It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

What do you envision in this new year? This is intentionally an open-ended question, so please feel to elaborate and articulate your answer in your own individual manner.
for it to last 365 days
high rated
amok: for it to last 365 days
Correction: 366 days... 2020 is a leap year. :)
You will be deeply disappointed then. Not gonna happen.

Edit: freakin' ninjas. ;)
Post edited December 31, 2019 by eric5h5
In general nothing good...don't want to go into detail, since political content is banned, but a major international crisis (war with Iran, worsening of the tensions with Russia, or maybe a new North Korea crisis) wouldn't surprise me. Don't expect anything positive on the domestic front either.
Personally, meh, probably nothing good either. I should at least be able though to close a chapter in my life that has taken far more time than it should have. Remains to be seen what happens after that.
eric5h5: You will be deeply disappointed then. Not gonna happen.
so, nothing changes from last year, then...
To be one year closer to death's door. Hooray!
To meet the fairest and kindest girl in the entire world, once again and reunite with her. Nothing else.
morolf: In general nothing good...don't want to go into detail, since political content is banned, but a major international crisis (war with Iran, worsening of the tensions with Russia, or maybe a new North Korea crisis) wouldn't surprise me. Don't expect anything positive on the domestic front either.
Personally, meh, probably nothing good either. I should at least be able though to close a chapter in my life that has taken far more time than it should have. Remains to be seen what happens after that.
Don't worry about Russia. We, the people of Russia, love Germany.

We've been best friends and worst enemies for centuries. If it's not love, then I don't know what love is...
falloutttt: Don't worry about Russia. We, the people of Russia, love Germany.

We've been best friends and worst enemies for centuries. If it's not love, then I don't know what love is...
I didn't mean it in the sense that I attribute any nefarious plans for conquring Europe or something like that to Russia. It's the risk of miscalculations (not just on Russia's side btw) and unplanned escalations that worry me. People in general underestimate the risk of a major war today imo, because so far all the potentially very dangerous crises in recent years in the end didn't escalate...but can we always be so lucky?
Anyway, let's hope sanity prevails, all the best for the new year to you!
falloutttt: Don't worry about Russia. We, the people of Russia, love Germany.

morolf: I didn't mean it in the sense that I attribute any nefarious plans for conquring Europe or something like that to Russia. It's the risk of miscalculations (not just on Russia's side btw) and unplanned escalations that worry me. People in general underestimate the risk of a major war today imo, because so far all the potentially very dangerous crises in recent years in the end didn't escalate...but can we always be so lucky?
Anyway, let's hope sanity prevails, all the best for the new year to you!
I'm not going deeper into politics. Besides, it's not the time nor place. :)

Thank you friend, and Happy New Year!!
low rated
I think it would be the same for several years to come, for Gog to abolish the rep system:)
morolf says part of it well enough... Mr.Mumbles too, at that level.
Personally and immediately, expect to lose my net access at the end of the week and not find any suitable replacement. Which has more implications than others would think... So, complete mess.
If I'll still manage to get out of bed, may take the opportunity to spend most time playing stuff for the next week or two. After that, the usual, be either dead or have every day add to the hopelessness, bitterness and anger generated by having spent it in a world continuing to head like a train with no brakes straight for a cliff, and without anything in my personal life to make being here worth it in some other way either.
Bad:
- Win7 support ends.
Good:
- Time to finally go Linux. For real. And only keep Windows around for gaming if needed.
- Cyberpunk is coming.
Just to take each day as it comes, like any other year.