It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Let’s celebrate Star Trek Day in the best way possible, by bringing back and enjoying some of the best classic Star Trek games now available on GOG.COM!

This year marks the 55th anniversary of the first Star Trek show airing on TV as well as the 100th birthday of the late Gene Roddenberry, who imagined a future in which people have overcome their differences and gone on to explore strange new worlds and seek out new life and new civilizations.

What started as a quirky sci-fi TV show in the ’60s, has become one of the biggest and most recognizable franchises in Western entertainment. 55 years, 11 TV and streaming series, and 13 blockbuster movies later, the Star Trek universe is still growing with unique characters, beautifully designed starships, alien races, and amazing adventures that bring us joy and hope for a better future.

Games: the final frontier
Star Trek also made its mark on the world of video games. The first text-based computer games set in the universe are dated back to 1971, with many official and even more unofficial releases appearing in arcades, on Apple I and II computers, various models of Atari, the Commodore 64, and all the way to DOS and Windows PCs.

You might already know about the adventure games Star Trek: 25th Anniversary and Judgment Rites but an absolute golden era of Star Trek games began at the end of the ’90s and the beginning of the 2000s with new games landing every few months. Unfortunately, many of those titles have become unavailable in recent years and are basically unplayable on modern machines.

This changes now with 6 classic Star]https://www.gog.com/partner/startrek”>Star[/url] Trek games releasing for the first time in digital distribution on GOG.COM.

Discover 6 classic Star Trek games
Preserving classic games is very close to our hearts, so we made sure that these games are up to date, running smoothly on Windows 10, and some of them even offer a working LAN multiplayer.

Every game from this list will give you a unique opportunity to immerse yourself into the world of Star Trek, interact with beloved characters, and explore new parts of the universe.

In Star Trek: Voyager - Elite Force you become a security officer on board of USS Voyager, assigned to a new special unit called the Hazard Team. Together with AI-controlled crewmates, you take on the most dangerous missions, including fighting the Borg. Between the missions, you can explore the ship and interact with the well-known bridge crew with all the actors reprising their roles.

Star Trek: Elite Force II takes the first-person shooter experience to the next level with improved visuals (it’s one of the best-looking games using the Quake III Arena engine), and a set of new missions to complete. This time, your character is being transferred to serve on Enterprise-E where you receive your orders from Captain Jean-Luc Picard himself!

Star Trek: Hidden Evil also gives you a chance to assist Captain Picard and Lt. Cmdr. Data with both Patrick Stewart and Brent Spiner reprising their roles. In this third-person adventure game, you take the role of Ensign Sovok and explore alien ruins and try to save your team before the conniving Romulans make use of an ancient biological weapon.

This next game is perfect for everyone wanting to run special operations on new planets. Star Trek: Away Team is an isometric turn-based tactical game influenced by titles like Commandos and the X-Com series. You need to pick the best away team for each mission and lead its members through dangerous covert operations across locations like the Klingon homeworld, a Borg cube, and Starfleet Academy.

Star Trek: Starfleet Command III gives you a tactical challenge of a completely different scale. In this game, you play the story campaign as a Klingon, Romulan, or Federation captain. Your task is to customize your starship and lead it into space battles while uncovering a plot around the construction of the first Klingon-Federation space station.

Finally, Star Trek: Bridge Commander is probably the most immersive Star Trek gaming experience as it sits you in an actual captain’s chair, surrounded by a crew waiting for your orders. Combat is not the main focus of this title as you spend a lot of time talking to your crew, managing the ship, exploring space, assisting endangered colonies, and conducting diplomatic negotiations.

Make it so!
We hope you’ll enjoy these 6 classic Star Trek games, all updated to work on modern computers, and now available on GOG.COM. In addition, two real-time strategy titles, Star Trek: Armada and Star Trek: Armada II are coming soon and you can now add them to your wishlists.

As every game on this list offers you a different experience and a chance to meet some of your favorite characters, let us know in the comments which one is your favorite and why!

©2021 CBS Studios Inc. STAR TREK and related marks and logos are trademarks of CBS Studios Inc. All Rights Reserved.
Last week I was on vacation, without any internet available. Coming home yesterday and seeing these games on GoG was an incredible surprise.
I would say It is a miracle to finally get these long awaited impossible classics, but I imagine there was lots of hard work and years of bureaucracy involved.

Thank you very much GoG, Activision, ViacomCBS and any other licence holder to these games.

However, I am slightly unhappy that those are mostly only English versions (I did mod STEF2 though, copying both locpak*.pk3 from my german disk installation and edit the 'username'.ini with "seta local_language "Deu"").

The only official German localisation is in ST VOY Elite Force 1. Curiously it is the only one Activision ST game that does not feature Picard.
I wonder if there are licence issues related with the in 2013 deceased voice actor Rolf Schult and his family.
This is just a thought I had (but in that case there would still be German text versions of all ST games).
Instead I hope those are merely technical issues or missing localized original discs and that the German versions weren't ready for the Star Trek day, similar to Armada 1+2.

AFAIK there are 15 classic core ST games remaining (My most wanted wishlist is *):

Interplay:
- ST StarFleet Command 2
- ST StarFleet Command 2: Orion Pirates
- ST Klingon Academy*
- ST StarFleet Academy: Chekov's Lost Missions*
- ST New Worlds*

Microprose/Hasbro (Weren't they acquired by Night Dive Studios?):
- ST DS9 Harbinger
- ST TNG A Final Unity*
- ST Generations
- ST Birth of the Federation
- ST Klingon Honor Guard*

UbiSoft:
- ST Legacy* (from the Armada Developers)

Simon&Schuster (Are they still part of Pocket Books, which is afaik owned by ViacomCBS?):
- ST Klingon
- ST Borg
- ST DS9 The Fallen*
- ST DS9 Dominion Wars*
- ST StarShip Creator 1+2 (not actually games, but the second one ties into Dominion Wars)

Maybe you could even make it possible to feature the Stellaris Mod "ST New Horizons" as a free game or expansion in the GoG store and library. I hope this mod has the permission by ViacomCBS to be publicly available.
Post edited September 13, 2021 by Rhyney
I wish people would not so easily forget Star Trek The Rebel Universe. The game was a mix between the much later Final Unity and Bridge Commander. Only that the game was released in the late 80s I admit I have never played the PC (MS-DOS) version (or was it a booter?), but at least the Atari ST version was really good for the time.

I do hope it is released here one day.
trusteft: I wish people would not so easily forget Star Trek The Rebel Universe.
There's also The Kobayashi Alternative, The Promethean Prophecy, The Transinium Challenge, and a few others.
Rhyney: Last week I was on vacation, without any internet available. Coming home yesterday and seeing these games on GoG was an incredible surprise.
I would say It is a miracle to finally get these long awaited impossible classics, but I imagine there was lots of hard work and years of bureaucracy involved.

Thank you very much GoG, Activision, ViacomCBS and any other licence holder to these games.

However, I am slightly unhappy that those are mostly only English versions (I did mod STEF2 though, copying both locpak*.pk3 from my german disk installation and edit the 'username'.ini with "seta local_language "Deu"").

The only official German localisation is in ST VOY Elite Force 1. Curiously it is the only one Activision ST game that does not feature Picard.
I wonder if there are licence issues related with the in 2013 deceased voice actor Rolf Schult and his family.
This is just a thought I had (but in that case there would still be German text versions of all ST games).
Instead I hope those are merely technical issues or missing localized original discs and that the German versions weren't ready for the Star Trek day, similar to Armada 1+2.

AFAIK there are 15 classic core ST games remaining (My most wanted wishlist is *):

Interplay:
- ST StarFleet Command 2
- ST StarFleet Command 2: Orion Pirates
- ST Klingon Academy*
- ST StarFleet Academy: Chekov's Lost Missions*
- ST New Worlds*

Microprose/Hasbro (Weren't they acquired by Night Dive Studios?):
- ST DS9 Harbinger
- ST TNG A Final Unity*
- ST Generations
- ST Birth of the Federation
- ST Klingon Honor Guard*

UbiSoft:
- ST Legacy* (from the Armada Developers)

Simon&Schuster (Are they still part of Pocket Books, which is afaik owned by ViacomCBS?):
- ST Klingon
- ST Borg
- ST DS9 The Fallen*
- ST DS9 Dominion Wars*
- ST StarShip Creator 1+2 (not actually games, but the second one ties into Dominion Wars)

Maybe you could even make it possible to feature the Stellaris Mod "ST New Horizons" as a free game or expansion in the GoG store and library. I hope this mod has the permission by ViacomCBS to be publicly available.
Trust me, you do not want to play DS9: Dominion Wars, what a piece of c**p that was... :|
Rhyney: - ST StarFleet Academy: Chekov's Lost Missions*
I agree it would be really nice if Gog added that mission pack to Starfleet academy (or even sold it separately if they want to make some extra profit), I've always found its absence rather puzzling given that the main game was released on Gog many years ago.

EDIT: According to this wishlist entry it's now available on Gog (?):
https://www.gog.com/wishlist/games/star_trek_starfleet_academy_chekovs_lost_missions_1

However, another wish is still active:
https://www.gog.com/wishlist/games/chekovs_lost_missions_expansion_for_star_trek_starfleet_academy

I don't have time to install Starfleet academy right now, maybe someone else can confirm.
Post edited September 18, 2021 by morolf
Rhyney: - ST StarFleet Academy: Chekov's Lost Missions*
morolf: I agree it would be really nice if Gog added that mission pack to Starfleet academy (or even sold it separately if they want to make some extra profit), I've always found its absence rather puzzling given that the main game was released on Gog many years ago.

EDIT: According to this wishlist entry it's now available on Gog (?):
https://www.gog.com/wishlist/games/star_trek_starfleet_academy_chekovs_lost_missions_1

However, another wish is still active:
https://www.gog.com/wishlist/games/chekovs_lost_missions_expansion_for_star_trek_starfleet_academy

I don't have time to install Starfleet academy right now, maybe someone else can confirm.
As far as I can tell, the installer hasn't changed in size or version number. I'm downloading it now to confirm, but I'm not optimistic.

EDIT: Nope, no change. The addon missions aren't there.
Post edited September 18, 2021 by Nergal01
Nergal01: EDIT: Nope, no change. The addon missions aren't there.
Yeah, I just tried it myself, no change. Kind of annoying that this wish which had over 300 votes has been marked as "completed".