It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Big changes are here.

My Account is the heart of your GOG.com experience. It's the one place that's 100% yours, and the place you always go to download your games and manage the entire library.
Starting today, your My Account is completely new - remade and redesigned from scratch to better support our growing library of games and many of your biggest requests. Aside from every usability fix we could think of, we've also introduced brand new tools to keep your library organised, and new social features to stay in touch with your friends.

The list of new features is long, but you can see the whole thing on our forums. The most important highlights include:

--Support for friends lists and chat.
--Shared wishlists.
--Advanced filtering and custom tags for your library.
--A new, detailed order history.
--Accessible game changelogs.

We're sure that these new changes will greatly improve your overall user experience on GOG.com, and we can't wait to hear what you think on the wishlist and right here in the comments!
Notifications have not worked for me for quite a while. The number grows with a game update, but does not reduce once that update is downloaded. It also does not show notifications for Chat at all.

Currently I am showing 8 next to "ACCOUNT", and they are next to "LIBRARY" in the pull-down. However going into the library, the pulldown next to "My Collection" shows up as 0 updates, which I'm fairly sure is correct. Despite that notification still showing on the upper menu and the pulldown even when viewing the library page. I'd take a snip, but I can't work out how to get both pull-downs to stay open at the same time to highlight the error.

At first I thought it was Galaxy, as I got a single notification for chat there a few days ago. However killing Galaxy has no effect on the website.
I don't intend to use GOG Galaxy if they don't bring back original box art as an option.I'll rather use some frontend like LaunchBox where you can choose your cover
Post edited July 06, 2015 by RottenRotz
high rated
With the 4 months mark approaching, and with very little having been done based on the feedback that was given here, and in the My Account - big changes on the horizon threat, while more problems related to the chat system having cropped up in the meantime, it's time to bump the list of related wishlists, and add the one related to GOG's communication and transparency with its users:

* Games Collection *

Manual sorting

Keep or bring back manual sorting

Bring back game boxes in the game shelf

Bring back wood bookshelf library

Add an option to display all owned games on a single page in the user account

* Chat *

Necessary improvements and changes to make the current Chat system usable and user-friendly

Chat: Make sending a message with Enter configurable

Restore the old PM system

* Communication and Transparency *

Enhance GOG's communication with its users and be more transparent
HypersomniacLive: With the 4 months mark approaching, and with very little having been done based on the feedback that was given here, and in the My Account - big changes on the horizon threat, while more problems related to the chat system having cropped up in the meantime, it's time to bump the list of related wishlists, and add the one related to GOG's communication and transparency with its users:
Well GOG can't even stick to their own timeline for bringing back the missing features from PM so it isn't surprising that very little has been done in almost 4 months. And if you ask them why its taking so long then you'll be perpetually ignored as can be observed here and in the following thread.

http://www.gog.com/forum/general/update_blocking_users_and_deleting_messages_on_chat/post178
HypersomniacLive:
Its too late - the forum has been condemned for demolition as being in an unfit state of repair it it not suitable for habitation

*passed hard hat

Hmmm... if you can't wear it, you'll have to get off the site.

*signals jcbs
high rated
Sachys: Its too late - the forum has been condemned for demolition as being in an unfit state of repair it it not suitable for habitation

*passed hard hat

*signals jcbs
I'm ready.
HypersomniacLive: I'm ready.
Best make use of this as well then!

*fashions eyepatch from hazard tape and passes it
Attachments:
Post edited September 03, 2015 by Sachys
HypersomniacLive: With the 4 months mark approaching, and with very little having been done based on the feedback that was given here, and in the My Account - big changes on the horizon threat, while more problems related to the chat system having cropped up in the meantime, it's time to bump the list of related wishlists, and add the one related to GOG's communication and transparency with its users:

* Games Collection *

Manual sorting

Keep or bring back manual sorting

Bring back game boxes in the game shelf

Bring back wood bookshelf library

Add an option to display all owned games on a single page in the user account

* Chat *

Necessary improvements and changes to make the current Chat system usable and user-friendly

Chat: Make sending a message with Enter configurable

Restore the old PM system

* Communication and Transparency *

Enhance GOG's communication with its users and be more transparent
You forgot that chat is also comletely broken for some.
HypersomniacLive:
Sachys: Its too late - the forum has been condemned for demolition as being in an unfit state of repair it it not suitable for habitation

*passed hard hat

*signals jcbs
My theory is when they tried to return the chat functions, they ended up giving up for some reason (Probably the code being messed up.) and have started to redesign the entire site.
high rated
Crewdroog: You forgot that chat is also comletely broken for some.
Did I? Though I've not listed every single problem, I did say that we now have more problems with the chat system, which obviously includes the broken state it's in for a number of users.

You wouldn't by any chance think that mentioning it (by name) here would make a difference for GOG, would you now? ;-)

sherringon456: My theory is when they tried to return the chat functions, they ended up giving up for some reason (Probably the code being messed up.) and have started to redesign the entire site.
This is a very frightening theory.
Post edited September 03, 2015 by HypersomniacLive
Crewdroog: You forgot that chat is also comletely broken for some.
HypersomniacLive: Did I? Though I've not listed every single problem, I did say that we now have more problems with the chat system, which obviously includes the broken state it's in for a number of users.

You wouldn't by any chance think that mentioning it (by name) here would make a difference for GOG, would you now? ;-)

sherringon456: My theory is when they tried to return the chat functions, they ended up giving up for some reason (Probably the code being messed up.) and have started to redesign the entire site.
HypersomniacLive: This is a very frightening theory.
From you i'd expected a complete list. Shame!

And yes I do! ...no. but i'm frustrated dammit! Look, my avatar exploded and everything. :)
high rated
Crewdroog: From you i'd expected a complete list. Shame!

[...]
I would if I thought it'd make a difference, but at this point I kind of feel that they're just laughing behind our backs.

And yes I do! ...no. but i'm frustrated dammit! Look, my avatar exploded and everything. :)
Ha, I didn't recognise you!

I know you are frustrated, and I feel for you, I wish I could do something about it. Now I feel bad for not suffering from that bug. :/

[...]
HypersomniacLive: I would if I thought it'd make a difference, but at this point I kind of feel that they're just laughing behind our backs.

HypersomniacLive: Ha, I didn't recognise you!

I know you are frustrated, and I feel for you, I wish I could do something about it. Now I feel bad for not suffering from that bug. :/
I know, I'm gonna be my normal stupid self in the forum and people are gonna be like, "who is this asshat?"
high rated
Crewdroog: I know, I'm gonna be my normal entertaining self in the forum and people are gonna be like, "who is this funny user, how come I've not noticed them before?"
FTFY! :-)
Crewdroog: I know, I'm gonna be my normal entertaining self in the forum and people are gonna be like, "who is this funny user, how come I've not noticed them before?"
HypersomniacLive: FTFY! :-)
lol that's like when people fix their resume; instead of cashier it says "customer service representative" lol. but thanks! :)