corect image is avaiable, or not, but no mention of edition is better than getting it wrong, like the other 3 choices have.
If it's all that's available, fair enough, it's not I big problem, just one I spotted.