It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

InkPanther: It was a blitz.
Omfg, I'm dead. I can't even. Too much laughter. xD

You, sir, just made my day!
foxworks: Interesting. I enjoyed Captain Blood on the ST when abroad. Never heard of the other two titles. The hunt is on! :D
Be warned that Commander Blood is quite different from Captain Blood. While both are strange and very French, Commander Blood plays more like an open-world point-and-click game. It doesn't rely on the alien translator of the original either. I love 'em both, but pretty much all they have in common is the universe they are set in. And lots of weirdness. :)
foxworks: Interesting. I enjoyed Captain Blood on the ST when abroad. Never heard of the other two titles. The hunt is on! :D
IAmSinistar: Be warned that Commander Blood is quite different from Captain Blood. While both are strange and very French, Commander Blood plays more like an open-world point-and-click game. It doesn't rely on the alien translator of the original either. I love 'em both, but pretty much all they have in common is the universe they are set in. And lots of weirdness. :)
I do recall the weirdness ;-p Cheers!
Niggles: Does this actually mean the rights of ownership to the IP lapsed, owner wasnt able to renew as someone else picked them up?...at least thats way i read it...
'IP' isn't as important a concept for a historical game. You can't have World War 2 East Front as a protected setting in the same way as... Middle Earth or The Sword Coast or whatever. In this case it is basically just the trademark 'Achtung Panzer', the copyright for code and assets, and any publishing deal for the sale of the game.

It's far and away most likely that it's the last one that has changed, with Paradox's right to sell the game as a publisher having lapsed. Until there's an agreement between Graviteam and GOG to bring back (most likely) Graviteam Tactics: Kharkov '43 or (less likely) Paradox and Graviteam to extend the licensing for AP: K43 the game cannot be sold here. It's unlikely there'd be any other publisher involved, there's simply no need any more- Mius Front is self published on Steam, APOS/ GTOS was self published on Gamersgate anyway.
Bah, had it on my wishlist...
IAmSinistar: Be warned that Commander Blood is quite different from Captain Blood. While both are strange and very French, Commander Blood plays more like an open-world point-and-click game. It doesn't rely on the alien translator of the original either. I love 'em both, but pretty much all they have in common is the universe they are set in. And lots of weirdness. :)
That was one weird game on the old C64....
Niggles: That was one weird game on the old C64....
Pretty dang weird on the Amiga too. Graphics may not have translated well between systems in those days, but strangeness ported just fine. :)
Niggles: That was one weird game on the old C64....
IAmSinistar: Pretty dang weird on the Amiga too. Graphics may not have translated well between systems in those days, but strangeness ported just fine. :)
Ahh blame it on the froggies ;)
Will this ever get back on Gog? I missed the chance of buying it last time :/
NebuchadnezzarII: Will this ever get back on Gog? I missed the chance of buying it last time :/
Extremely unlikely in any form that it used to be. The Achtung Panzer IP was infringing on some copyright and the publisher had to take it down. As far as i know the original publisher no longer owns it and the new one doesn't like GOG or DRM-free at all. They even have an own online store. Gonna link it if i find it. Sorry about the bad news :/. Cheers

EDIT: Yup, got it here: https://store.steampowered.com/developer/graviteam. The new publisher is Graviteam and they have their games on Steam and their webpage. Graviteam Tactics Operation Star is the spiritual succesor to the removed AP Kharkov 1943. Good luck
Post edited September 21, 2019 by deja65
NebuchadnezzarII: Will this ever get back on Gog? I missed the chance of buying it last time :/
deja65: Extremely unlikely in any form that it used to be. The Achtung Panzer IP was infringing on some copyright and the publisher had to take it down. As far as i know the original publisher no longer owns it and the new one doesn't like GOG or DRM-free at all. They even have an own online store. Gonna link it if i find it. Sorry about the bad news :/. Cheers

EDIT: Yup, got it here: https://store.steampowered.com/developer/graviteam. The new publisher is Graviteam and they have their games on Steam and their webpage. Graviteam Tactics Operation Star is the spiritual succesor to the removed AP Kharkov 1943. Good luck
Ahh I see. Well thank you anyway :)