It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

MarkoH01: Believe me, we told them again and again and again 3 years ago and we hoped that they understood but it does not seem to be so. Given the fact that JudasIscariot the most active blue here in the forum back then is not posting anymore at all for me is a clear sign that GOG basically decided against communication as long as it is not necessary (or they think it is not necessary). Imo that was a very wrong decision from their side.
I think there's a general disconnect between the company and their users in all honesty, they don't seem to be aware of what their place is in the grand scheme of things. I get that spurting out fancy catchphrases like 'fck-drm' is nifty for few extra likes, but their lack of highlighting key games that only they sell, or even doing anything content wise that showcases their connection to preservation is a bit of a worry.

As for forum, active moderation and interaction should be bread and butter. If talking to people about video games is a struggle, then that's a flaw that speaks for itself. Turning up to ban people or enforce rules does nothing but make things feel clinical.
Linko64: (…) their lack of highlighting key games that only they sell, or even doing anything content wise that showcases their connection to preservation is a bit of a worry. (…)
Even worse, there have been several releases in the last three months that didn't have any news. Some of them were mentioned in completely unrelated news posts, but IMO that's even worse, because in the other case you could fool yourself into thinking that they forgot the news.

Everything they do gives the impression that they don't care about the customers and the products that they sell.
Linko64: (…) their lack of highlighting key games that only they sell, or even doing anything content wise that showcases their connection to preservation is a bit of a worry. (…)
mk47at: Even worse, there have been several releases in the last three months that didn't have any news. Some of them were mentioned in completely unrelated news posts, but IMO that's even worse, because in the other case you could fool yourself into thinking that they forgot the news.

Everything they do gives the impression that they don't care about the customers and the products that they sell.
That boils down to figuring out a communication flow, i'm not a fan of news being stuck at the bottom of the page in all honestly, and the new release posts can float to later pages within a few hours on here.

Would make more sense to sticky stuff for 48 hours, but i would assume they see Newsletters as their primary release info method
nightcraw1er.488: Suggestions for revamping the site:
1 stop using zuckerburg’s data scraping tax dodger site for garnering opinions.
2 fix those things on the web site which have been broken since dinosaurs roamed here.
3 less focus on, oh look shiny new “achievement” in galaxy, and more on getting complete offline products.

Just a few off top of my head.
Hear, hear! (But they won't, of course.)
And definitely, if they want opinions about their site, how about they ask them on it, not elsewhere? Sheesh...
Linko64: The core of niche companies is the user base, even more so in this case.
The thing is that GOG don't consider themselves niche. They used to, and were content with that, and that led to the nice community and their ability to have values. They were openly saying back then that they don't compete with Steam or the sole-publisher-stores, they're for a different crowd. Then they decided to switch to full growth and see themselves as Steam's main competitor...
Post edited March 04, 2020 by Cavalary
karnak1: If you go to any online place (a blog, a news site, any sort of message board of any topic) and you decide to post any sort of opinion you'll get a 50% chance of being insulted or trolled.
Breja: Yep, this.

GOG did a lot wrong, at least from my point of view but what happened to the community is not their fault, at least not directly. Things have just generally gotten terrible everywhere on the Internet. […]
real.geizterfahr: "Magic" is a difficult thing. It's nice to have, but at one point it's starting to cost you a lot of money.
Breja: I appreciate your insight, but I don't really agree. […] For me the problem is not lack of goodies or funny news or any such "fluff" but major, crucial issues like user profiles and their terrible initial implementation, pushing Galaxy in offline installers, awful site redesign piss-poor communication with community etc. […] We're not talking about going the extra mile, but stuff they could have done right from the get go but chose not to, […].
Ja, methinks Gog's problems stem more from a faulty business plan than a lack of enthusiasm.
karnak1:
nightcraw1er.488: Suggestions for revamping the site:
1 stop using zuckerburg’s data-scraping tax-dodger site for garnering opinions.
2 fix those things on the web site which have been broken since dinosaurs roamed here.
3 less focus on, oh look shiny new “achievement” in galaxy, and more on getting complete offline products.

Just a few off top of my head.
+1

1. I stopped using that site more than a decade ago. (One of the most significant contentions I had was the legal precedent that he was trying to create; they actually wanted to own everything on the social network. Now, it seems, they are arguing that they are not responsible for the content on their network, so having their cake and eating it too.)
2. Another reason I do not correspond much on this site is because the software is terrible. I'm sure there are reasons for the design and implementation of the current suite, but an off-the-shelf forum has more features than this one. The site is terrible waste of time to use. (That, plus the 2% of the community who revel in anonymous trolling.)
3. As a gamer who uses a computer not connected to the interwebs I have ZERO interest in shiny achievements and posting screenshots / video play / etc. I cannot use Steam (and probably wouldn't even if I could) since a network connection is the sine qua non for Valve's client.
low rated
Can we do a rerun of this? 6 community members went to GOG HQ 2021. I'd be down! For the free Cyberpunk merch I'm sure to receive I'd even travel to Warsaw, 'rona be damned! Is Keanu going to be there? I love The Matrix!